Hpnotiq

EXP Nerfs and Leveling

Anyone found a viable way to grind levels after the most recent changes/nerfs to experience gain?   I'm currently at lvl 47 and crawling my way to 48.  Treasure chests give a very minuscule amount of experience now.  Even Alpha's seem to give a rather small amount of experience compared to before.  Anyone found a method to getting experience at a faster rate than a sloth fighting a snail? 

Depends on the treasure chest hunting you do.  It definitely became more of a grind but treasure chests and hunting ships of the damned seem to be the best options for exp.  The only thing I can think of that might be better and we haven't tested is the power stone islands.

Alpha Elephants have been working for me. They are slow and easy to get caught into the geography. About 1/3 a level for each one.

treasure hunting is by far the quickest way to level, the map bottles are everywhere, and the common maps are generally either on your grid or 1 grid in any direction.  Using flame arrows you can easily solo the common maps by shooting the ground in front of the mobs as you kite them around.

Interesting I have not tried Flame Arrows since the nerf to them.  I've been using tamed tigers set to aggressive.  You can't be mounted the whole time but I find if I dismount and kill some first I still get exp when I kill the last few mounted and while the tiger is freely killing them dismounted.

Treasure maps are the real grinding ticket, we do them in a group as you get better rewards the more you bring.  Normally the journeymen maps give a lvl up and we are all 54-60

1 hour ago, Hpnotiq said:

Interesting I have not tried Flame Arrows since the nerf to them.  I've been using tamed tigers set to aggressive.  You can't be mounted the whole time but I find if I dismount and kill some first I still get exp when I kill the last few mounted and while the tiger is freely killing them dismounted.

The nerf only affected the direct damage.  If you shoot at their feet the damage from being lit on fire from the ground is still OP to the point where 2 arrows takes down most alphas.