What crows eat?, wiki says fruits... but they can be tammed with more than just fruits like berries and earthworms. Just wanted a comfirmation. (Also, where to find earthworms?)

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Dig in the dirt with a shovel for earthworms, the other I don’t know.

Never got earthworms, had stones, thatch, fiber, gold coins, flint but never earthworms.

Patch notes said Crows can be tamed with Worms, Fruits and Berries.  I've dug a LOT in Atlas and never had a single worm.  I found what Nightstrasza found with the addition of a few Potatoes and a few Salt, depending where I dig, but that's it.

2 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Patch notes said Crows can be tamed with Worms, Fruits and Berries.  I've dug a LOT in Atlas and never had a single worm.  I found what Nightstrasza found with the addition of a few Potatoes and a few Salt, depending where I dig, but that's it.

Tamed but asking about what they eat after being tamed, only fruits?, bcs of so, there is no listed on wiki fruit existing on tundra so don't know what's the point of them spawning here. That's why asking if that's if wiki is imcoplete and we can actualy feed them berries too ater tamed or should just forget about crows.

Ah, right, I get you now.  I doubt anyone knows, to be honest.  I've never seen a Crow or an Earthworm yet.  You may as well tame one and find out.  🙂

Just now, Rakwuerm said:

I dig easy earthworms green ground easy going 

I have dug for Water many, many times in those areas, both by hand and by Shovel, and never found an Earthworm.  What type of Zone were you in?  Temperate?  Tropical?

59 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Ah, right, I get you now.  I doubt anyone knows, to be honest.  I've never seen a Crow or an Earthworm yet.  You may as well tame one and find out.  🙂

Crows are tier 2 animals... for whatever reason, not 1, and getting tamming tier 2 is not just put extra points into second tier of taming, we actualy have to take breeding, riding, commands, jsut all those basic things + 2 tiers of riding... just to tame 1 animal that doesn't need ANY OF THAT. Too many points to waste for such thing and discovery points even ater having 20+ didn't give eve a single +1 max lvl and not gonna nor ever propably will discover even a 1/10 of world with all those SoDs blocking the way, not to mention we need so many o those discovery points to get anything that it would take an entire world discovered.

Got earthworms on lawless I think m4 or 5 eastern temperate. Grassy areas. In my experience using a shovel, areas that yield salt and areas that yield earthworms are two different types, they can be right next to each other, but they are different.

Edited by boomervoncannon

1 hour ago, Nightstrasza said:

Crows are tier 2 animals... for whatever reason, not 1, and getting tamming tier 2 is not just put extra points into second tier of taming, we actualy have to take breeding, riding, commands, jsut all those basic things + 2 tiers of riding... just to tame 1 animal that doesn't need ANY OF THAT.

That's a very good point, actually.  I have Taming skills up to Tier 3 but haven't bothered Taming anything yet, because they take 20 to 30 minutes to tame and about the same number of seconds (or less!) to die.  I keep hoping I'll see that they fixed it so Tames are worth the bother, so I haven't respecced yet and got rid of the points, but I'll probably end up doing so.  Mind you, what to spend the refunded Taming points on?  Cooking is all but useless, as are Melee, Armour, Farming, Medicine and Firearms (fire arrows FTW) .  😄

4 minutes ago, Coggage said:

That's a very good point, actually.  I have Taming skills up to Tier 3 but haven't bothered Taming anything yet, because they take 20 to 30 minutes to tame and about the same number of seconds (or less!) to die.  I keep hoping I'll see that they fixed it so Tames are worth the bother, so I haven't respecced yet and got rid of the points, but I'll probably end up doing so.  Mind you, what to spend the refunded Taming points on?  Cooking is all but useless, as are Melee, Armour, Farming, Medicine and Firearms (fire arrows FTW) .  😄

Dunno, maybe captain or sailing stuff...so the crew is cheaper, ship decays less, dunno. We still have gun perks... even tho using like 0-10 bullets per day only, mostly for vultures bcs worthless against anything else.

You can get earthworms in tundra and polar from any dig point that gives fiber. Just keep digging. (Peat, hemp, earthworms dig point.) 

I believe crow on shoulder gives intelligence buff which increases blueprint crafted item stats. 

Captaincy tree is amazing. Decrease ship decay rate. Decrease sinking speed. Increase sail turn speed. Increase sail open / close speed. Two activated cannon reload skills. (I can fire first three broadside in about six seconds.) Plus cheaper to feed and pay NPC's. 

6 minutes ago, TheSzerdi said:

You can get earthworms in tundra and polar from any dig point that gives fiber. Just keep digging. (Peat, hemp, earthworms dig point.) 

I believe crow on shoulder gives intelligence buff which increases blueprint crafted item stats. 

Captaincy tree is amazing. Decrease ship decay rate. Decrease sinking speed. Increase sail turn speed. Increase sail open / close speed. Two activated cannon reload skills. (I can fire first three broadside in about six seconds.) Plus cheaper to feed and pay NPC's. 

Yeah, the decay and sinking are good, however didn't put perks into crew yet, being lvl 48 already and considering discovery points give nothing realy (didn't even get 1 extra lvl so far).

As or the crow, yeah, looking at the wiki, however from dierent post about bps op said there that with 200+ inteligence they got only 1,3% increase so guess the usefullness of inteligence is none, never crafted from bp wiht inteligence hgiher than 100% so have no own point for comparison.

19 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Yeah, the decay and sinking are good, however didn't put perks into crew yet, being lvl 48 already and considering discovery points give nothing realy (didn't even get 1 extra lvl so far).

As or the crow, yeah, looking at the wiki, however from dierent post about bps op said there that with 200+ inteligence they got only 1,3% increase so guess the usefullness of inteligence is none, never crafted from bp wiht inteligence hgiher than 100% so have no own point for comparison.

I have 94 discovery points and my max level is 55. (There are over 1700 discovery points possible. Killing a whale for first time gives instant 50 points. Also, loot whale corpse for 1000+ gold.) 

I have 120% intelligence and my blueprint crafted items usually have about 1% bonus. Not sure how much my cannon reload skill cool downs are reduced. 

44 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Worms, they are pretty easy with the Plunder Talent!

They eat worms? ok..., well, that's a bit of investment to grab that digging perk... just for worms.

I'm sure they eat berries after tame, like most other things what they eat after tame is the basic crap like meat/fish/berries

Just now, Nezz said:

Could anyone share known Crow locations? The wiki is pretty scarce.

E14 100%, seen them in other places but since not being sure can't realy tell, maybe all tundras since E14 is tundra an traveling inside cold biomes... but yeah E14 100%.