Sign in to follow this  
Leenaya

Best Region For Fiber?

I am in need of a galleon constructions worth of fiber. It doesn't spawn very well in the low desert, just low yield jute. I could farm it that way but it would be no fun.  

I went to the eastern temperate zone and found lots of straw that I brought back home, about 13000 for the 3 reapers I broke. That was enough for the 6 large speed sails. Still need 52 x Gunports and the unknown number of regular planks to go.

I will sail back to temperate if its got the best mix.  Will just have to bring 30 reapers this time. Yes I know I could tame a bear and get it done so much faster. But I dont like bears. Hate them in fact. They eat all the fish.

So long story short, is there a better area than temperate for mass fiber reaping?

I'm in western tropical and can get a galleons worth of hemp in about 45 minutes with a bear, but western tropical is kind of far from low desert

North west tropical is just 2 zones away. I can try that next time I log in. Atm I am logged off because an alpha wolf is on the prowl.

Edit: Also should note that with my sloop with medium speed sail I can get across the entire map in no time. Its so fast I wasnt able to turn away from the shore in time and flipped the boat over into a roll. 3600 damage over and over until the thing sank. Oops. Good thing they are cheap.

Edited by Leenaya

33 minutes ago, Leenaya said:

F13 is shown as south central tundra. Last I heard the tundra had no fiber.

No, that's a very hot dessert... or maybe that was F12, would need to log in to check but feels like there is nothing to do untill they get rid of overspawning SoDs and wolves...

Anyway, try F12 then, might be mistaken, gathered in that place like 60-70k fiber with common sickle in something like few hours.

17 hours ago, Leenaya said:

F13 is shown as south central tundra. Last I heard the tundra had no fiber.

Checked, F13 is not a tundra, is a very hot dessert.