Sign in to follow this  
Mrwartooth

game.ini file messed up i think? please help

hey anyone reading this so i was messing with level stuff and what not trying to fix high level tames not getting levels and i think i broke player levels i logged in and got a bunch of levels and new engram points but i couldnt get xp anymore i was at level 50 went to 70. and my lvl cap is at 300 so i took out all the text in the game.ini that states xp per level and engrams and such because i know that its not needed i had an old game.ini file so i reloaded it and my level went back to 50 and my engram points went back to normal but i still cant get anymore xp. not sure if this will fix it but i was thinking of deleting the game.ini hopeing it would re-write itself but idk if thatll mess up the server more or not?

so im going to reply to this myself i fixed the issue after testing multiple things i figure it was because i set the level cap from 150 to 300 i dont know why this mad an issue but it did once i turned it back from 300 to 150 the game seemed to work fine i still cannot level up high level tames but me my boat and low tames are getting xp now. on this note though does anyone know how to increase the level cap without bugging out the game?

On 1/15/2019 at 12:11 AM, Mrwartooth said:

so im going to reply to this myself i fixed the issue after testing multiple things i figure it was because i set the level cap from 150 to 300 i dont know why this mad an issue but it did once i turned it back from 300 to 150 the game seemed to work fine i still cannot level up high level tames but me my boat and low tames are getting xp now. on this note though does anyone know how to increase the level cap without bugging out the game?

FYI, some things get hard coded into the redis db and it doesn't necessary get retro-changed when u change the shard ini's, this is different than ARK.  So for testing purposes you'd want to full wipe if you are changing constantly as things may get wonky or redis may get corrupted.  I had similar problems until we wiped redis and started over.