Sign in to follow this  
TheFailingPierat

Refitting ships

Parking to shipyard would make new option to refitting ship, it would pick it up demolish all placed items except planks, decks and masts and the ship would retain its level and get a respeck for its lvls.

• Like 1

I would like to pull ship into dry dock to work on it easier, but none of the rest. Ship respec is ridiculous and too easy to abuse. Attached pieces should be able to be picked up whole while dry docked. 

4 hours ago, TheSzerdi said:

I would like to pull ship into dry dock to work on it easier, but none of the rest. Ship respec is ridiculous and too easy to abuse. Attached pieces should be able to be picked up whole while dry docked. 

I was talking about this the other night.

parts and structures built on a ship should remain able to be picked up until such a time as its released from dry dock.

I don't think they should be able to reenter though as that would allow people to have one brig and then swap out weapons etc with no cost.

1 hour ago, microphobe said:

I was talking about this the other night.

parts and structures built on a ship should remain able to be picked up until such a time as its released from dry dock.

I don't think they should be able to reenter though as that would allow people to have one brig and then swap out weapons etc with no cost.

Swapping out guns would take a while to haul around unless you just carry the extra weight on the ship. Plus it's realistic. The free respec would be too much with the instant switch between weight and sturdiness.