MegabitTV_WrecknBall

NA PVE N10 "Ghost Ghost ???" griefing almost a week now and Devs are doing nothing about it.

more of their work from last night, finished off the rest of our ships in the harbor that they didnt get a few nigghts ago

sunk.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't really think it's fair to punish the Chinese for exploiting available mechanics in an early access game. It's totally ruined the game for me, and I quit playing until they get it figured out; but it's pretty immature to get salty about a competitor taking advantage of what's available.

The fact is the mechanic should not be available on a PvE server, and blaming people from a different part of the world is racist, it's the devs fault; and we can only appreciate that the devs will fix their error, and be hopeful that they fix it soon.

1 minute ago, Queequeg said:

I don't really think it's fair to punish the Chinese for exploiting available mechanics in an early access game. It's totally ruined the game for me, and I quit playing until they get it figured out; but it's pretty immature to get salty about a competitor taking advantage of what's available.

The fact is the mechanic should not be available on a PvE server, and blaming people from a different part of the world is racist, it's the devs fault; and we can only appreciate that the devs will fix their error, and be hopeful that they fix it soon.

Yeah no, it's not racist for being upset a specific company for being shitty players and using an exploit to needlessly ruin the game for others. I do appreciate the devs trying to find a fix, but I absolutely won't accept them not punishing people for their actions

3 minutes ago, MegabitTV_WrecknBall said:

Yeah no, it's not racist for being upset a specific company for being shitty players and using an exploit to needlessly ruin the game for others. I do appreciate the devs trying to find a fix, but I absolutely won't accept them not punishing people for their actions

My understanding is that it's not just the Chinese that are doing it, but plenty of non-Chinese companies too. My opinion is that all of the established players are of the position that, "if other people are going to do it I might as well do it too, plus it gets me resources," so it's a mechanical issue, not a player issue. Don't hate the player, hate the game. And if you're going to hate the player, hate all players, don't discriminate.

1 minute ago, Queequeg said:

My understanding is that it's not just the Chinese that are doing it, but plenty of non-Chinese companies too. My opinion is that all of the established players are of the position that, "if other people are going to do it I might as well do it too, plus it gets me resources," so it's a mechanical issue, not a player issue. Don't hate the player, hate the game. And if you're going to hate the player, hate all players, don't discriminate.

yeah, that's fine, in PVP, using an EXPLOIT in PVE to destroy and take things from other players isn't a mechanical issue, it's a shitty individual issue

This is not really up for debate, at least not here.  The purpose of this thread is to bring to light the issue at hand in our grid, and try to show the dev's what's going on and hope they're willing to step in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Queequeg said:

1 hour ago, MegabitTV_WrecknBall said:

yeah, that's fine, in PVP, using an EXPLOIT in PVE to destroy and take things from other players isn't a mechanical issue, it's a shitty individual issue

The problem is a large chunk of the player population has used this exploit... If they ban all of them it would look REALLY bad on the books from the business perspective.

It could realistically be half the active players.  Yeah, the rest of us would get land finally but it could also kill the game.

Just now, MindOfMadness said:

The problem is a large chunk of the player population has used this exploit... If they ban all of them it would look REALLY bad on the books from the business perspective.

It could realistically be half the active players.  Yeah, the rest of us would get land finally but it could also kill the game.

Yes, but is that large population of the players base consistently using it day after day targeting a specific island and all the companies on it daily and flaunting it in the chat? Wouldn't most of the player base leaving due to these people look just as bad on the books business wise? It's already killing the game. Punish people, let it be known you punished them so that people come back to the game and revive it

3 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

But again, like Cybernut said, this isn't where that discussion needs to take place. This post is about calling an issue with a specific company griefing multiple other companies on a daily basis to the attention of the devs

We will gladly take your opinion, and ignore it. This isn't a mechanic. These are self-entitled people who think because they "can" do something, they should. 

Again, this isn't up for a debate. If you'd like to do that, head to Discord. We're upset with one particular company, and it's an entire server, not just a few people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MegabitTV_WrecknBall said:

Yes, but is that large population of the players base consistently using it day after day targeting a specific island and all the companies on it daily and flaunting it in the chat? Wouldn't most of the player base leaving due to these people look just as bad on the books business wise? It's already killing the game. Punish people, let it be known you punished them so that people come back to the game and revive it

If they would just fix the exploit they could maintain the population and get some people to come back.  Banning all the people that have done it will probably bring back the same players that would come back if they just fix the issue but they would lose way more from the bans... 

2 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

If they would just fix the exploit they could maintain the population and get some people to come back.  Banning all the people that have done it will probably bring back the same players that would come back if they just fix the issue but they would lose way more from the bans... 

1. Again, this isn't calling for them to ban everyone that's doing it, this is calling for them to ban a specific company of continuous griefers. 2. Fuck that, ban all of them, if you're exploiting then your a piece of shit and deserve it

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MegabitTV_WrecknBall said:

1. Again, this isn't calling for them to ban everyone that's doing it, this is calling for them to ban a specific company of continuous griefers. 2. Fuck that, ban all of them, if you're exploiting then your a piece of shit and deserve it

I don't see any issues banning the serial griefers... but what about those that did it to a boat abandon in front of their house for two weeks?  They used an exploit.

People that griefers blocked their boats in with rafts so they sank the rafts, do we ban them too?

There are a great deal of issues with banning everyone that has used the exploit to sink a ship and it would not be good for the popularity of the game long term.

I have been the victim of this but have never done it to anyone's boat not even the raft that's been next to my shipyard for almost 2 weeks now.

Edited by MindOfMadness

12 minutes ago, MegabitTV_WrecknBall said:

Then that would all come down to those individuals making a report and reporting the issue to the devs or at least having screenshots to justify/prove why they did what they did

I had screen shots of a company doing it to me but Atlas karma got them shortly after so in the end they still got what was coming to them..

the only people I saw doing this on official PVE EURO were germans  # PErfect BY nature #

nice people

u ll find griefers verywhere soon in this game if they dont fix that

some just create an account to do this since its the funniest part of the game

sink in 5 min something made by hours of farming

since u have more ships to sink as lands to claim

start by sink ships like this

people leave the game

claim the land

veryhting is fine mechanic working well nothing to fix

just do a skill line griefing like explosive sheeps on anchored ship 

let chicken tamed wear 1K metal to compete with elephants

put some elephants in artic

put a skill circus since the hardcore part of game is exploits and bugs

Edited by Aztro

There is a general font you can install that will allow you to see the chinese names. it makes the font for everything a bit big but it helps in reporting people. 

https://the.biggest.cat/index.php/2017/07/25/install-ark-font/

its for ark but it also works for atlas.

Using it to report one of the two big companies in the lawless zone we are on that has been sinking ships to try and force players off so they can claim the whole island with foundation spam. 

Edited by Baelithan

14 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

How do you report "[] [] []  [] []" ?

Get the global font mod from. Steam u will see their names then 

Great shot at this fix, actually really impressed however you can still overweight and sink a ship if you hold on to the ladder and don't actually climb onto the ship. I'd bet that you can also overweight a sleeping person and drag that person to the ship you're trying to sink. I'd also bet that you can overweight the deck by dropping loot boxes weighing enough to redline the ship and sink it before the timer on the loot boxes. I've tested one of these so far with a yes, we dropped one of our sloops with the ladder version. Please test all aspects of weighting. Again, VERY much appreciate the quick response, just need to dial it in.

Thank you !

:skull: CURRENT V11.4 :skull:

- Fixed multiple exploits which allowed movement of excessively encumbered players through various gameplay mechanics
- Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship
- Disabled feats when encumbered
- Melee auto target should no longer pick ally targets in any mode, or player/tame targets in pve
- Disallowed freeport npc crew recruiting if 20 or more level 1 npc crew's for that company on the server

Anyone able to test with a friendly neighbor? 

1 hour ago, laurentaylor64@gmail.com said:

Great shot at this fix, actually really impressed however you can still overweight and sink a ship if you hold on to the ladder and don't actually climb onto the ship. I'd bet that you can also overweight a sleeping person and drag that person to the ship you're trying to sink. I'd also bet that you can overweight the deck by dropping loot boxes weighing enough to redline the ship and sink it before the timer on the loot boxes. I've tested one of these so far with a yes, we dropped one of our sloops with the ladder version. Please test all aspects of weighting. Again, VERY much appreciate the quick response, just need to dial it in.

Thank you !

Is that yourself on your own ship or you tested that with a neighbors?

3 hours ago, Herasea said:

:skull: CURRENT V11.4 :skull:

- Fixed multiple exploits which allowed movement of excessively encumbered players through various gameplay mechanics
- Disabled non allied players and creatures basing on anchored or docked ships which can be toggled with a server-setting on PVE servers with the in Game.ini - set bPvEAllowNonAlignedShipBasing=true If you want to allow non allies to be able to be on your ship
- Disabled feats when encumbered
- Melee auto target should no longer pick ally targets in any mode, or player/tame targets in pve
- Disallowed freeport npc crew recruiting if 20 or more level 1 npc crew's for that company on the server

Anyone able to test with a friendly neighbor? 

Is that yourself on your own ship or you tested that with a neighbors?

EEEEEEEK!

Is it true?!

And you get stuck 

I went to check out my neighbors brigantine build, as I'm planning one myself, and I had to punch-suicide to get off the deck.

3 hours ago, Razorwire said:

And you get stuck 

I went to check out my neighbors brigantine build, as I'm planning one myself, and I had to punch-suicide to get off the deck.

Shhhhhhhh!

Let the griefers figure that out themselves.

• Haha 1

I'm glad they are working on fixes, hoping those get tuned. This post is specifically to bring to light the actions of this specific Company and their continued agression. There are still loopholes for pve boat sinking and once those are fixed I'm sincerely hoping that the actions of those who have griefed so religiously will not go unpunished. Please look at these screen shots and respond to the many tickets regarding Ghost Ghost ??? That I know have been sent in. We're hoping that griefing and attempting to control other players gaming experience with overt threats of griefing will not simply be ignored =\

Edited by laurentaylor64@gmail.com