I think once the ship is crafted the hull of the ship should have one giant health pool so we arent slapping new planks on in the middle of the ocean. Holes should appear that spray water and the crew has to run around repairing these holes on the inside using hammers.

I agree on all points of op and I would like to see buff for plank hp like serius buff and more damaged states for planks before they go gaboom, like leaking, small holes, large holes, partly ripped off, half ripped off, 3/4 ripped off and then finally destroyed, full water leak after large holes state. And only active repair (and buff for the repair skill) while on sea and passive while ancored.

• Like 1

To piggyback off of ship changes.. A few things I would like to see from ships:

• Better ship physics (Such as not being fixed to the sea floor when anchoring, and still floating on top of the water, or not insta-stopping when dropping the anchor)
  • Anchor mods to allow deeper anchoring, maybe a mod for purchase at a freeport or such
  • Flags on top of the masts - They look pretty naked and bare right now
  • No longer clipping through walls and falling out of the back of the ship when it's in motion. This is especially bad when spawning at a bed on a moving ship
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

I'd like to add... Reverse speeds are slow enough. They should not be decreased to 5% when trying to back out of a shallow. I have legitimately spent upwards of 30 minutes backing a ship out of a single shallow that was only obstructing the front 5% of a Galleon. That is taking things a bit too far.

• Like 2

I can certainly vote for #4 !

Sooooo f***ing annoying to have a bear or something else stuck on top of a cannon and basically only getting it free cause of a server restart... -.-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Litvan said:

I can certainly vote for #4 !

Sooooo f***ing annoying to have a bear or something else stuck on top of a cannon and basically only getting it free cause of a server restart... -.-

Thankfully, they have made an undocumented change to fix this. Tames now "teleport" from deck to deck when following, like crew have done.
Tell the bear to follow you, then go downstairs. It'll pop down. Then go back upstairs. It'll pop onto top deck with you.
This was a ninja change, so most don't know yet. Now you know.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GunnyTheGrey said:

Thankfully, they have made an undocumented change to fix this. Tames now "teleport" from deck to deck when following, like crew have done.
Tell the bear to follow you, then go downstairs. It'll pop down. Then go back upstairs. It'll pop onto top deck with you.
This was a ninja change, so most don't know yet. Now you know.

Our bear got stuck last night... so this change was in effect, and we tried it 🙂

not particularly ship specific but related to mooring / anchoring -

- snap points to shipyards to be able to incorperate them better in your harbor. (and maybe scale them to fit the measures of floors ceilings.)

- a gangway as a device like dinghy port or diving attachment

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz
typo
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sovereign Snow said:

Collision should be removed inside your own territory. For the greifers and trolls that now resort to just blocking you in.

Colliding with them doesn't do damage.. I just run through them with my brigantine and send them flying. Lol.. They get out of the way then. :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sovereign Snow said:

How does everyone feel about Rogue Waves? I think that would add a bit of immersion. Give players a reason to pay attention while sailing.

Excuse my ignorance here. But what is a rogue wave?

Oh sounds pretty cool. Honestly the storms are pretty cancer right now.. Every time it rains we get 30 cyclones that just so happen to spawn in on top of my ship? Really? Lol..

• Like 1

Agreed. Cyclone Storms are cancer. Rogue Waves and simply Wind Storms would add a variety of situations out at sea. Also, a Cyclone Storm while surrounded by SoTDs is major cancer.

• Like 3

Just now, Sovereign Snow said:

Agreed. Cyclone Storms are cancer. Rogue Waves and simply Wind Storms would add a variety of situations out at sea. Also, a Cyclone Storm while surrounded by SoTDs is major cancer.

Yes! Grapeshot, please add this to suggestions. 

• Like 1