Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

Cyclone fixes needed......

So i appreciate the cyclone mechanic in whole, but its implementation needs some love

• They should not spawn EVERY TIME it rains when at sea.  Let it just rain sometime.  Not every rain is a hurricane.
  • They should not spawn so close together, one would definitely disrupt the other.

A better solution would be if they were a roving weather system that moved across the grid which you could see from a distance and choose to sail through or avoid.  Let them even do more damage in that case if you choose to risk it, but they right now they are more of a nuisance than a thrilling game mechanic.

• Like 1

Personally I thought the relevant suggestion offered by DragonChampion in this thread was excellent:

I also agree that cyclones need some tweaking. Further good news is apparently Jat read the post, according to a poster in the thread.

Edited by boomervoncannon

And cyclones / hurricanes don’t happen in the artic...remove this please!!!  It rains an average of 2x per day/night cycle...it’s -18...we have a lot of SoTD and evil whales  this all together makes sailing a real gamble of doom!  Luckily I’ve not lost a ship but it’s still a little wrong.  

Rain in -18...Nope.  Snowstorm in -18...yup! 

Edited by Malagos

5 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

They need to optimize the particle graphics. It's pretty bad.

Given the timeframe for similar things to happen in Ark, I expect to vote in another presidential election before that gets addressed.

• Haha 1