Sign in to follow this  
Sadie Blackhawk

Wild Animals/Alphas

Are you guys ever gonna balance these out. Wearing metal armor and metal weapons are useless. I try to explore. Get the xp and then proceed to die. Then die about 30 more times trying to do a corpse run. I've watched elephants and rhinos die to a solitary wolf, snake or vulture. It's getting  harder to log in everyday since exploration is kinda pointless. taming is pretty much pointless. I've played the game. got land, got a base built. built ships, watched ships get sunk by other people griefing. Takes 2 carbine shots to kill a single wolf. When im getting tagged by snakes, wolves, crocodiles and vultures all at the same time. It's a bit much and the reload isn't fast enough. Then you have the pointless lvl 200 alphas... Yeah so I can waste 200 arrows to kill it just to have another spawn in its place. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

They have to if they intend to implement legacy as planned. Death can not have serious consequence if you don't even stand a chance in the first place.

• Like 1

I think I just miss the days of everquest 2 when the devs actually played alongside us normal people. They could see first hand whats going on. It feels like sucha disconnect between everything on official servers. I mean at the going rate i'm wondering if there is gonna be anyone around for the legacy system. This game has left a pretty bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

I mean at the going rate i'm wondering if there is gonna be anyone around for the legacy system. 

Sure. Heroin addicts die, it happens. But there is always someone else who needs a addiction hobby.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to sterilize my needle before the crocs show up. I think they just want my stash.

Alpha just need their damage reduction removed, then coordinated teams can take them out relatively easy, as can intrepid individuals - instead of just spamming fire arrows and hoping they do a ground hit and one hit K.O. them.

5 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

I think I just miss the days of everquest 2 when the devs actually played alongside us normal people. They could see first hand whats going on. It feels like sucha disconnect between everything on official servers. I mean at the going rate i'm wondering if there is gonna be anyone around for the legacy system. This game has left a pretty bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths. 

I understand the frustration but this not NMS. This is an early access launch by devs that already have a sweet/sour rep. Anyone not expecting a rocky launch and rapid fire hotfixes and patches with minimal in house testing basically only have themselves to blame. As for anyone completely new to WC/GS games they should at the very least understand that EA is case by case. If they're salty that's on them not the devs. We all paid to test an unfinished product. In this case an Alpha build.

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1

I find the number of predators in the game right now frustrating. I like to build and gather and at no time can i feel comfy and creative. its just frustrating. Remove some or make them spawn less frequent please.

If you build in an area the predators go down. Its just that initial breaking of a land to claim it as your own thats tough.

Once you get a 2 story house and can get to roof, you can kill most anything that happens along, or build walls to keep em out.

And to be honest, lots of the complaints are from people running solo and just want to be able to solo the whole game 

2 hours ago, archaegeo said:

If you build in an area the predators go down. Its just that initial breaking of a land to claim it as your own thats tough.

Once you get a 2 story house and can get to roof, you can kill most anything that happens along, or build walls to keep em out.

And to be honest, lots of the complaints are from people running solo and just want to be able to solo the whole game 

I'm not asking to solo the whole game. There is a serious problem with the carnivorous animal populations. Yay for you that needs to have your hand held or maybe you don't leave your 2 story house ever.

I went to J10 this morning to sail my ship and EXPLORE. Got tagged by 3 snakes, 1 gator and 3 wolves at the shoreline. About 5 vultures flying around. So me thinking I could run to the nearest rock to get up high to kill some things got tagged before I even made it there. Then spent another hour trying to get my corpse back to watch it despawn with all my shit. 

Every morning I wake up and kill about 5 wolves/lions from my cliff platform that has a 3 story stone. Along with 2 other cliff platforms. Numbers haven't gone down one bit. I die on my way to my boat. These are all at the shoreline..... Yep so I could build a fence. OH YEAH that requires resources and the ability to travel to get to them. Oh I forgot-just sail to a freeport. So I now spend another 40 mins traveling and loading up at the freeport with wood, stone, thatch and fiber. Then haul it back and unload and build because heaven forbid I harvest anything from my backyard. Oh yeah I would cept there are to many lions and wolves roaming the area. I kill them then alphas like to spawn in there place. So now im contending with alpha wolves, lions, horses.... 

I'm sorry if I didn't understand that I need a babysitter to do everything in this game 24 hours a day. We are all in our 40's with work, children and spouses. I guess I just won't log in till my adult babysitters can supervise while I go sail around and do one of the key points of this game-EXPLORATION.

• Like 2

I found that when doing solo exploration, it really helps if you put two or three crew members on swivel guns, loaded with grapeshot and set to attack everything, on the broadside of your exploration vessel.  That keeps the shoreline clear and creates a safe zone to run back to when you get attacked starting out on an exploration.  I'll even lure enemies back to the kill zone.

Just now, Archsenex said:

I found that when doing solo exploration, it really helps if you put two or three crew members on swivel guns, loaded with grapeshot and set to attack everything, on the broadside of your exploration vessel.  That keeps the shoreline clear and creates a safe zone to run back to when you get attacked starting out on an exploration.  I'll even lure enemies back to the kill zone.

Perfect idea.  Let's see now, how many crew and swivel guns can a lvl 8 noob put on a raft before leaving a freeport?

I agree that predators are currently frustrating.

I mounted a Ballista and a Swivel Gun on the side of my ship to clear the beach before I land. It's been a fun, but resource intensive, way to deal with getting on land.

3 hours ago, archaegeo said:

I have not found this to be true.  If anything it seems that the predator spawnings are increasing.  The 2-story stone base and perimeter wall do little but trap inside the predators/alphas that spawn there.  They even spawn inside the base.  So, no.  I would not agree with this statement.  The only buildings which have been relatively safe so far are the ones we built up on stilts off the shore over the ocean, and that's only because we don't have crocs on our island.  And yes, we have swivel guns manned on our walls.  The respawn rate is ridiculously fast.  And good luck to you on your second story roof if you accidentally tagged a vulture anywhere along the way.  There are certainly one or two alpha vultures within a 5-mile radius who are on their way to tell you what's what.

Edited by cloWandering
  • Like 2

wolves have spawned inside our stone house before. I've not noticed less wolves in our area and we are active and play most days together. It takes time when we sign on every time to lure the wolves into the slaughter pen so we can kill them without dying.

Last night when we were getting our ship ready on the shore was an Alpha Bear, Alpha cow, alpha wolf and an alpha vulture. So don't go out. or kill anything, or do anything because you're dead.

Alphas are pointless and they are ruining this game.

Ask anyone who is level 75+ how pointless alphas are? Most of the folks who hit 51 so fast did it when alphas were on lawless.