Sign in to follow this  
Bee

Is it just me or do you prefer suicide over replenishing vitamins?

At first (first 10 days) this was my best option.

• Now I found mint (tons) for Vit A (check)
  • Meat is all over the place.  Vit B (check)
  • Vit C (those red berries all over) (check)
  • And now a tamed cow 30 milk instantly Vit D (check)
  • Pervserving Bag with Perserving Salt and stuff lasts days in there.
  • I love the Fort +30 buff and xp buff and and and and etc from being balanced so I have not died to vit issues for a week and dont plan to.

It was not easy getting to that point but now I get it. Also the first week plus, fish did not spawn...so we ALL died.

Also get the +30% vit loss benefit skill thing (worth it for QoL).

Right now what kills me are ghost ships, and crazy 400 tornado storms and instantly spawning alpha wolves that one shot me from 20 feet away.

So no for me the vit system is now fine. For others with no access to A and C...yikes.

Edited by Atlantian

6 hours ago, jabnlab said:

Unless im on a long voyage I have no problems keeping vitamins up and the eq buff. Its those long voyages that get me, mostly because im not paying attention to my food. We have a training dummy on board to burn off food but its hard to look out for demon ships and beat on the dummy. I guess i need to start letting my 1st mate take the helm while I burn off some calories.

I've wondered what the training dummy was for. Does it do anything else beside make you hungry?

1 minute ago, wildbill said:

I've wondered what the training dummy was for. Does it do anything else beside make you hungry?

DPS check tames and pure breds

The more I think about it.. The more I realize how the vitamin, food, water element of the game just gets in the way of the part people actually enjoy. It is just an annoyance, a detractor from the experience. 

You could take the whole food/water/vitamin part out of the game, and you'd probably have a better product overall. 

HOWEVER

I think the real problem is obvious : you have to manage this stuff far too regularly. If I eat 28 potatoes, my hunger gauge should be full. But it isn't. it has just barely moved infact. This isn't fun. This isn't immersive. This is just an unfun unending obstacle.

Make food less common, and make it fill you more; and most importantly, actually have it behave more realistically. If I have to eat 28 potatoes every 5 mins, you're seriously ruining the game for people who just want to get on to the good part. You could probably live on four potatoes a day. So why do you have us eating 28 every 2 mins? Who balanced this trash? Wake up stupid!

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adfax said:

The more I think about it.. The more I realize how the vitamin, food, water element of the game just gets in the way of the part people actually enjoy. It is just an annoyance, a detractor from the experience. 

You could take the whole food/water/vitamin part out of the game, and you'd probably have a better product overall. 

HOWEVER

I think the real problem is obvious : you have to manage this stuff far too regularly. If I eat 28 potatoes, my hunger gauge should be full. But it isn't. it has just barely moved infact. This isn't fun. This isn't immersive. This is just an unfun unending obstacle.

Make food less common, and make it fill you more; and most importantly, actually have it behave more realistically. If I have to eat 28 potatoes every 5 mins, you're seriously ruining the game for people who just want to get on to the good part. You could probably live on four potatoes a day. So why do you have us eating 28 every 2 mins? Who balanced this trash? Wake up stupid!

I actually enjoy the vit/food/water part, including getting vitamins in equilibrium. I live on the Tundra, so monitoring my food is part what you need to live for the buff. I really enjoy hunting underwater with the bow, and vit/food etc. gives you a reason to do it.

I find it more enjoyable than building bases for example. Though I like building infrastructure like ladders and stairs to inaccessible places.

I also find it gives you one more thing to plan for too when going on long voyages, and adds some realism, as scurvy etc. were real plagues.

Amazon is nerfing food in New World, so let's have at least one Survival MMO that keeps it as a necessity.

I just kill myself as it's annoying. Unless you waste points to spec for it I've yet to manage to keep all the vita bars even. It's a waste of time and it's made worse that most the time you can do nothing about it as you can kill yourself by over eating. Even having one of each and going through them one at a time you will get full before you manage to center out the bars. 

I mean frig, I'm lactose intolerant, AND allergic to seafood in real life. I don't have to eat it to manage my D vitas.