Sign in to follow this  
N3wIC3

How many discovery points for extra level

Maybe it does for a few levels and caps out?

Someone make a new character and start hoping around beds so we can see exactly where someone gains +1 max levels.  🙂

I can confirm the following as of 5-16-19

158 DP = Level 55
200 or 202 DP = Level 56.   I'm not sure which it is because I forgot to look when I hit 200, but was for sure changed at 202.

LMAO, were to begin in all this confusion!   I can tell you it WAS 23.5(round up gives you 24-23) per level.  It changed when they added all the islands. Think it went up to 33.5or 34.5 can't remember. Now with the addition of the equatorial islands and the few in the polar regions.   It has changed again!  To get this correct keep track from level to level.   All this guessing and assuming makes me dizzy!    Whales do indeed give you discovery points.  It used to be 50! now it seems a bit less. Powerstones also give you almost 2 levels worth of discovery points.  I believe each powerstone also gives 50 points making it still greater than 25/level. 

Here's the kicker.  A lot of peoples points could be skewed because of a 1 time doubling of DP(without having to do anything).   Anyone that has not started fresh since the one time doubling of discovery points they did shortly after april(March) mega update it will be hard to tell until the addition of more discovery points (islands) stop.

Also when the Mega May patch went live.  Everyone that had lots of DP already gained a 2-3 more levels again!  Which makes me think they reduced it back to a certain number.

I will post the exact number when I get discovering islands again.  Unfortunately this may take awhile.  I will have to get enough for exactly 2 more levels incase it is a .5 integer again.  I have just finally finished my last powerstone last night and have all the whales.   It's land discoveries from here on out for me 😞

GL pathfinders!

Edited by Helen "Red Locks" Perrow

22 hours ago, Helen "Red Locks" Perrow said:

LMAO, were to begin in all this confusion!   I can tell you it WAS 23.5(round up gives you 24-23) per level.  It changed when they added all the islands. Think it went up to 33.5or 34.5 can't remember. Now with the addition of the equatorial islands and the few in the polar regions.   It has changed again!  To get this correct keep track from level to level.   All this guessing and assuming makes me dizzy!    Whales do indeed give you discovery points.  It used to be 50! now it seems a bit less. Powerstones also give you almost 2 levels worth of discovery points.  I believe each powerstone also gives 50 points making it still greater than 25/level. 

Here's the kicker.  A lot of peoples points could be skewed because of a 1 time doubling of DP(without having to do anything).   Anyone that has not started fresh since the one time doubling of discovery points they did shortly after april(March) mega update it will be hard to tell until the addition of more discovery points (islands) stop.

Also when the Mega May patch went live.  Everyone that had lots of DP already gained a 2-3 more levels again!  Which makes me think they reduced it back to a certain number.

I will post the exact number when I get discovering islands again.  Unfortunately this may take awhile.  I will have to get enough for exactly 2 more levels incase it is a .5 integer again.  I have just finally finished my last powerstone last night and have all the whales.   It's land discoveries from here on out for me 😞

GL pathfinders!

Essences give 60 each if u havent done them, kraken v1 will now gives u 250 (all 9 stones), so still some max level to gain the easy way.
DP/level got down to ~34 again from ~39,4.

I'm averaging 35.25 bp to earn another max level at level 69.  Give or Take.