Astellios

Griefers every fcking night?

We got griefed every night without a trace or people with mysterios symbols in name. Do u know any protection for it?

• Like 1

We lost all our ships last night. We build nothing new solong the dont patch anytrhing about it. If its not fixed till weekend i leave the game. 

Put your ships in a pen, only needs to be as big as the hull the sails take no collision damage. Also not many people know this but you can reverse ships with S

1) There is no "mysterious" symbols in player names. Chinese, Phillipine, Japanese, Kyrillic, polish, spanish, portugese, even some german letters arent correctly displayed. Its not something mysterious, its the simple fact that theres more than just the typical, english letters around the world.
2) So, youre asking to be fully protected while being offline? In a multiplayer game? Why? Arent people who life in a different timezone/country allowed to attack you, just because you dont play at the moment? Then do it! Protect your ships in pens, hire NPCs, build cannon towers and swivel guns, all manned with NPCs.

But stop asking to change game mechanics because you dont want to/cant use those that are already given to you.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dingiva said:

2) So, youre asking to be fully protected while being offline? In a multiplayer game? Why?

a) yes

b) because we have lives outside the multiplayer game

• Like 7

You use walls and NPC's... it's not tough to do. If you can build a ship, you can build defenses. If you leave your ship sitting on the beach unguarded then hell yea, it's going down.

Z

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Znick said:

You use walls and NPC's... it's not tough to do. If you can build a ship, you can build defenses. If you leave your ship sitting on the beach unguarded then hell yea, it's going down.

Like NPCs or walls are stopping anyone.

• Like 3

Here's a simple rule to ships: Once you've built it, accept it's already dead. 

If I see a schooner< then I'm going to sink it to steal some cannon balls/repair materials. It definitely beats going out to farm my own metal. 

• Like 1

Well, i own several big honeycomb bases in several biomes. Megatribes are way to lazy to bomb me out with mortars.

This means some fun, if you try to copy, be consistent, never give up. If they kill you with a half built base and bed raft gone.. build a new raft in freeport, go back, continue building. You stone walls are far more easy to build but to destroy by self proclaimed alpha tribe trolls.

Ships are more a problem, everything larger then a raft is auto-offline-destroyed.

So stay on rafts, take revenge with gliders and explosive barrels.

God I hope these are the chinese kids from Js Niubi that I suck their galleon and brigs and entire fleet the other night.

What exactly is "griefing"? I take it you mean someone PVPed you and you lost. In that case you need to play better.

There is little in the way of AI defense atm and what is in the game isn't very effective so instead you need to invest in solid structures that make it expensive to be raided. My tribe has a fully enclosed ship in a box with a door.  Most people looking for easy kills will turn up to a base with fire arrows and some explosive barrels on a small fast ship with few or no cannon. If you box in your ship then most of the time they won't bother especially if you double layer it. 

My other advice would be to join a tribe with numbers. The game currently favors large tribes that have players on around the clock. ARK did as well but at least ARK had turrets that worked this game currently does not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Force said:

What exactly is "griefing"? I take it you mean someone PVPed you and you lost. In that case you need to play better.

There is little in the way of AI defense atm and what is in the game isn't very effective so instead you need to invest in solid structures that make it expensive to be raided. My tribe has a fully enclosed ship in a box with a door.  Most people looking for easy kills will turn up to a base with fire arrows and some explosive barrels on a small fast ship with few or no cannon. If you box in your ship then most of the time they won't bother especially if you double layer it. 

My other advice would be to join a tribe with numbers. The game currently favors large tribes that have players on around the clock. ARK did as well but at least ARK had turrets that worked this game currently does not.

Griefing is pulling up to a raft with a galleon and killing it for shits and giggles. Pvp is going to to toe with galleon vs galleon (similar offence as defense) or wiping a raft with a galleon because they attacked u stupidly.....

4 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

A griefer or bad faith player is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game (trolling), using aspects of the game in intended or unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gamingcommunities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.[2] This creates a strong division between griefing and cheating, since cheating is done with intent of winning the game and thus is discouraged by in-game penalties.

History

• Like 2

Just now, xRDx said:

Griefing is pulling up to a raft with a galleon and killing it for shits and giggles. Pvp is going to to toe with galleon vs galleon (similar offence as defense) or wiping a raft with a galleon because they attacked u stupidly.....

No that is just your interpretation. Sinking a Galleon by using sabotage is very much a strategic move. It weakens the enemy, has little risk to the attackers if it fails and costs the enemy dearly if it works. There are more ways to play this game then battleship vs battleship in the open sea, especially if you are in a smaller company.

Also you are forgetting that this is an open world PVP game, anyone can wipe anyone they don't need permission nor a reason. A lot of players that come from other games or PVE mode seem to whinge in global about "why did you sink my ship I didn't do anything". It takes some adjusting which comes with time but you have get used to the concept that at any moment someone could attack and kill you. Always be on the alert, trust no one not even allies.

13 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

No that is just your interpretation. Sinking a Galleon by using sabotage is very much a strategic move. It weakens the enemy, has little risk to the attackers if it fails and costs the enemy dearly if it works. There are more ways to play this game then battleship vs battleship in the open sea, especially if you are in a smaller company.

Also you are forgetting that this is an open world PVP game, anyone can wipe anyone they don't need permission nor a reason. A lot of players that come from other games or PVE mode seem to whinge in global about "why did you sink my ship I didn't do anything". It takes some adjusting which comes with time but you have get used to the concept that at any moment someone could attack and kill you. Always be on the alert, trust no one not even allies.

Exactly, but if u choose to fight a galleon by sneaking in (less force than the galleon) then u are taking the risk of fighting something bigger so this is not griefing.....if u choose to kill/wipe lower geard people for no reason this IS NOT pvp that is griefing. As the defanition I posted this is being done just because u know u can (big man syndrome/bulling) to annoy players and is griefing 

Edited by xRDx
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Dingiva said:

1) There is no "mysterious" symbols in player names. Chinese, Phillipine, Japanese, Kyrillic, polish, spanish, portugese, even some german letters arent correctly displayed. Its not something mysterious, its the simple fact that theres more than just the typical, english letters around the world.
2) So, youre asking to be fully protected while being offline? In a multiplayer game? Why? Arent people who life in a different timezone/country allowed to attack you, just because you dont play at the moment? Then do it! Protect your ships in pens, hire NPCs, build cannon towers and swivel guns, all manned with NPCs.

But stop asking to change game mechanics because you dont want to/cant use those that are already given to you.

Region block then so that English letter users do not have to endure being spammed by all of the Chinese, Phillipine , Japanese, Kyrillic , polish, spanish , portugese , even some german letters...

• Like 1

Just now, xRDx said:

Exactly, but if u choose to fight a galleon by sneaking in (less force than the galleon) then u are taking the risk of fighting something bigger so this is not griefing.....if u choose to kill/wipe lower geard people for no reason this IS NOT pvp that is griefing. As the defanition I posted this is being done just because u know u can (big man syndrome/bulling) to annoy players

No its still PVP. They might have treasure maps or blueprints on them, or resources. It's always worth a shot if you have the upper hand. A lot of small boats like sloops are used for quick transporting of valuable goods. I certainly won't hesitate to open fire if I'm in range.

Just now, Bullet Force said:

No its still PVP. They might have treasure maps or blueprints on them, or resources. It's always worth a shot if you have the upper hand. A lot of small boats like sloops are used for quick transporting of valuable goods. I certainly won't hesitate to open fire if I'm in range.

Then u sir may be considered a griefer...u asked what one was I gave you examples and defanition. Using an excuse of they may have something I want like wood that u can clearly get urself isnt an excuse, it's pure bullying/griefing... u know bullies say this same shit in real life....."hes got 50 cents and I want it and I'm bigger so ima get it" if the kid being attacked had equal force that shit wouldn't happen

• Like 2

Just now, xRDx said:

Then u sir may be considered a griefer...u asked what one was I gave you examples and defanition. Using an excuse of they may have something I want like wood that u can clearly get urself isnt an excuse, it's pure bullying/griefing... u know bullies say this same shit in real life....."hes got 50 cents and I want it and I'm bigger so ima get it" if the kid being attacked had equal force that shit wouldn't happen

No its proper PVP. Even more so then attacking a base when no one is home. In this case at least its player vs player. The very definition. 

5 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

U wana be a big dog go fight with the big dogs and leave the little pups alone

• Like 1

Just now, xRDx said:

U wana be a big dog go fight with the big dogs and leave the little pups alone

No that is not how it works. Why spend an hours doing treasure maps when I can just take all your gold you are transporting in 5 minutes. It's a pirate game, go out there and murder and plunder.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

No its proper PVP. Even more so then attacking a base when no one is home. In this case at least its player vs player. The very definition. 

Sorry sir but not correct, the base behind player vs player is when 2 or more players compete against one another. If one player clearly has a MAJOR upper hand there is no competition....there for is not pvp. Compatition is based on like minded people (McDonald's is does not compete against walmart) that share something in common like walmart vs target.....walmart vs dollar tree doesnt have compatition. If ur attacking a raft of lvl 15s with a locker on it while ur lvl 50 driving a ship with 50 cannons ur not pvping for the loot in 1 locker...ur being annoying (griefing)

8 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

No that is not how it works. Why spend an hours doing treasure maps when I can just take all your gold you are transporting in 5 minutes. It's a pirate game, go out there and murder and plunder.

That's fine if that's what ya wana do bud but depending on how u do it and who ur doing it to it could be considered grief...u asked I provided u a answer

• Like 1

You don't need/want ships in this supposedly sailing mmo. Can just make disposable sloops on demand, why make anything bigger? 

Good news is that even megas aren't safe from few people determined to sink all their ships.

2 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

I agree with what you are saying on joining a bigger company.  It is a MULTIPLAYER game.  But PVP is player vs player, not player vs offline player stuff.   That is just sad.  I never count that as pvp, it is just a raid for me.  If you leave your stuff easy for me to get to I will take what I want.   If I have to work at it I wont bother.  

14 hours ago, LaiTash said:

Like NPCs or walls are stopping anyone.

Hell yeah they do. If you think otherwise you're not doing it right...

Z