gadefence

Further Weight Increase to Ships

The +40% (~) weight capacity buff to ships was a god send. But the none similar buff to weight points and sails makes them feel a bit lesser.

There should be a similar buff to weight points (for example, schooners went from 6k weight to 9k weight IIRC - a point in weight for a schooner should be upgraded to 120 from 80 to match), weight sails also feel a bit under powered - 250 for a small? 750 for a medium? 1000 for a large? Should really be 1k for a small, 2k for a med, 3k for a large. Then you'd see people running some on galleons and brigs rather then all speed all the time.

• Like 1

No, just no.

We already have "battlesloops" sailing about that if they were ever in sea state 2 would tip over and sink.

Its out of control already when you can put anything you want on a schooner.

People should have to make choices.

30 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

No, just no.

We already have "battlesloops" sailing about that if they were ever in sea state 2 would tip over and sink.

They would still be making choices.

Namely, high speed vs slower speed and more carry.

No. Disagree. The weight sails are perfectly fine. I don’t want stuff to become too easy. 

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No. Disagree. The weight sails are perfectly fine. I don’t want stuff to become too easy. 

Exactly

The bump we got already was unbelievable.  No need to dump points into weight anymore cause they can carry a full compliment as is.  Or if you do dump points into weight, now you end up with ships that have full cannons in gun ports below deck and another 5-10 topside as well.

Its stupid easy as is.

I say YES to this. The fact that you can hardly fully load out a galleon with cannons and crew. The base weight is almost maxed with that alone. God forbid you want to carry enough ammo for a while. Or what if you actually want to carry enough resources to make ample repairs......No there needs to be a huge increase in ship weight capacity.

11 minutes ago, Bovin said:

I say YES to this. The fact that you can hardly fully load out a galleon with cannons and crew. The base weight is almost maxed with that alone. God forbid you want to carry enough ammo for a while. Or what if you actually want to carry enough resources to make ample repairs......No there needs to be a huge increase in ship weight capacity.

That’s where the game is about.. If you want less protection, you can do other stuff. If you want a max out cannoned brig, fact is you will need to compromise other stuff. That’s how it is supposed to be. 

I find some people's opinions that a 50 gun port galleon shouldn't be able to carry 50 cannons on it without going significantly into leveling weight (meant for merchants) to be pretty funny.

The argument is basically a ship of war shouldn't be able to war properly without taking merchanting upgrades.

At least with weight sail upgrades you'd have more choices - sleek fast warships that chase, heavy warships that hold, sleek fast merchant ships and heavy merchant ships. Rather then everyone having the same layout of 1 broadside, other side blank, all speed and maybe a handling.

Yeah buff weight sails 750 for small 2000 medium and 3000 for large and someone couls actually use them lol going full weight would give for schooner 4k more for brig 10k more and galleon 18k more.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:30 AM, archaegeo said:

No, just no.

Now see this is why i constantly state that PVP does and never will work because if all you do is cater to pvp you take away everything a game can do to improve itself and/or to have more fun.

Can't do this..can't do that all because pvp,why lessen agame for a mode,many people don't even like pvp at all.At one point i know the total player base on pve was 3x that of pvp ,even if it is split ,your making a worse game to worry about pvp.Developers don't put a lot of effort into their tweaks fixes as yo usaw by the sinking ship fix,you'll never be able to caterr to pvp and get the game setup properly.