Sign in to follow this  
Hodo

The Lighthouse, what is the point? It is a massive eye sore.

Just to me maybe to others, the lighthouse is just a massive eye sore.  It doesnt really mesh well with anything around it, and it lags out the whole server tile.  Does it really provide any bonus or have a reason?   

Lighthouses are limited to 12 within the region or area. Not sure why you think its the source of lag. Eye sore I get but I don't agree. I've seen many interesting builds under/around the lighthouse as the focal point/center

1 minute ago, Coggage said:

It gathers Taxes, doesn't it?  I think so, anyway.

Thats the tax bank. The lighthouse provides light and looks pretty (or not)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know they were causing massive server lag on some tiles.  That lag went away when they were firebombed.  

In the polar regions it is often foggy and hitting an iceberg pretty much instantly destroys a ship. Lighthouse on our harbor had been quite useful. 

Even when it says its foggy in game, I still dont see the fog.  Could it be a graphics setting issue?

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Even when it says its foggy in game, I still dont see the fog.  Could it be a graphics setting issue?

Dunno which setting it is, but one of em disables fog totally. I play on max settings. Only disable garbage like motion blur and lens flare. 

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

disabling or lowering shadows makes you see no fog.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

disabling or lowering shadows makes you see no fog.

Thanks for the tip, Coming from Ark i automatically set them to low for extra FPS. 

Edited by Wit Pal

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

Just to me maybe to others, the lighthouse is just a massive eye sore.  It doesnt really mesh well with anything around it, and it lags out the whole server tile.  Does it really provide any bonus or have a reason?   

Like most stuff in this game not much though was put into it. Its like a kinder garden class for special needs kids are running the show down at grapeshot. 

• Sad 2

I live in the tundra and it's either foggy or raining with a significant increased SoD spawns it seems. If it wasn't for these light house, I'd probably have more sunk ships by now. You can see it here, me avoiding the storm and atleast knowing where I need to go while avoiding it + the SoDs.KcIr1Y1.jpg

I don't see what you want me to see in your screenshot. Please explain.

12 hours ago, Hodo said:

I know they were causing massive server lag on some tiles.  That lag went away when they were firebombed.  

Correlation is not causation. I’m also extremely skeptical of the notion they cause lag. Have been around several diffferent ones with no noticeable change to FPS.

49 minutes ago, JC67 said:

I don't see what you want me to see in your screenshot. Please explain.

That little white light right next to his ship is the direction he's using to navigate during a storm in the arctic, rather then spinning around int a circle hitting M constantly and hoping you're going the right way.

I love our lighthouse, put it up on top of a huge cliff so we can know where our little peninsula is that has a cove on each side.

12 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Like most stuff in this game not much though was put into it. Its like a kinder garden class for special needs kids are running the show down at grapeshot. 

Yet you played it for 300 hours. 

• Like 2

When you knock these lighthouses out, there is a huge amount of laaag for a few seconds anyway. In general though, I haven't noticed any lag in day to day trips around the islands where a lighthouse has been built.

I think they look good, especially if you are creative and can build up a dock like feature around it.

I dont really see them as useful thoug so other than looks, I couldnt see the point in anyone building one.

7 hours ago, Percieval said:

Yet you played it for 300 hours. 

Many can see the potential but just arnt cut for product testing. They see it as: I gave you money for a shit product let me talk to your manager! 

22 hours ago, Hodo said:

You mean it doesnt mesh well with countless large gates??