Sign in to follow this  
Forb Hidden

Claiming 4 dummies

Hello Community,

I searched and searched for days now, but never find an answer.

Why do i can't Find a detailed Tutorial about claiming?

- where can i Find a legend for the symbols above the flag? (crossed swords ae)

- how exactly work the Timer? +17000? -240000?

- how long does it takes, until a Body of an inactive Player desappears? (when can i claim My neighbours Land, who sleeps exactly @ the same point for more than 2 weeks?)

I'm sure, the dev Team read abouth the 1mio'th time a Thread like this. And somewhere Deep hiden in some FAQs there are all the answers to this questions. But where and how to find?

Can't u, allmighty devs, write an claim-Tutorial for dummies? As an announcement in steam maybe? So nearly everybody will see + read it? 

Thx and greets

Forb

3 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Hello Community,

I searched and searched for days now, but never find an answer.

Why do i can't Find a detailed Tutorial about claiming?

- where can i Find a legend for the symbols above the flag? (crossed swords ae)

- how exactly work the Timer? +17000? -240000?

- how long does it takes, until a Body of an inactive Player desappears? (when can i claim My neighbours Land, who sleeps exactly @ the same point for more than 2 weeks?)

I'm sure, the dev Team read abouth the 1mio'th time a Thread like this. And somewhere Deep hiden in some FAQs there are all the answers to this questions. But where and how to find?

Can't u, allmighty devs, write an claim-Tutorial for dummies? As an announcement in steam maybe? So nearly everybody will see + read it? 

Thx and greets

Forb

because its broken tbh

Honestly, what the Claim System SHOULD do and what it ACTUALLY does are poles apart. 

In theory, if you have been Active in your Claim you are supposed to be totally safe from rival claims for the next three days.  The Timer resets back to three days next time you are Active in your claim.  What happens in practice is Claims can be lost overnight and even while you are logged in!  For example, I have lost two separate Claims overnight and one guy said he and some people from his Company had been Active in their Claim getting sorted out for a resource run on their boat, and about an hour into the journey they got the message saying they'd lost their Claim.  Honestly, don't bother Claiming land until the entire system is redesigned from the ground up.  Find a patch n Lawless and stay there until it's fixed.

Ok, i explain :

On claimable PVP servers, if you place your flag on land, that no one owns (haha.. this was a joke ! Start laughing !) you need 10 minutes, after that this land is yours.

If you claim land, that is already owned by another player you need 5:30 hours plus the 10 minutes from your own flag no conquer this land. If during that time someone runs through the claim area of that flag the timer resets and you can wait for another 5:30 hours, even if you have waited 5 hours before. Thats 10:30 hours.

The above mechanism is only valid, if no other player or offline sleeper in a house is around. If this is the case your flag shows „contested“ and a sword shows up above your flag. You can not claim this land in that case and as soon as you leave the radius of your claim flag it is deleted and you receive a „claim failed“ message.

unfortunately there is a bug that if one flag is overlapping with other flags it is enough if in one base somewhere there is an offline sleeper. He is preventing any claim on the other side of the island 5km away through that exploit.

Devs know and ignore that.

Edited by Talono

why the hell is it 5 hours now? if you cant protect your land then you dont deserve it. 5 hours is waaaaaaaay to long.  one guy on my home isle has claimed HALF of the isle but he only uses one small area to build. nobody can take the land back because he has 5 fuckin hours to interrupt or some random guy interrupts. why in the fuck can random people just by walking into the area interrupt? MAKES NO SENSE