I would love to have more of the ship frame to be snap-able too. For example I cannot seem to get my building on my Galleon to line up with the frame of the boat. Instead there is quite a bit of cracks just large enough to fall into but no way to get out. If we can snap from the top of the back down or even a way to turn the catwalks sideways to bridge the gaps so its not a full ceiling tile but it stops the death trap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vostik said:

I would love to have more of the ship frame to be snap-able too. For example I cannot seem to get my building on my Galleon to line up with the frame of the boat. Instead there is quite a bit of cracks just large enough to fall into but no way to get out.

I have this exact problem with the back of my Brig. My tames are always getting stuck in the cracks as well. I have the sides within inches now, but the back of the Brig always has a few feet that I cannot seem to fill.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, magnisknight said:

Looking at the 

Looking at the art work for upcoming armors and clothing  I don't think they are limiting themselves to just the west indies  there were outfits with Chinese. Polynesian and European elements plus thecreatures are from a wider cultural ,base cyclops is Greek monster whale is Polynesian .

Yeah just saw this today.. Interesting turn of events lol

18 hours ago, Sovereign Snow said:

I have this exact problem with the back of my Brig. My tames are always getting stuck in the cracks as well. I have the sides within inches now, but the back of the Brig always has a few feet that I cannot seem to fill.

I finally found a way to build up above slightly and then come down with a half step to protect myself. I hope they are able to correct this. 

Can we also get some adjustment to how the structure count on a ship is mentioned? I built a Galleon over the last three days and have little to nothing on it but some walls/roofs/doors. I found today after trying to place some chests, I ran out of structure limits. This is extreme frustrating spending this amount of time to half design it. Also, it does not appear to be limited to each deck but to the boat totally. My current weight is 7800/30000 and I cannot fit a resource box on my boat? I even removed a ceiling tile to see if it helped and I couldn't even replace the tile I just removed. Something needs to be addressed whether it goes by weight or the limit is increased per size of ship. See pictures below link to pictures on how much is in place and I am at limit. 

https://imgur.com/a/Mz7F2TT

• Sad 2

Snow, I did make a post about this but it seems this is the place to drop it.

1) Collidable Bowsprits / Figureheads: Currently they aren't collidables. You can't paint them or stand on them, it also limits their functionality as actual bowsprits.

2) Auxiliary sails: Jibs, Mizzens, Staysails, etc: Currently we only have access to main mast sails. It limits the potential of ships. Ships have tons of sails on them, including these smaller or medium sized ones. Have them take up sail a small amount of points like masts but provide enough bonuses to the ship to make them viable. Having bowsprits collidable means that they can be used to attach jibs to, like they are in real life.

3) Lateen Sails: We have square sails, gaff sails, and mainsails in game right now, however, we are missing lateen sails, which were used way before the other three became popular.

Thanks for making this list, mate. You're awesome. :pirate_mask:

• Like 2

another suggestion would to be able to use puckles on ships, makes no sense why they cant be used on ships when it actually was originally designed for ship expeditions to fend off turk pirates (i think those were the pirates back then), so doesnt make sense why its only allowed as base defense

On 1/15/2019 at 5:17 AM, Sovereign Snow said:

13. More Structures on Galleons @Vostik

• Vostik's Galleon is comprised so far of only ceilings, roofs and walls. and They can't even place a ship resource box anymore, yet I see a vast open space in these images still to use. Increase the structure limit on Galleons. 
  • https://imgur.com/a/Mz7F2TT

Uh Hello, and Yes Please!! :classic_rolleyes: These were ALL good, but this one REALLY stands out - Galleons are like empty barns with the current limit, and the PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier server setting does not (seem to) have any effect on this either, possibly because Ships are handled differently due to leveling / etc.

Edited by Our Grid
clarity
  • Like 2

I really like the idea of a "captains deck" it triggers me to no end that you cant connect the wood ceiling pieces to the remainder of the ship on the back side.

Two things I think should be added.

One is a different type of balista ammo, pretty much a grapple hook thats launched out of it so that ships can be boarded more effectively. To balance this, the ship that is to be boarded has to be going below a certain speed. If you try to grapple the ship while its moving at a high speed, not only should the balista be destroyed, but the surrounding plank/decking should be significantly damaged too.

Second, allow players to arm their crew with melee weapons so they have the same combat attitude as the soldiers of the damned. Instead of chasing enemy players like a mindless mob of zombies.

• Like 2

They need a full deck below the bottom most deck. i currently had to build out this deck with ceilings.. 140 ceiling tiles to be exact. this cuts harshly into the very limited item budget of the Galleon. 

There needs to be a separate build budget for each ship class. Do I really need a 250 item budget for a sloop? where a 250 item budget for a galleon is far to small. Especially since each component counts toward this budget. 

• Like 2

i whish me a limitation to build on ships.... atleast on top of the deck. this ugly shapes of ships are so retarded and destroy the whole feeling of the game! even in pvp it is not needed. just give us more gunports some in the back like real ships and some in front.

and more sails are very needed! more realistic sailing like breaking sail masts etc.... u can do anything on see like sail trough the biggest waves and so on. 

maybe a crane to unload heavy cargo and lift cargo on top of mountains.

and much more ship variations. maybe a module system for ships that let u place some canons on top decks.

redesign the board system completly, it's makes no sense to overtake a ship u need more than a day for nice ships to overtake. realy retarded.

• Like 1

I know that this is the kind of game where you should be able to build anywhere and creativity means a lot. But I find it ridiculous enough to overturn the ship's design. Devs wanted to create a hardcore game but a player can build a wall of cannons on the back or front of the ship and oneshot whatever he wants. Besides, ships with huge buildings on them are ugly. In my opinion, ships must have a predefined design and only the sails can be modified. The cannons must only be placed in the lower deck and with their relative gunports. At most, side cannons can be added on the upper deck. By removing the possibility of adding structures, Devs should provide more types of ships. For example 5 types of sloops, 5 types of brigantines and 5 of galleons. Maybe with the same statistics but with different skins. It would be far more realistic and players should rely a lot more on maneuvers during a battle.

I agree with all points.
In addition:
6. Send - To / Send - Off

The ability to mass-command crew easily to assigned positions like cannons/sails

NPCs on  a ship should be bind to it.
To prevent npc glitching and falling/disappear. If a npc is on a ship it has to stay on the ship.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:17 AM, Sovereign Snow said:

8. Improved Respawning @mKHammerBro

• Better Ship structuring to prevent falling out the back of a ship in motion. This happens often. Through Decks and through the back wall.
  • Alternatively, re-code the Ship itself to act as a Respawn point, and change the Ship's accommodation level to improve how soon it can be reused as a respawn point. Maybe this will solidify the player's position on the boat when respawning at full sail.

9. Anchoring @mKHammerBro

• Increase Ship's anchor length to allow deeper anchoring. Larger ships can't get close enough to anchor sometimes. Maybe a craft-able mod or purchased at a Freeport.
  • Additionally, stop beds and other structures from preventing anchor drop. Many can't anchor their own ships inside their own territory because of a random person's ship or raft anchored nearby.

for 8: for the love of all that is holy, beds should have a "laying down" animation just like chairs do. and when you bed travel you should be "sitting" on the bed, you stand up if you hit any buttons. t his would prevent falling through boats and platforms on bed travel/respawn / login

for 9: Deeper anchor chains would be super cool. I also think that (on pve) once you're anchored for say, a half hour, y our ship is utterly invincible and cannot sink for any reason until unanchored. no damage can be taken, no load can overload it. 

Balance the cannons   / ships via weight..  what goes on left should go on right side  and front to back..  get rid of the 40  cannon side loads or front loads.   Also maybe look at capping  number of cannons per ship type but adding another leveling option  to add cannons but at a cost of weight or accomaditions etc

• Like 2

i would say something that needs to be fixed or added is renaming of ships. For example if you "acquired" ships from a company merge but you dont like the name. As it stands now you cant change the name yet the option is there but doesnt work(atleast for me and others i've talked to.). 

Also more ship types would be nice. Since some people are doing RolePlaying(RPing) maybe have merchant vessels and other ships like that.

Someone mentioned above the void when building....more ceiling tiles that conform to the odd shaped rear of the ship.  For example you cant really use square tiles on the schooner to fill the gap you need like 2 or 3 triangles and even then theres a gap on either side of where the ladder on the back is.

Edited by SirBiff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2019 at 11:23 PM, magnisknight said:

Different  ship styles would be cool maybe base the designs on different cultures, Polynesian, middle east ,ancient Greek, Asian  and viking .these cultures all have a wide variety of vessel designs of different sizes and capabilities a history of piracy it would spice sea warfare up  and give lots of options for players 

i also thought of having different designs of the base ship class, that you can maybe get from sotd shipswrecks or so, with different deck layout  more/less planks on one deck to fit for different playstyles

Sail Layout for Weight and handling sail:

instead of having the same cone (just bigger) as speed sails i would love to see two cones on the sides for both sides and realistic turning angles for handling and weight sails