Sign in to follow this  
N3wIC3

How many discovery points for extra level

Hey,

does someone know how many discovery points you need for extra level.
I have 38 discovery points and have a max lvl from 52.
How many do i need for lvl 53.

• Like 1

Before the level increase patch which caused a lot of people to lose levels, I had 71 points and still only had Lvl 52 unlocked.  After the patch I had lvl 53 unlocked.  We went whaling and I gained 100 pts bringing me to a max of lvl 58 with 173 points.  This isn't an exact answer but based on that it seems about 24-25 points per level.  Which isn't too terrible.

Ok i have tested it.
With 47 discovery points i get an extra lvl.
47 discovery points = Max lvl: 53

As others said. I got a level at 47, and another at 71. Seems like you need 24 points a level. 

I do not know how it works, but the system is unbalanced as of now.    In my group I was second in Levels at 41.  The update hit i received one free level with 52 discovery points.  I have not leveled up since.  I am the one building the base and farming 60% of the materials for everything and i dont ever see a level up.  Now I am the lowest man in my group in regards to level.  You should only gain XP from discovery and not be capping levels based on it.  As it stand I could be doing all the work and farming everything and building as much as possible but get held back do to not sailing all over the place when a core feature of the game is base/ship building.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Karnage said:

I do not know how it works, but the system is unbalanced as of now.    In my group I was second in Levels at 41.  The update hit i received one free level with 52 discovery points.  I have not leveled up since.  I am the one building the base and farming 60% of the materials for everything and i dont ever see a level up.  Now I am the lowest man in my group in regards to level.  You should only gain XP from discovery and not be capping levels based on it.  As it stand I could be doing all the work and farming everything and building as much as possible but get held back do to not sailing all over the place when a core feature of the game is base/ship building.

This is a failure of your group, not of the game.  Just because you are doing building/farming does not mean you should not be sailing around to explore as well.  You can easily stock some basic gear on most boats and just fast travel back to handle any building/crafting needs.  If you are being held back at base by your group to build, you should probably find a new group to work with as that's not a worthwhile endeavor for most players.

• Thanks 1

71 DP, Max Level 54

118 DP, Max Level 56

141 DP, Max Level 57

164 DP, Max Level 58

188 DP , Max level 59

211 DP, Max Level 60

308 DP, Max Level 64

328 DP, Max Level 65

352 DP, Max Level 66

375 DP, Max Level 67

Edited by Pakman

So basicly it's +1 level every 23,5 Discoverypoints. Powerstones give discoverypoits as well, not just +levelcap. Killing a type of whale for the first time gives you ~30-40 discoverypoints.

It's actually +23 then +24. Then again +23 then +24 and it goes this like all way up.

(first thing to do, if you wanna raise your mas lvl is to hunt a whales +50 disc points for 1st kill of every 3 types of whale).

Edited by George Catcher

Hallo!

What does it look like after the Mega Update?

I have 106 Discovery points and am stuck at level 53. How many Discovery Points do I get at level 54?

Thank you and many greetings.

I have over 150 DP and my max level is 55 so something is wrong here.

On 5/14/2019 at 2:41 AM, JC67 said:

I have over 150 DP and my max level is 55 so something is wrong here.

My level cap raised to 56 on 171 points confirmed by another member of our company as well. This was when discoveries were worth 1 dp.

• Thanks 1

After the wipe, discovery points per level cap were raised to 34-35 point per new level cap.

But with the new doubling of points and 2 points per discovery, it's actualy faster now as it's only 17-18 discoveries per new level cap.

5 minutes ago, Caveat said:

It's 23.5 DP's per level.  It has not changed.

I can confirm it has changed. Its not 23.5 Discovery Points per level.

15 minutes ago, Vegetto said:

I can confirm it has changed. Its not 23.5 Discovery Points per level.

Aw hell, you're right.  I thought I had checked it after the update, but that must have been before.  It is not 23.5 anymore.  The 34-35 does not appear correct either.  It looks like it's something closer to 40.

6 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

Was 34-35 before recent patch. Has now changed to nearly 40.

It might be that you need more dp per level as your max level gets increased.

My max level increased by 2(4 for 2 PS) when I got my first 2 powerstones but when I got 3rd one max level only increased by 1.

I've 644 points and my max level is 67.

It doesn't go up with level as far as I know, 2180 is 104 for me(still roughly 39 per level above 51)