Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Don't believe the negativity

I have seen a few posts with some people crying about not understanding how claims work and talking about how their small company can't play the game on official servers.... this will be a more lengthy thread than I usually post.

First Claims are broke but not in a way that they are useless.... actually claims are super broken in the fact that its harder than crap to steal claims.  1 Sleeper contests an enemy from stealing your land.... So commonsense would tell you... build you a safe retarded honeycombed cube structure and it would take lots and lots of time and resources for someone to steal your claim... Added to this... the flags are broke in the fact that if your claims overlap... you contest all touching claims... so one sleeper in a decently built structure can perma contest all/most claims.... 

Second being solo or a small company you need to realize that a large island... is going to be awful for you to try and defend... you need to own what you can manage.... 2-3 guys... you don't need much land... you need to merge and if you don't wanna merge find an island live under someones taxes and form an alliance with them... fight and be marry. 

Claims need a lot of work... but even a good solo player can dig himself in real good and not get kicked out by a mega zerg.... I don't think anyone relizes there are no good SIEGE weapons right now...  don't build on the coast and don't build wood.... Stone strcuture with tons of walls honeycombed would take hours and hours and hours and mats for even a mega zerg to remove you.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I have seen a few posts with some people crying about not understanding how claims work and talking about how their small company can't play the game on official servers.... this will be a more lengthy thread than I usually post.

First Claims are broke but not in a way that they are useless.... actually claims are super broken in the fact that its harder than crap to steal claims.  1 Sleeper contests an enemy from stealing your land.... So commonsense would tell you... build you a safe retarded honeycombed cube structure and it would take lots and lots of time and resources for someone to steal your claim... Added to this... the flags are broke in the fact that if your claims overlap... you contest all touching claims... so one sleeper in a decently built structure can perma contest all/most claims.... 

Second being solo or a small company you need to realize that a large island... is going to be awful for you to try and defend... you need to own what you can manage.... 2-3 guys... you don't need much land... you need to merge and if you don't wanna merge find an island live under someones taxes and form an alliance with them... fight and be marry. 

Claims need a lot of work... but even a good solo player can dig himself in real good and not get kicked out by a mega zerg.... I don't think anyone relizes there are no good SIEGE weapons right now...  don't build on the coast and don't build wood.... Stone strcuture with tons of walls honeycombed would take hours and hours and hours and mats for even a mega zerg to remove you.

so just ignore the biggest issuse with pve? thats a great way to drive players away fast. 10/10

• Like 1

Just now, Sketch said:

so just ignore the biggest issuse with pve? thats a great way to drive players away fast. 10/10

what?

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

what?

This game have pve servers too... And nearly nothing you wrote apply to issues in pve. 

Just now, Elrood said:

This game have pve servers too... And nearly nothing you wrote apply to issues in pve. 

So why are you commenting on my thread? Move along no one cares about your RP server.

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

So why are you commenting on my thread? Move along no one cares about your RP server.

And we don't care about a bunch of offliners murdering eachother when asleep.

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

This is general forum category - and I disagree with you on general state of the game and claim system. Don't care about PvE? Well, there is PvP category on this forum and I won't care about what you post there 🙂 

If playing PvE, any player should be able to give the game a fair crack of the whip.  As a two-man corp, it's impossible to survive on an official server, too much cheesing mechanics to inflict loss of boats on fellow players is a crippler.   On a private server, however, with custom (realistic /  sensible) server rules the game is turning out to be extremely fun.  We have a boat as a home, we're nomads, sailing from island to island, collecting resources, trading with other players...   the game is VERY civilised.  It's my dream that official PvE servers could be like that.. but alas the players are the life and Achilles heel.  Some players are fabulous company and make the game worth every penny, and other players are just trolls and abusers of game mechanics.  Whilst Wildshot have no control of the nature of the players, they MUST iron out the primary crinkles.  That is where most of the venomous and toxic posting is directed at.  The game is great, and I agree the hate is sad, but, the hate is actually a testament to the gaping functional holes and mechanic flaws that ruin the fun for anyone not blessed with a sensible admin on private servers.

The solution resides with Dev.  Players have spoken, and... feel ignored.  So feedback is as is.

8 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

If playing PvE, any player should be able to give the game a fair crack of the whip.  As a two-man corp, it's impossible to survive on an official server, too much cheesing mechanics to inflict loss of boats on fellow players is a crippler.   On a private server, however, with custom (realistic /  sensible) server rules the game is turning out to be extremely fun.  We have a boat as a home, we're nomads, sailing from island to island, collecting resources, trading with other players...   the game is VERY civilised.  It's my dream that official PvE servers could be like that.. but alas the players are the life and Achilles heel.  Some players are fabulous company and make the game worth every penny, and other players are just trolls and abusers of game mechanics.  Whilst Wildshot have no control of the nature of the players, they MUST iron out the primary crinkles.  That is where most of the venomous and toxic posting is directed at.  The game is great, and I agree the hate is sad, but, the hate is actually a testament to the gaping functional holes and mechanic flaws that ruin the fun for anyone not blessed with a sensible admin on private servers.

The solution resides with Dev.  Players have spoken, and... feel ignored.  So feedback is as is.

Our boats are safe on official... we built a large garage.... it sounds like PVE players are just lazy.

Our boats are safe on official... we built a large garage.... it sounds like PVE players are just lazy.

Not really, we shouldn't have to contemplate a 'lazy' mindset on PvE.  Players should not be an issue, but because of game flaws and gaping bugs / mechanic oversights, players can sink other player boats by cheesing them.

Nomads also cannot build large garages...  nowhere is home, which should be possible on a PvE server.  PvP and PvE are two very different games, with two very different mind sets.  People have to distinguish the two.

On a PvP server, someone trolling can be shot, but on PvE, you have to watch, idly as someone moves like an unstoppable slug towards your ship... knowing that it WILL be destroyed and short of running for it and sailing off there's nout can be done.  That's moronic design / a bug that needs to be fixed (but just one example).

I'm not here to rant at the flaws of the game though, I'm here to say I agree that the game is treasure / a gem, once you get past the nonsense stopping many from enjoying it.

5 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Not really, we shouldn't have to contemplate a 'lazy' mindset on PvE.  Players should not be an issue, but because of game flaws and gaping bugs / mechanic oversights, players can sink other player boats by cheesing them.

Nomads also cannot build large garages...  nowhere is home, which should be possible on a PvE server.  PvP and PvE are two very different games, with two very different mind sets.  People have to distinguish the two.

On a PvP server, someone trolling can be shot, but on PvE, you have to watch, idly as someone moves like an unstoppable slug towards your ship... knowing that it WILL be destroyed and short of running for it and sailing off there's nout can be done.  That's moronic design / a bug that needs to be fixed (but just one example).

I'm not here to rant at the flaws of the game though, I'm here to say I agree that the game is treasure / a gem, once you get past the nonsense stopping many from enjoying it.

Well I hate to break it to you, but the game is super early access....

Also the game idea is PVP not PVE... you should be thankful you even have an option. 

Most of the complaints I see from you types are not gamebreaking.... literally cluttering the forums from actual issues.  Please find a Private server and wait for mod pack....

Thanks signed the rest of the community.

Also the game idea is PVP not PVE... you should be thankful you even have an option. 

Most of the complaints I see from you types are not gamebreaking.... literally cluttering the forums from actual issues.  Please find a Private server and wait for mod pack....

Of it's EA.  No one is blind to that.  I'd never go out on a limb and say that Atlas is PvP exclusively.  The end game will suit both PvE and PvP.  The only difference is that in PvP, other players get in your way...  but anyway as I said in my earlier post:   On a private server, however, with custom (realistic /  sensible) server rules the game is turning out to be extremely fun.  We have a boat as a home, we're nomads, sailing from island to island, collecting resources, trading with other players...   the game is VERY civilised.  It's my dream that official PvE servers could be like that.

So i'm not going to deny that private servers are a boon to things right now.  Private servers blew a new lease of life to the game for us.  It was difficult to find a distinction between PvE and PvP servers, players being quite abrasive on either.

PvE official servers *should* be a place to relax and have fun.. but, it's not quite there yet.

26 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Given that there are clearly marked pvp and pve forum sections, complaining that pve players shouldn't clutter general with their concerns is uncalled for. They paid for the game the same as you, and if you want to discuss pvp centric concerns, there is a forum area for that. Pvpers don't own general discussion and have no greater claim to it than pve'ers and the forums own design bears this out.  Please go to a forum section specifically for your preference if you don't like looking at pve posts/threads/comments.

Having said that, when someone is posting what are clearly pvp concerns, I also don't think it's necessary for anyone to come in and intrusively question why the post or thread doesn't address pve topics. Not every thread or post needs to address everything, so let's all try to be courteous and extend to others the same treatment we'd want given to us.

Edited by boomervoncannon