Sign in to follow this  
Luneder

All In Favor of Region Lock To Kick the Chinese Out Say I

With region locks things get tricky. Because with doing so you run the risk of locking players from AU and NZ out of the NA and EU servers. would be better GS/WC had Asia servers. 

I think Asian server (just like we have an EU server) is the best solution. If your IP address does not originate from a certain area (or your steam ID)  then you cant play on the NA/EU servers. There may be ways around this too but its a start. I saw the problem first hand yesterday. One Chinese player with a brigantine and 2 tamed bears in tow literally spammed the entire island i was on  with thatch foundations. The player likely made them somewhere else and loaded the ship with them.  

Just give them their own server, it is literally a no brainer to find a solution to the problem of Asian p[layers creating lag spikes. The fact grapeshit haven't done it is proof that it is a no brainer, because we all know how fucking incompetent these devs are.

I don't join a server with a designation of North America to then be told to learn Chinese or die. Region lock China sure. Me learn Spanish sure..se habla espanol. poly vou france ok ill learn. Chinese no fuck off get yer own server ya laggy ghosting pricks. No offense to the good non hacking Chinese players, i'd be the same if it were English folks playing in China because your pings are horrid which effect everyone on the server.

Merge EU and NA and let the mayhem begin...

Also allow one server for people to cheat on, then ban the people that go there to cheat

Edited by Bad News Bear

I rather region lock certain parts of the US as I cannot stand them.
Also, what about Nigerian princes? Shouldn't we region block Afrika before they start taking our gold?
And, while we are at it, just block all Germans, no matter where they live.

I love to be able to exclude humans from this game, it's just that we cannot know from a region what kind of person it is. It's a fact most assholes or from NA but region blocking NA from NA PVP doesn't seem like a good idea.

• Like 1

I'm generally against region locking. And always against racism. I do believe it makes sense for an Asian server, but let's face it... why would they jump over after being established here so well?

• Like 1

Nay. I play with some Chinese companies, and some American companies. And I will tell you what the Chinese companies are willing to drop everything they are doing to come to my company's aid. The Americans can't seem to be bothered. 

So no they are fine. How about reaching out to them instead of just assuming they are bad because you can't speak the same language.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Putts said:

Nay. I play with some Chinese companies, and some American companies. And I will tell you what the Chinese companies are willing to drop everything they are doing to come to my company's aid. The Americans can't seem to be bothered. 

So no they are fine. How about reaching out to them instead of just assuming they are bad because you can't speak the same language.

you are not in a small company. when you play in 1 and you defend 3vs3 and you win to just see them come back with 30 or more just to destroy everything

and hear them scream in bad english FUCK YOU FUCK AMERICA, you wanted them to fuck off

9 hours ago, colehabo said:

you are not in a small company. when you play in 1 and you defend 3vs3 and you win to just see them come back with 30 or more just to destroy everything

and hear them scream in bad english FUCK YOU FUCK AMERICA, you wanted them to fuck off

Then get more allies

Chinese parent company. Not going to happen.
In this game, you are PvE content for Chinese players, to offline wipe you every night. That's also not going to change.

Edited by tateybread

Its like this.

You CANT Region lock china.

The Chinese want to play on western servers,   even if they had there own - they would still play on the EU US server.

Block an IP Address from china connecting to the EU/NA PVP server, they can just use a VPN. Same with the SteamID,  you can just change the region in steam use a vpn.

come on guys stop making these shitty posts its embarrassing -  KILL THEM AT THE GAME.   dont winge on the forums like some looser.

That is all 

You'd be more likely to hinder the chinese by naming all of your ships after censored chinese words and having the great firewall handle it than you would getting a company to cut its own funding line...

That said, the alliance I belong to has been under siege for a good week and a half or more and have been holding them back. The largest group of us is mid-size at best. But we've been doing what we can to help and support each other. We've lost stuff, sure. But we've more than returned the damage.

• Like 1