karenestelle

ships Why are Ships randomly sinking?!

Do ships sink after a certain time period? I lost 3 ships by them just randomly sinking. No one was on them  so I know it wasn't from being over weight . I'm on a private PVE server so I know someone didn't sink them on purpose. All the ships were anchored at my base with full health when they sank . Is this bug or do all ships sink after a certain time ?? 

6 minutes ago, karenestelle said:

Do ships sink after a certain time period? I lost 3 ships by them just randomly sinking. No one was on them  so I know it wasn't from being over weight . I'm on a private PVE server so I know someone didn't sink them on purpose. All the ships were anchored at my base with full health when they sank . Is this bug or do all ships sink after a certain time ?? 

essentially a few things can happen:
1. They are being sunk when you're not around, or without your knowledge. (you said this is unlikely, but I'm just making the list)
2. Someone Lured a SOTD to an area where your boats were.
3. Water tornado's damaged the crap out of them when you were offline.
4. It's taking damage over time from not being anchored.
5. There's a hole somewhere and your ship is taking on water slowly.

There's just a few I have found that I have lost my ships to. 

if none of those are sounding plausible, I'd make a support ticket.

Edited by Asanna
  • Thanks 1

I know of a few ways ships sink from reading the forums.  One is being attacked by animals,  Another is by Attack from another company, using hacks or not.  Docking at a Freeport overnight seems to be a popular one, about 4 hours to sink.  The latest is apparently from the waterspout storms coming closer to shore... This one apparently appeared last week.

Drat, Ninja'd again :classic_cool:

Edited by Hambo
  • Thanks 1

If you are on a PVP server then there is a good chance these mysterious sinkings aren't happening by chance or randomly. All it takes is one naked dude in your ships lower deck with a bunch of flame arrows to sink any ship. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback but I guess I should be more clear in my question. Can a ship sink for old age when it still has full health ? I was standing on the shore when my ship randomly sunk . I was right there so I know nothing attacked it and no one sunk it . This happen 3 times so I thought maybe they just sunk after a certain time being made . 

Are you 100% certain the ships were not touching the ground under them  or any other object, in anyway?  heh. a lot of things, I don't think old age is one of them Unless I mean it says.. 200hp and that is the max of its full health or something after countless repairs .. idk?

• Thanks 1

The ships in general after being released from t he crafting docks take small damage, if you wanna see it as age, that's another way to look at it, but without regular upkeep they might have just had that issue.

• Like 1

Thats really odd.  Have not seen anything like that on official my self.  Theres always some reason.  Either crocks, some random sandbar you didnt see etc.  But anchored that shouldnt matter at all. Are you building more ships when this happens and your going over some ship limit that server has set?  Only thing I could think of atm

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Choppstick said:

Thats really odd.  Have not seen anything like that on official my self.  Theres always some reason.  Either crocks, some random sandbar you didnt see etc.  But anchored that shouldnt matter at all. Are you building more ships when this happens and your going over some ship limit that server has set?  Only thing I could think of atm

Yeah it is weird that it keeps happening that's why I thought I'd ask about it . I don't think I'm going over the limit as I only have 1-2 boats at a time including the ones being built. I heard some other conplaints about ships sinking on my server so maybe it was a bug . I hope it gets fixed before I finished my big ship . Thanks for the feedback 🙂

Theres a number of reasons. If a ship is over crewed, and other players, animals etc count, a ship can sink. I've seen players running around with an army of chickens hopping onto peoples ships (apparently you just tell them to 'go to' and they clip onto the ship, no ramp needed) and over crew the ship and sink it. There's also two over weight bugs people use to add several K of weight to a single player or corps and drag it onto your ship and down it goes.