Sign in to follow this  
MaverickG

Spawning in houses

Woke up in my little hovel and found I was surrounded by 3 wolves.  Rude awakening!  When will spawns be fixed to not work in a building with floors, walls, ceilings and roofs?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MaverickG said:

Woke up in my little hovel and found I was surrounded by 3 wolves.  Rude awakening!  When will spawns be fixed to not work in a building with floors, walls, ceilings and roofs?

Today had 2 or 3 horses inside, most of the itme those are horses... but once woke up dead bcs a wolf spawned inside our smithy next to the bed.

same here. one wolve was inside my house stuck between a smithy and storage. happend this morning for the first time

Someone suggested a while back to try a hanging cliff side 'home'.  Must admit since then we have been off the spawn points 😄

• Like 1

Yeah that seemed to happen to me the other day cause I logged out in house and hours later logged in to find "You were killed by rattlesnake"...  😛 Just lucky I always try to empty most of my inventory Into boxes before I log out..  🙂

I'm not sure if non lawless are affected by this, but I've not experienced this issue.  Although I did log on yesterday to a cow in the outer walls of the base. 

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

Someone suggested a while back to try a hanging cliff side 'home'.  Must admit since then we have been off the spawn points 😄

Cliff platforms ftw! We use these also.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaverickG said:

Hopefully, this is a bug that'll get fixed at some point in the future as opposed to one of a myriad of questionable design decisions made by the developers. 

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Cliff platforms ftw! We use these also.

Btw, is that possible to make a stable or something above ground like on those platforms or by making supports and placing a room 1-2 lvls above ground? or will those animals just glitch thro the ground an die from fall dmg/wolves? Just was thinking about having a crow and a horse/wolf but those things keep spawning inside our house almost every day and that's just a matter of time when another wolf happen to greet us in a door way (sleeping on a ship since the day that died froma  wolf inside our smithy).

5 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Btw, is that possible to make a stable or something above ground like on those platforms or by making supports and placing a room 1-2 lvls above ground? or will those animals just glitch thro the ground an die from fall dmg/wolves? Just was thinking about having a crow and a horse/wolf but those things keep spawning inside our house almost every day and that's just a matter of time when another wolf happen to greet us in a door way (sleeping on a ship since the day that died froma  wolf inside our smithy).

You can make the stable above ground but there is no guarantee the animals won't fall through(they shouldn't).  We've built on hilly terrain using stacking foundations and have found or hens or sheep in the foundation numerous times.  It doesn't help that even if the spawning of wild animals was solved we still have the problem of the AoD spawning wherever the hell they feel like when someone runs by with a treasure map in their hotbar.

1 minute ago, Vaenix said:

You can make the stable above ground but there is no guarantee the animals won't fall through(they shouldn't).  We've built on hilly terrain using stacking foundations and have found or hens or sheep in the foundation numerous times.  It doesn't help that even if the spawning of wild animals was solved we still have the problem of the AoD spawning wherever the hell they feel like when someone runs by with a treasure map in their hotbar.

We see, what about making a double floor, like put celing on second floor and then another celing on third floor? Btw, asking bcs once went sleep at second floor and somehow glitched down inside the floor tile... uner the bed... and had to demolish the tile and the bed to get out.

6 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

We see, what about making a double floor, like put celing on second floor and then another celing on third floor? Btw, asking bcs once went sleep at second floor and somehow glitched down inside the floor tile... uner the bed... and had to demolish the tile and the bed to get out.

Yeah we've had that problem too, we used a multi tier base where there are probably around 30 rooms so I am on the ground floor with several people above me.  They've woken up asleep in my foundation after for whatever reason falling through the floor into my foundation. My understanding is that  it is something to do with the hibernation system used to optimize the performance of the server in areas that are not actively loaded by players, this is due to the "predictive" method they have like with Ark, the area is not rendered and thus in hibernation, when it becomes rendered the server attempts to figure out what would have happened if it was not rendered, this causes a ton of calculations to run and bodies to fall where they shouldn't.  I'm not sure there is a way around that. 

1 minute ago, Vaenix said:

Yeah we've had that problem too, we used a multi tier base where there are probably around 30 rooms so I am on the ground floor with several people above me.  They've woken up asleep in my foundation after for whatever reason falling through the floor into my foundation. My understanding is that  it is something to do with the hibernation system used to optimize the performance of the server in areas that are not actively loaded by players, this is due to the "predictive" method they have like with Ark, the area is not rendered and thus in hibernation, when it becomes rendered the server attempts to figure out what would have happened if it was not rendered, this causes a ton of calculations to run and bodies to fall where they shouldn't.  I'm not sure there is a way around that. 

Never seen such behavior in games, mobs and players could "fall down" into the abyss untill the ground generated but once it did, they would be where they should be, not in some underground caves or something. Perhaps just freeze the bodies untill all static stuff is generated, then props and trees, then buildings and in the end entities.

The bodies falling through the ceiling tiles or into foundation is an Ark Engine thing... usually notice it on server crashes, would happen in Ark and Dark and Light.

We've tried about everything in the book... the only thing that works is taking our tames to our claimed land and they are 95% safer than at our Lawless camp.