Sign in to follow this  
Luneder

All In Favor of Region Lock To Kick the Chinese Out Say I

Agreed, got videos of aimbots, wall hacks etc , reported to steam and atlas and nothing done. 

I say fix the cheating, they arent the only ones to cheat. And to be honest,  is the cheating fundamental issue in this post, not a race.

Asians are welcome in my opinion. I like playing with them.

I’ve heard so many biggoted pos remarks in this game. I feel the racism is an even bigger problem than cheaters. I say “I” to banning racists.

I don’t know how racist posts even last longer than 5 minutes on this forum.

Edited by Bad News Bear
  • Like 1

I'd have to say yes to region locks or maybe for once the dumbass companies making these games would open servers for China. Not all the Chinese wanna play at 300+ ping either I am betting. I am also betting some of them would like to converse with players in game without using google translate.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, Lifedragn said:

I'm generally against region locking. And always against racism. I do believe it makes sense for an Asian server, but let's face it... why would they jump over after being established here so well?

its not racism to give a region such as "Oceanic" like most games do it allows players to have a better game play experience having a server closer to them, if you want to play on another server that's fine I would be pissed off too all the time having to play with crappy ping because I have to choose between two servers half way across the world I had to experience it trying to get to the fountain of youth the first day with a 342 ping playing a game at frame by frame isn't fun. 

On 2/2/2019 at 7:39 AM, Death Strike Gaming said:

its not racism to give a region such as "Oceanic" like most games do it allows players to have a better game play experience having a server closer to them, if you want to play on another server that's fine I would be pissed off too all the time having to play with crappy ping because I have to choose between two servers half way across the world I had to experience it trying to get to the fountain of youth the first day with a 342 ping playing a game at frame by frame isn't fun. 

As mentioned, I'm all for an Asian server. But region locking is a different story. 

On 2/2/2019 at 8:39 AM, Death Strike Gaming said:

It’s racism when you’re targeting a specific group (ethnicity in this post). The ping is not because of where they are, it’s because the servers cannot handle over 60 players without having performance issues. Players from regions far from servers will experience lag based on slow response, but wont affect someone nearby.

Why not lock out Europeans? Or South Americans? -that is precisely what proves this post and everyone supporting it to be racist. Probably ignorant to this fact as well.

Edited by Bad News Bear

On 1/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, Luneder said:

I

LOL.
You really don't know who actually owns Grapeshot and Atlas I'm guessing...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snail_(company)

Suzhou Snail Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (Chinese: 蜗牛 苏州蜗牛数字科技股份有限公司; pinyin: Wōniú sūzhōu wōniú shùzì kējì gǔfèn yǒuxiàn gōngsī), doing business as Snail (Chinese: 蜗牛; pinyin: Wōniú), is a Chinese video game company and a Virtual Network Operator headquartered in Suzhou, China, which has branches Snail Games and Snail Mobile.

Edited by tateybread

You guys, this makes no sense. You guy seem to forget just how MANY Chinese actually live in NA, but still speak their native language. It's not necessarily 'China' that's fighting with you guys. It may actually be American Chinese fighting with you guys. You can't rule out a person just because of their language. Band together (just like we had to do in Life is Feudal) and beat them. That's why they're winning, because we have Americans griefing Americans. Chinese don't do that. WE DO. So, get your big-boy pants on, and strap on your pistols, suck up your pride and arrogance, and WORK TOGETHER. Stop being duche bags to people that are supposed to be your potential allies.

They can only do this if they give players an Oceania server until then of course there will be Chinese playing on NA and EU since they don't have any other option.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:41 PM, Stonedlazy said:

With region locks things get tricky. Because with doing so you run the risk of locking players from AU and NZ out of the NA and EU servers. would be better GS/WC had Asia servers. 

Agreed

On 2/8/2019 at 1:53 PM, Cantore said:

You guys, this makes no sense. You guy seem to forget just how MANY Chinese actually live in NA, but still speak their native language. It's not necessarily 'China' that's fighting with you guys. It may actually be American Chinese fighting with you guys. You can't rule out a person just because of their language. Band together (just like we had to do in Life is Feudal) and beat them. That's why they're winning, because we have Americans griefing Americans. Chinese don't do that. WE DO. So, get your big-boy pants on, and strap on your pistols, suck up your pride and arrogance, and WORK TOGETHER. Stop being duche bags to people that are supposed to be your potential allies.

The problem send to be that they don't fight each other. They have just formed a huge mega - alliance which forces everyone to make this a 'China' issue. 

If ctsg was 4 alliances instead of 1 that actually competed with each other then no one would care.   The rest of us just want a small medium company that fights everyone. 

Personally, I don't want to do as you suggest and 'band together' to fight them. The imperialistic behaviour that we all have to adopt to play these games is counter productive and if anything feeds into the narrative that we all hate the Chinese, we don't. We just want to have our small /medium company and compete against whoever happens to come to our region without having to worry about being server capped and wiped by a mega alliance..... 

• Thanks 1

Yes. They need to cheat to win. Fighting some guys on my island. My health declines for no reason, and I am unable to craft beds. But get this, only after they destroy all my boats and everyone else on the island. I have no flags so I need to make beds to put on a ramshackle sloop. Pfft game is already dead from ignorant devs. Loved ArK, same sort of issues. Never again.

After what i went through on Official by a cheater group, i agree however the map will be rather small and owned by the remaining mega tribes. So id rather they work on a AC engine to help ban those dupers and cheaters. I am fed up by games that do not do enough for us. Its gotten to the point i stopped buying games all together on steam and you guys should too.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:30 PM, Smash said:

The problem send to be that they don't fight each other. They have just formed a huge mega - alliance which forces everyone to make this a 'China' issue. 

If ctsg was 4 alliances instead of 1 that actually competed with each other then no one would care.   The rest of us just want a small medium company that fights everyone. 

Personally, I don't want to do as you suggest and 'band together' to fight them. The imperialistic behaviour that we all have to adopt to play these games is counter productive and if anything feeds into the narrative that we all hate the Chinese, we don't. We just want to have our small /medium company and compete against whoever happens to come to our region without having to worry about being server capped and wiped by a mega alliance..... 

I get what you're saying, and again, I should point out that in Life is Feudal, we had the SAME ISSUE. We want to fight each other for fun. We would STILL do that, but we were organized about it. Meaning this: Those that are on the 'front-lines' ALWAYS fighting the Chinese would get our assistance beating back the Chinese. Once the Chinese were defeated, we had a lot of fun fighting amongst our various smaller alliances.

Keeping in mind it's PvP, you still have to wonder why we fight our front-liners while not confronting the actual problem of the Chinese in the first place. THAT's the part that I think needs to change in NA in order to withstand the imperialism of the Chinese alliances. You can't have 1 or 2 companies taking ALL the beating while we sit back and fight the NA too saying it's "their problem, don't be salty". Your argument makes no sense in that regard. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is: We REALLY need to be more organized amongst our alliances. Band two or more alliances and flank-hit them at the same time in two different tiles. It always works because they come to the aid of one, while the other gets wiped.

Edited by Cantore

47 minutes ago, Cantore said:

I get what you're saying, and again, I should point out that in Life is Feudal, we had the SAME ISSUE. We want to fight each other for fun. We would STILL do that, but we were organized about it. Meaning this: Those that are on the 'front-lines' ALWAYS fighting the Chinese would get our assistance beating back the Chinese. Once the Chinese were defeated, we had a lot of fun fighting amongst our various smaller alliances.

Keeping in mind it's PvP, you still have to wonder why we fight our front-liners while not confronting the actual problem of the Chinese in the first place. THAT's the part that I think needs to change in NA in order to withstand the imperialism of the Chinese alliances. You can't have 1 or 2 companies taking ALL the beating while we sit back and fight the NA too saying it's "their problem, don't be salty". Your argument makes no sense in that regard. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is: We REALLY need to be more organized amongst our alliances. Band two or more alliances and flank-hit them at the same time in two different tiles. It always works because they come to the aid of one, while the other gets wiped.

We dont want atlas to turn into Life is Feudal its already too much time spent, anymore and ill put the game up for good. You can spend 80 hr work weeks just trying to get things done and protecting your base, stuff. Its already time taxing as it is.

Fair enough SneakyDude, I've just got a difference of opinion, and so have you.

Edited by Cantore