Sign in to follow this  
bluelance

AI Crew Capabilities

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew how tbe AI crew steer a ship?? I know you can make them steer but how do they know where to go etc!

1 minute ago, archaegeo said:

look at a mast and hit COMMA (,)

They will man that mast

he said steer the ship not man the mast. you can actually have them on the wheel of the ship. 

2 minutes ago, bluelance said:

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew how tbe AI crew steer a ship?? I know you can make them steer but how do they know where to go etc!

as for how you do this I believe when they are on the wheel you set their behavior and you can have them steer in the direction you are looking.  

1 minute ago, snoogibear said:

he said steer the ship not man the mast. you can actually have them on the wheel of the ship. 

as for how you do this I believe when they are on the wheel you set their behavior and you can have them steer in the direction you are looking.  

You can also use the Lt Podium i believe to direct them, but havent tested yet.

I always wondered to  -   I did manage to get AI to man the three masts on my Brig  🙂   Not put one in charge of the wheel though... Wont do that, be like giving the Mrs keys to my car...

I guess though that crew will auto repair hull when anchored?   Do they do that automatically?  Or is it something you need to assign?   Still new at this side of things 🙂

@Vorxius The crew will auto repair when anchored if you unseat them from their sail duties, and you have the required repair mats in the resource locker... the animation will be the crew sweeping the deck

Edited by Telly