I would like to see Man O' Wars but that's really all I would care to see.. The Galleon is waaaay too under-powered for how much resources you have to dump into it.

• Like 2

Can't even imagine how much a Man O War would cost. Oof. And I imagine its difficult enough to get a Galleon close to shore. I won't build bigger than a Brig because I hear about a lot of Galleons getting jammed on sandbars near where we live. Nope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sovereign Snow said:

Can't even imagine how much a Man O War would cost. Oof. And I imagine its difficult enough to get a Galleon close to shore. I won't build bigger than a Brig because I hear about a lot of Galleons getting jammed on sandbars near where we live. Nope.

Yeah.. Have to rely on dinghys with bigger ships.. Even with the brigantine it helps to have dingys

for the permission to come abboard:

i would maybe go another way in that:

• crew capacity is not in effect while anchored (or additionally while no player of the faction is online on the grid) so that people can not sink anhored ships (or ofline raid ships)
  • option to kick players overboard (maybe combined with restaining so he can't grapple back onto it)
Edited by darkmeadow
  • Like 1

I would like the ability to control sails separately or together.  I don't always want all my sails open full or closed.  I'd like to raise my speed sails and just guide my ship around with my handling sail at times.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shakarian said:

I would like the ability to control sails separately or together.  I don't always want all my sails open full or closed.  I'd like to raise my speed sails and just guide my ship around with my handling sail at times.

That's not a bad idea. Currently, there are fields on the 1 - 9 keys that control which side of the ship's cannons you're controlling. A system like that would be easy to do.

Edited by Sovereign Snow
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Madam Doomkitten said:

Would love to see pennants and streamers added to the sails for more ship customization—

Image result for tall ships

Image result for tall ships

Yeah specifically flags on top of the masts and a larger flag on the back of the ship for a pirate flag that you can raise and lower.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, Sovereign Snow said:

1. Permission To Come Aboard

• The current setting; "Nobody but company and allies allowed on ships" feels like gauze on a hemorrhaging wound. As it stands, without allying with EVERY player who wishes to view your ship design, catch a ride to another region, or just hang out, nobody can help others.
  • I propose a new setting which would bypass the company and alliance setting temporarily to allow individuals onto your ship, with strictly your permission.

Oops, my mistake. I created a new topic with a similar suggestion in that topic. And I saw it very late when I read that.

But no worries, i have edit that topic with an NOTE; AND with as notice: additional suggestion with a link to this topic.

Link to my topic: NEW SHIP & TERRITORY OPTION SETTINGS SUGGESTIONS

I hope you do not mind? :classic_unsure:

Edited by JeffyDutch
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 8:15 PM, Sovereign Snow said:

Currently the Galleon can be built into a "man o' war"  (I hate that term... will go into it at the end).  I have tested the design on a much smaller scale and you can effectively double the amount of guns on a side by building a certain way... 

As for the Man o' War.... That really just means ANY ship of military use.. this could be a ship like the USS Constitution, which was a large frigate, or it could mean something like the HMS Victory a 1st rate ship of the line.   

I would love to see some actual bow sprits that work.... staysails between the masts.   And the ability to grapple a ship and pull it closer when at sea or docking.   

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Hodo said:

I would love to see some actual bow sprits that work.... staysails between the masts.   And the ability to grapple a ship and pull it closer when at sea or docking.   

This may be what you're talking about but with the traditional figurehead, I'd like to see a working blind jim sail or whatever they are called

+1 to all of these.

Additionally,

Handling and Weight Sails face the wrong way when placed at the front of a ship. They need an option to rotate them 180 degrees so that they look like they are facing the right way, with the crows nest facing forwards and the sails billowing forwards.

All ships should have a craftable bow sprite, with bought figureheads snapping underneath.

An option so that a Handling or Weight Sail placed at the front of the ship connects to the bow sprite.

There was the suggestion of half decks for Brigs and Schooners, but I'd also like to see an option to place a small platform above the bow sprite/bow for people to stand on.

Edited by Kaitlynn Allen
  • Like 2

side note, yall should be pressing the UP ARROW to the left of the posters name. This is what Jat talked about in the dev stream, if it reaches 200 they would maybe consider it or at least look at it. 

uparrow.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stormoffires said:

side note, yall should be pressing the UP ARROW to the left of the posters name. This is what Jat talked about in the dev stream, if it reaches 200 they would maybe consider it or at least look at it. 

uparrow.png

Done!

I see here a lot of excellent ideas:

-permission to come aboard seems like a no-brainer, expecially since they implemented that thing for allowing or not allowing building by specific players and companies - all that is needed is to add the ID permission thing to ships

-flags, ensigns, and pennants: the top of the mast seems so bare without them... why don't masts have the option to display the company flag at the top? They should act like flagpoles, tied into the ship-conquering mechanic

-send off ship is a no-brainer - especially useful for stuff that's stuck

-I really like the idea of mooring bollards ❤️  not just for larger vessels ofshore but also for player-built piers and RP purposes

-crew and weight capacity should definitely *not* apply while anchored/moored (I want to build a dinghy bridge of barges hehe)

-NPC crew absolutely should repair everything instead of just planks... maybe that could be a skill upgrade, or a ship setting

-a knot-meter is a very good idea - possibly a skill in one of the skill trees, or a station to which an NPC can be assigned...

... this has caused me to have another idea just this instant! A spyglass NPC station on the crow's nest to spot whales and d!ckboats from farther afield and know their health and level!

And one should be able to pick up any built piece on a ship one owns (apart from planks) when it is anchored

I made a suggestion post two days ago and got a bit carried away in writing it so it might be too long to paste here, but there *is* a section for suggested ship changes (some of the things I mention are things I also see in this thread now 😮 ), so I'll leave the link to see if anyone likes my ideas: 

• Thanks 1

One thing I forgot to add:-

1) The Galleon has a huge void at the back that is wasted space. Really that's where the Captains Cabin would be, which would have at least one set of windows running across the back.

• Like 2

Different  ship styles would be cool maybe base the designs on different cultures, Polynesian, middle east ,ancient Greek, Asian  and viking .these cultures all have a wide variety of vessel designs of different sizes and capabilities a history of piracy it would spice sea warfare up  and give lots of options for players

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, magnisknight said:

Different  ship styles would be cool maybe base the designs on different cultures, Polynesian, middle east ,ancient Greek, Asian  and viking .these cultures all have a wide variety of vessel designs of different sizes and capabilities a history of piracy it would spice sea warfare up  and give lots of options for players

I'm not saying that this is a bad idea. But I think they were going for West Indies with this game. I could be wrong.

Looking at the 

4 hours ago, mKHammerBro said:

I'm not saying that this is a bad idea. But I think they were going for West Indies with this game. I could be wrong.

Looking at the art work for upcoming armors and clothing  I don't think they are limiting themselves to just the west indies  there were outfits with Chinese. Polynesian and European elements plus thecreatures are from a wider cultural ,base cyclops is Greek monster whale is Polynesian .