iiGoku

PvE Balance Changes

Hello,

I would like to suggest following things to the Balance of the PvE Creatures.

- Decrease the Aggro Radius of Animals like Wolves, Tigers, Lions, Snakes, etc. (-30% to 50%)

- Decrease Damage dealt by said Animals. (-20% to -30%)

- Lower Spawnrate of Alpha Creatures. (-50%)

- Increase HP of tamed Creatures. (+15% to +30%)

- Bug: Animals can hit Structures like Storage Boxes, Smithy, Wooden Floors, etc through Stone Walls

Reasons:

- A Bow does around 80 Damage with a Headshot towards a Wolf, a Pistol around 130 and only the Blunderbuss + Carbine 1-shots them. Same goes for other written above Animals, except the Lion. The Lion's take more damage from these Weapons. Around a 110 with a Bow and so on.

- No matter how much you try to be safe and look around you, these animals jump you out of nowhere and you usually end up being dead.

- Alpha Creatures in the Territory I live in and after asking multiple People on other Islands face around 5-20 Alpha's a Day. Late Game they are easy to kill with Fire Arrows and Carbines, but early - midgame they're pretty much an annoyance and a Tamekiller of everything you own. No matter how careful you are, their Aggro Range is so huge, they'll jump at you out of nowhere and you mostlikely end up being dead with a Tame which gets 1- or 2-hitted.

- It says something if its easy to take out a whole Crew of Damned Warriors when you look for Treasure, but then having trouble cause a Lv3 Wolf interrupts. The big difference is the Movement Speed I suppose. You can kite Damned Warriors, but you can't kite Wolves, Lions or Tigers. They're just too fast. It would be nice to maybe learn a Skill to increase your Movement Speed for around 3 - 5 seconds and call it "Charge, Rush" or something like that. Not to be super quick, just so you can barely outrun these Creatures and make it possible to either Run + Shoot them or get to some high ground.

- Tamed Creatures seem to have a really hard time competing against Wild Creatures. Usually even a low level wild Creature seems to be stronger than a tamed one. It also seems like Wild Creatures have more HP than Tamed ones. Do tamed Creatures lose HP after they are tamed?

If you have a different Opinion or agree with the points above, feel free to write it down.

Please remember to give constructive feedback and add your suggestions, this is not a Topic to complain or troll.

Thank you for reading!

Edited by iiGoku
  • Like 2

I agree that alphas need to undergo some changes. However, some semantic feedback:

No one has reached late game yet. High level, or access to guns, is not late game. I'm farming mythos by the thousands and working on upgrading my Galleon to Mythical parts all over, and I'm only in the early stages of the mid-game. Please be sure to remember that there is far more to this game than building a house.

As for more directly relevant feedback:

I do not feel that the non-alpha creatures themselves are in need a rework, but instead feel that their SPAWNING mechanics need a MASSIVE overhaul:

1- They spawn inside floors, in bases, and glitch through them. Even completely enclosed and raised off the ground bases are not safe from internal spawns. This is horrendous and needs a tremendous correction.
2- They spawn entirely too often, too close to players and tames, and in quantities that can, at times, be almost beyond description in excessiveness. I tried living on the Northeasternmost island of O2.. If the complete lack of fiber wasn't a deal breaker, the 42 wolves, 6 lions and 12 scorpions that spawned on a stretch of beach shorter in length and width than my Schooner every 6 minutes was. It was completely insane that I would spend a near constant loop fighting them off and that no amount of killing them or placing down emplacements would deter the spawns. Worse still was that this was just a minor fraction of the total island's spawns. This would explain why the island was uninhabited, despite it's very large and proximity to islands with high densities of important resources.

Sure, a wolf should be able to kill me. This is not Ark, and is taking a more "role playing" approach to survival. I'll accept them being broken, if they don't break 500 things per 5 minutes due to pure oversaturation.

As for alphas, yes. They're just blatantly broken and need to undergo more than simply rebalancing, but rather a redesign. I've run Golden Age ruins solo on livestream, and I can say definitively that the ruins are actually easier to fight through than home base defense from alphas that are trying to glitch inside to kill my tames. I've moved my base off-land to be over the sea just outside my initial land claim, and somehow I still wind up fighting alphas that are slowly finding their way through my gates or even ceilings. And when it isn't that, it's an alpha manta ray trying to destroy the shipyards because those sadly have to be placed in water so I have no way to completely protect them as I wanted them attached to my base.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GunnyTheGrey said:

1- They spawn inside floors, in bases, and glitch through them. Even completely enclosed and raised off the ground bases are not safe from internal spawns. This is horrendous and needs a tremendous correction.
2- They spawn entirely too often, too close to players and tames, and in quantities that can, at times, be almost beyond description in excessiveness. I tried living on the Northeasternmost island of O2.. If the complete lack of fiber wasn't a deal breaker, the 42 wolves, 6 lions and 12 scorpions that spawned on a stretch of beach shorter in length and width than my Schooner every 6 minutes was. It was completely insane that I would spend a near constant loop fighting them off and that no amount of killing them or placing down emplacements would deter the spawns. Worse still was that this was just a minor fraction of the total island's spawns. This would explain why the island was uninhabited, despite it's very large and proximity to islands with high densities of important resources.

I agree to these points completely. I forgot to mention them. Thank you for that!