Sign in to follow this  
bandhelix

Atlas Social Media

If I'm being honest I'm already getting tired of really only seeing the odd patch announcement on twitter or smoke being blown up some Twitch streamers backside in a game promotion sense...and I don't believe I'm the only one with that thought.
Sure appeasing everyone on a social media front for a game so early in development is impossible but we all know where to go if we want to watch someone else play the game...but some of us are trying to play the game ourselves and seeing more about the game or what other ACTUAL community members are doing in it (Twitchers aren't community normally, just playing for self growth before moving onto the next new thing).

When it comes to seeing posts about what's going down with the game, bugs that are being squashed / investigated, occasional base build screenshots being praised, ship decoration competition / community aimed involvement which 'may' help the frustrations of so many players or heavens forbid a response to a disgruntled supporter (who's asked a reasonable question or raised a reasonable point without saying the game is trash or posting profanity etc)...there are zero (and only a small percentage will come to the forums for it).

ship decoration competition / community aimed involvement which 'may' help the frustrations

...I mean, you have the 'show and tell' thread, is it so hard to brighten some of our days with the odd re-post of something from there onto social media where many of us use on a daily basis...to see the devs care about their community enough to take a few minutes to show the respect and brighten whoever submitted somethings day up when hundreds or thousands of people see their creation?...no, instead we get;

Pathfinders, 
We're currently redeploying our Official Network to v66.6. 
This update will enable allow pirates to blow bubbles while drunk. 
Thank you!

...or some streamer and his buddies sailing to the YMCA with a totally unflattering, out of times, out of tune guy singing along.

^This.

I'd rather be notified when this whole BattlEye fiasco is figured out.

I keep attempting to reinstall Atlas every day (2 and counting) and applying the guesses that are suggested in the Bug thread before uninstalling and deleting everything for a fresh attempt in the morning (I will try anything short of an OS reload. My other software works just fine, thank you).  I do have to say that Listening to my favorite streamer and reinstalling Atlas whjile sipping my morning coffee isn't the worst way to waste time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hambo said:

I do have to say that Listening to my favorite streamer and reinstalling Atlas whjile sipping my morning coffee isn't the worst way to waste time.

It's not the worst way. I am an avid Twitch watcher and dabble myself but for games that are further along their development / release and are worthy of the airing and advertisement. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Atlas with currently 172 hours on record but smoke up streamers backsides isn't helping the community frustration on matters like PvE flag capture failures or people griefing others folks ships...if anything its helping fuel them.

Your situation for example; you may be loving watching people stream the game while you can't get it working with the install issues but at the same time you may also be ripping your appendage off in frustration that the people you see can get access but you can't (as i'm assuming big streamers still have access to their own cluster...unsure?).

1 minute ago, bandhelix said:

It's not the worst way. I am an avid Twitch watcher and dabble myself but for games that are further along their development / release and are worthy of the airing and advertisement. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving Atlas with currently 172 hours on record but smoke up streamers backsides isn't helping the community frustration on matters like PvE flag capture failures or people griefing others folks ships...if anything its helping fuel them.

Your situation for example; you may be loving watching people stream the game while you can't get it working with the install issues but at the same time you may also be ripping your appendage off in frustration that the people you see can get access but you can't (as i'm assuming big streamers still have access to their own cluster...unsure?).

I just listen to the streamer, who actually mostly plays Minecraft :classic_cool:.  Sometimes they try other games and that is how I discovered Atlas, from his stream of his first character.

I start the reinstallation from Steam while I read these forums in case REAL fix is posted, then go on to read any email and check my daily dose of on-line strip comics.  I stopped watching Atlas streams after the first couple turned out to not be intended for someone wanting to learn about the game 😎