Astellios

Griefers every fcking night?

2 minutes ago, Znick said:

Hell yeah they do. If you think otherwise you're not doing it right...

Z

Stone walls are very cheap and very durable  in this game compared to ARK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Build a schooner, and  tons of explosive barrel. Take 2-6 of your friends. Wait for enemy to mostly go offline (weekdays 4AM -7AM). Go near their port (stop in a safe distance cuz they have good defense against ships). Find the weak spots. Mostly sneak in underwater,  and fck all of their ships. If u have time, demolish all of the sunken ships, and drop out the loot (if u like something keep it),  u can fck them more like this. Be proud of your skills, they don't had a chance, u'r a genius strategist :).
Laugh if the "online enemies (maximum 1-3 players)" coming to you, they can't shoot u cuz of lags.
95% of fights looks like this these days.

They Cry, u Laugh, and that's all :)

21 minutes ago, moRtiZ said:

Build a schooner, and  tons of explosive barrel. Take 2-6 of your friends. Wait for enemy to mostly go offline (weekdays 4AM -7AM). Go near their port (stop in a safe distance cuz they have good defense against ships). Find the weak spots. Mostly sneak in underwater,  and fck all of their ships. If u have time, demolish all of the sunken ships, and drop out the loot (if u like something keep it),  u can fck them more like this. Be proud of your skills, they don't had a chance, u'r a genius strategist :).
Laugh if the "online enemies (maximum 1-3 players)" coming to you, they can't shoot u cuz of lags.
95% of fights looks like this these days.

They Cry, u Laugh, and that's all 🙂

This only works if you dont wall off your harbor.... a smart defense has their harbor gated.   

On 1/16/2019 at 12:06 AM, Dingiva said:

1) There is no "mysterious" symbols in player names. Chinese, Phillipine, Japanese, Kyrillic, polish, spanish, portugese, even some german letters arent correctly displayed. Its not something mysterious, its the simple fact that theres more than just the typical, english letters around the world.
2) So, youre asking to be fully protected while being offline? In a multiplayer game? Why? Arent people who life in a different timezone/country allowed to attack you, just because you dont play at the moment? Then do it! Protect your ships in pens, hire NPCs, build cannon towers and swivel guns, all manned with NPCs.

But stop asking to change game mechanics because you dont want to/cant use those that are already given to you.

I'd like to request them to remove foreign letters from the game, so that we at least know who attacked us. It's a ridiculously broken mechanic to be able to do these names on a pvp server as you don't need to worry about retaliation.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:10 AM, LaiTash said:

Like NPCs or walls are stopping anyone.

No but puckle guns, swivels with grapeshot, canons and NPC's do. Try to troll our ships all you like. 😉 

1 hour ago, Bonedancer said:

No but puckle guns, swivels with grapeshot, canons and NPC's do. Try to troll our ships all you like. 😉 

N-no. Whoever your enemies are, they're are morons.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bonedancer said:

This guys is 100% correct... you ppl crying otherwise need to learn the mechanics better.

Z

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, LaiTash said:

There is literally no reason whatsoever for an anchored ship to be sunk unless the owner is online. Every ship should go invuln "x" amount of minutes after the owner logs (To protect against loggoffsky antics) It is a proven mechanic that works. Every DayZ server that ever had that sort of offline protection running was a full server. There is no sport in griefing via offline raiding. None whatsoever. Might as well go creative and build fake cities then go destroy them with your ship it's about the same skill level. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There are very few hardcore games that have kept decent player base and it's mainly due to offline raiding. Rust sure offline raiding is a thing but you can easily build sizable structures and adequate defenses to protect against this in an afternoon. Not so with this game.

At the end of the day less structures needed to protect your ships=better server performance...oooo too bad you can't come through at 5am and sink a bunch of unmanned ships if this were in place. Wasn't any sport in it anyway.

Edited by Kegstand Mcfarland
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 1:53 AM, Bullet Force said:

Stone walls are very cheap and very durable  in this game compared to ARK.

No, they are not. Just a few explosive barrels and byebye large stone gate, byebye galleon.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 10:21 PM, Bullet Force said:

No that is just your interpretation. Sinking a Galleon by using sabotage is very much a strategic move. It weakens the enemy, has little risk to the attackers if it fails and costs the enemy dearly if it works. There are more ways to play this game then battleship vs battleship in the open sea, especially if you are in a smaller company.

Also you are forgetting that this is an open world PVP game, anyone can wipe anyone they don't need permission nor a reason. A lot of players that come from other games or PVE mode seem to whinge in global about "why did you sink my ship I didn't do anything". It takes some adjusting which comes with time but you have get used to the concept that at any moment someone could attack and kill you. Always be on the alert, trust no one not even allies.

No, I do not agree. PVP means that you can do what you want, but it does not means you need to do what you want. In real life you can also kill a random person while he is sleeping. I hope you will not do that just because you can. Greefing is stupid and lame. Wait until a player is online to go to school/work or sleep. 8 hours free play, whooohoooooo. just kill them. place a claim-flag, and then demolish the whole base.

Is that how you want to play Atlas???

On 1/15/2019 at 11:06 PM, Dingiva said:

1) There is no "mysterious" symbols in player names. Chinese, Phillipine, Japanese, Kyrillic, polish, spanish, portugese, even some german letters arent correctly displayed. Its not something mysterious, its the simple fact that theres more than just the typical, english letters around the world.

But stop asking to change game mechanics because you dont want to/cant use those that are already given to you.

It's mysterious because the developers refuse to patch the games' fonts to display the characters, not some contrived form of ignorance on behalf of players.... one of the Devs even replied to a thread in the general forum with a link to a player made patch to the launcher ffs... /facepalm

There should be a set time where it is harder to pvp to at least make offline raiding harder.

I will create a post about this!

Please read this:

Edited by Shepard_Fury

The best offline protection would be a brutal stone buff plus ship damage immunity when anchored. 

Harbor protection is not working, i sneak or glide where i want and sink a galleon with 3 oil jars and 1 fire arrow.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 6:50 PM, Bonedancer said:

just snipe the npc and you are there

53 minutes ago, colehabo said:

just snipe the npc and you are there

Yep, griefing is still extremely viable and effective. Sniping and flame throwing the NPC crew are way too easy and then your ships are owned. Personally, I feel that offline structures and NPC's should be immune since there is absolutely NO VIABLE solution for offline players. NPC AI is always going to inferior to human intuition and devious designs.

Players have to sleep sometime and by allowing OFFLINE raiding to persist simply f'*cks the small and solo companies as they have fewer numbers and cannot have men on all the time to defend against despicable griefers. So don't go give me the same old rhetoric that offline raiding is realistic.

The only players that will dispute the need for offline raid protection are little kids with no responsibilities, the unemployed and always logged in, or psychos that get their stimulation through offline raiding so they can avoid the real challenge of their prey being able to properly defend themselves. They need the added advantage of players being offline and unable to defend themselves.

I am extremely tired of spending many hours as a solo player only to find my ships sunk be the next day. It is extremely disheartening as I have little control in the matter unless I find a sweet spot off the coast where I can build a boathouse to protect it. It is not always easy on small islands where most of the real estate is already taken and the edges of the island that is in the deep ocean are all that is left.

Edited by vaylain

45 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Yep, griefing is still extremely viable and effective. Sniping and flame throwing the NPC crew are way too easy and then your ships are owned. Personally, I feel that offline structures and NPC's should be immune since there is absolutely NO VIABLE solution for offline players. NPC AI is always going to inferior to human intuition and devious designs.

Players have to sleep sometime and by allowing OFFLINE raiding to persist simply f'*cks the small and solo companies as they have fewer numbers and cannot have men on all the time to defend against despicable griefers. So don't go give me the same old rhetoric that offline raiding is realistic.

The only players that will dispute the need for offline raid protection are little kids with no responsibilities, the unemployed and always logged in, or psychos that get their stimulation through offline raiding so they can avoid the real challenge of their prey being able to properly defend themselves. They need the added advantage of players being offline and unable to defend themselves.

I am extremely tired of spending many hours as a solo player only to find my ships sunk be the next day. It is extremely disheartening as I have little control in the matter unless I find a sweet spot off the coast where I can build a boathouse to protect it. It is not always easy on small islands where most of the real estate is already taken and the edges of the island that is in the deep ocean are all that is left.

right now the playewrs in a small company can not play the game without gettin griefed every single day, having a brigatine (with no canons) cost us almost all day playing and if you log out and come back online it is all gone. Most off the players are in small companys and have this struggle that they cant have shit because when they come online it is all griefed.

Yesterday we defended 4vs(4?) and won so they came back to the island we had given by a large ally just to be destroyed 100% all stone walls everything because we where offline raided by the same guys that we defended off when we where online 98K on EU servers.

and look how many rafts there are in freeport now no new players buy this game because you cant play it only players leave rapidly 

This is not the kind of game to go it alone. You don't need to join huge companies for safety, but you do need to find allies and work with them. Rather than trying to keep a whole area to yourself, find a couple other small companies and cluster together. Work towards building mutual defenses. Find friends from other time zones. You are going to have to play politics in order to survive on a PvP server. That goes for everyone from the smallest to the largest of companies.

On 1/27/2019 at 2:05 PM, Talono said:

No, they are not. Just a few explosive barrels and byebye large stone gate, byebye galleon.

They were....

May as well put this here to

Yeah... well got my base in lawless raided and everything stripped down to stuff that would be totally useless like my cooked fish and meat. I am a solo player who plays as a crazy pirate role-player. I spend my time giving out info, helping others because I weirdly find that fun

Logged on at the tail end of it where they were building another schooner to supplement the 3-4 ships they'd brought to carry away all that I'd spent the last few weeks building up so perhaps I could go try do something different and fun in the game like build a brig and put some cannons on it and try killing some SotD or getting into an exciting battle at sea.

My level 38 weaponless transport Schooner sunk at port, the pair of near cap bears I'd spent great effort in getting? Dead. My horse, my pigs for poop for my farm, my wolf and lion all executed. My Parrot and Monkey which were part of my role-play shtick which I was quite attached to both slaughtered. My Elephants dead along with a couple of others I'd tamed as a gift for a helpful chap dead .All the gold I'd taken weeks to build up so I could maybe hire some NPC crew gone. The 4-5 Parrots I'd tamed as a gift to give to some people I'd met living in the frozen tundra killed

Yeah fuck this and fuck the devs for making this easier with the nerf to stone. Fuck the fact that it was a bunch of Chinese players when I am playing on a server marked EU (not that they were Chinese, the fact that this server is not advertised for that region and I think I am right in having some expectation of an EU player-base on a server advertised as EU that will be largely playing in the hours kept by EU citizens). Even managed to (pointlessly) kill a few of them naked, they were truly terrible with one managing to point blank range shoot his colleague I was punching with a blunderbuss as opposed to me.

Fuck teams that come into lawless with 3-4 ships during work hours to pick on players there and, once again, fuck the devs for encouraging this by nerfing my only protection while offline of having prioritised building up a layers of walls and gates, even had a few puckles up covering all angles inside the inner perimeter. I didn't put up cannon towers etc because this seemed kind of like a dick move to pull in a lawless zone bordering freeports on new players just finding their way. The only reason I even caught any of this happening, albeit far too late as all the above had already happened, was because I had to pop home during my work day to grab something to continue my work day and thought I'd have a quick check on things while I drank a coffee.

Fuck a game that punishes me for having the temerity to sleep or work, it's fucking retarded. To blow through two sets of gates and 4 walls should at least be prohibitively time consuming and expensive, it is neither of these things. It is way easier to knock them down as opposed to putting them up and I'm sure a lot more fun too, not to mention lucrative. I already have a job, I don't need another. It's nothing to do with PvP either, I've played PvP games with persistent worlds and base building 15+ years ago that managed to not put their player-base through this crap. The fact that recent changes have made this worse, when it was bad enough already, feels like a targeted “fuck you” in my face from the dev team to whom I've given my hard earned cash.

Not that I haven't had positive experiences, a few players piped up the other night to say that my crazy role-play antics brightened up their day. I was actually touched that people remembered my sea rescues when everybody was spawning in the centre of the map at the bottom of the ocean and that “I did an amazing pirate voice”.

Bollocks to it, I really haven't the energy or enthusiasm for it anymore.

Oh and to the idiot going on about NPC protection etc, I had an outer and an inner layer of gates in the direction they came from, 4 sets of walls, 6 npc's on puckles, 2 high level bears, a lion, 4 Elephants, 6 pigs, 1 horse and a partridge in a pear tree and it barely slowed about 6 players who were so "leet" I managed to kill 3-4 of them naked with one of them blunderbussing his colleague at point blank range as opposed to me when were both stationary and I'd run out of stamina, am naked, armed with nothing but my fists and he's in full plate. It's not like I even want to build a gigantic fort in the first place, just exist a little beyond spending the first hour of my playtime spawning in a freeport and sailing out of there in a ramshackle sloop you fucking end.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

well said ,  your story resonates with mine :classic_biggrin:

I think the Dev team are all isolated from our kind of play because they focus more on the large groups.. perhaps they need to be forced to play solo for around 100 hours each to see how far they get and the downfalls they encounter playing alone, I think they are far removed from any kind of difficulty's that regular folks encounter.

I personally find Solo play rewarding, its way more difficult but I enjoy the freedom to do what I want when I want without needing permission from the Chief. 

the downside is that I can't ever control a big ship even with NPC's due to the grind , if NPC's could wield weapons that would be helpful, like bow/ arrow or even a spear would be way better than fists.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, xRDx said:

Exactly, but if u choose to fight a galleon by sneaking in (less force than the galleon) then u are taking the risk of fighting something bigger so this is not griefing.....if u choose to kill/wipe lower geard people for no reason this IS NOT pvp that is griefing. As the defanition I posted this is being done just because u know u can (big man syndrome/bulling) to annoy players and is griefing 

nekkid flame arrows and oil jars is the way on official.. if you build a raft its loads of boring.... night after night by the same ppl is greifing. They cant play the game, because nobody accepts those individuals in a company.

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

nekkid flame arrows and oil jars is the way on official.. if you build a raft its loads of boring.... night after night by the same ppl is greifing. They cant play the game, because nobody accepts those individuals in a company.

Personally i prefer explosive barrels over oil jars and flame arrows its faster in my experience. 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:37 PM, Cythera said:

We lost all our ships last night. We build nothing new solong the dont patch anytrhing about it. If its not fixed till weekend i leave the game. 

Where are you so I can get your stuff?

On 2/2/2019 at 8:11 AM, Not Happy said:

May as well put this here to

Yeah... well got my base in lawless raided and everything stripped down to stuff that would be totally useless like my cooked fish and meat. I am a solo player who plays as a crazy pirate role-player. I spend my time giving out info, helping others because I weirdly find that fun

Logged on at the tail end of it where they were building another schooner to supplement the 3-4 ships they'd brought to carry away all that I'd spent the last few weeks building up so perhaps I could go try do something different and fun in the game like build a brig and put some cannons on it and try killing some SotD or getting into an exciting battle at sea.

My level 38 weaponless transport Schooner sunk at port, the pair of near cap bears I'd spent great effort in getting? Dead. My horse, my pigs for poop for my farm, my wolf and lion all executed. My Parrot and Monkey which were part of my role-play shtick which I was quite attached to both slaughtered. My Elephants dead along with a couple of others I'd tamed as a gift for a helpful chap dead .All the gold I'd taken weeks to build up so I could maybe hire some NPC crew gone. The 4-5 Parrots I'd tamed as a gift to give to some people I'd met living in the frozen tundra killed

Yeah fuck this and fuck the devs for making this easier with the nerf to stone. Fuck the fact that it was a bunch of Chinese players when I am playing on a server marked EU (not that they were Chinese, the fact that this server is not advertised for that region and I think I am right in having some expectation of an EU player-base on a server advertised as EU that will be largely playing in the hours kept by EU citizens). Even managed to (pointlessly) kill a few of them naked, they were truly terrible with one managing to point blank range shoot his colleague I was punching with a blunderbuss as opposed to me.

Fuck teams that come into lawless with 3-4 ships during work hours to pick on players there and, once again, fuck the devs for encouraging this by nerfing my only protection while offline of having prioritised building up a layers of walls and gates, even had a few puckles up covering all angles inside the inner perimeter. I didn't put up cannon towers etc because this seemed kind of like a dick move to pull in a lawless zone bordering freeports on new players just finding their way. The only reason I even caught any of this happening, albeit far too late as all the above had already happened, was because I had to pop home during my work day to grab something to continue my work day and thought I'd have a quick check on things while I drank a coffee.

Fuck a game that punishes me for having the temerity to sleep or work, it's fucking retarded. To blow through two sets of gates and 4 walls should at least be prohibitively time consuming and expensive, it is neither of these things. It is way easier to knock them down as opposed to putting them up and I'm sure a lot more fun too, not to mention lucrative. I already have a job, I don't need another. It's nothing to do with PvP either, I've played PvP games with persistent worlds and base building 15+ years ago that managed to not put their player-base through this crap. The fact that recent changes have made this worse, when it was bad enough already, feels like a targeted “fuck you” in my face from the dev team to whom I've given my hard earned cash.

Not that I haven't had positive experiences, a few players piped up the other night to say that my crazy role-play antics brightened up their day. I was actually touched that people remembered my sea rescues when everybody was spawning in the centre of the map at the bottom of the ocean and that “I did an amazing pirate voice”.

Bollocks to it, I really haven't the energy or enthusiasm for it anymore.

Oh and to the idiot going on about NPC protection etc, I had an outer and an inner layer of gates in the direction they came from, 4 sets of walls, 6 npc's on puckles, 2 high level bears, a lion, 4 Elephants, 6 pigs, 1 horse and a partridge in a pear tree and it barely slowed about 6 players who were so "leet" I managed to kill 3-4 of them naked with one of them blunderbussing his colleague at point blank range as opposed to me when were both stationary and I'd run out of stamina, am naked, armed with nothing but my fists and he's in full plate. It's not like I even want to build a gigantic fort in the first place, just exist a little beyond spending the first hour of my playtime spawning in a freeport and sailing out of there in a ramshackle sloop you fucking end.

LOL. I take it your one of them players that leave cute signs outside their base like "I'm Friendly" and "Community Crafting Station".  They are always easy raids such bases. A lot of the time you don't even need to break a wall to get in, the idiot noob forgets to cover the roof, or leaves a door open.

PVP is obviously not suited to you. PVE is the mode to play out your role playing fantasies and build giant pointless aesthetic lag bases.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Haha 1