CruelShoe

Resources not harvestable on every island OTHER than Freeport?

I'm running a 1x1 dedicated unofficial server with a custom map. The cell has one Freeport, one very large island, 4 medium islands, and like 6 small islands. Everything was running perfectly when my company of 3 started playing, smooth frames, 0 lag, etc. We spent about 4 hours on Freeport and then ventured out to another island. We landed on the first island only to discover NONE of the resources are harvestable. 

I can hit trees and rocks, it registers hit markers and damage textures, but no resources are actually collected. I travel to all the other islands on the map, and it's the same story, I can't harvest resources on any of them. 

There is 1 TINY islet very close to Freeport I placed that does have harvestable resources, but none of the other further away islands resources are harvestable. 

This appears to be a common problem with custom maps, is there any known solution yet?

Edited by CruelShoe

This sometimes happen when the world is not correctly setup. What people found working was deleting islands and saved data and remake the world

How would it not be setup correctly though? What exactily would be wrong with it? 

The entire map is exported as raw text, what lines affect the ability to harvest resources?

I've found this is often an 'ID': XX issue. If you have a missmatch of id's, or using id's outside range expected, the database doesn't work properly.

If you want to give me you servergrid json, i can look at it and point out the problems. But as a first step, i'd recommend manually going through the json and making sure that all references to an islandinstance and sublevels is the same id for same island. And that nothing else (other than ship path ids) use the same ID.

I've encountered this issue before and fixed it both times.

• Like 1

i have no matching ID's that should be matching, the corresponding islands ID's match their sublevels. 

The only thing i found strange, was that i had missing ID's following numerical order. My island instances started at ID 1192, then the next island started at 1195..... weird i thought, All ID's followed numerical order throughout the rest of the islandinstances, sublevels, and discozones. all together, i have over 10 missing ID's throughout the file that SHOULD exist if the island ID's followed Numerical order, same with sublevels and discozones. is this an issue? my guess is that these missing ID's belonged to islands i had added to the grid, and then later deleted.

is this what you're referring to with "ID issues"?

I had the same issue, I had moved and rotated a few islands which desynced resource nodes. I had to delete islands except for the port. sail the map without islands and doing a destroy wild dinos. re added islands to map and they started working.

10 hours ago, CruelShoe said:

Thank you so much, Servergrid.JSON Attached below:

ServerGrid.json

I didn't see any problems with the servergrid.json file. So I loaded up for config on a test server, deleted wild dinos, and logged in. seems to be working fine for me. This is while keeping my existing saves and DB from previous map testing. So I'd just try restarting the server, performing a wild dino wipe, and then trying to use the map

I did notice some random commas you have around the place, but doesn't seem to stop server working lol

Edited by NZScruffy

I'm having this issue. Deleted the islands that I couldn't harvest on because I thought they were just bad islands.. now added new ones some work some don't and some that previously worked now don't 😂 how do I fix this? On Xbox custom made map