Sign in to follow this  
Virkatjol

Taming Process

I want to know the thoughts behind making horses aggressive tames.

I own 3 horses and i can tell you if i beat them, tied them up and force fed them they wouldn't want to be a good horse for me.

The beating an animal into low health tying it up and force feeding it is not fun.

I get that you didn't want to be Ark again. But maybe non aggressive animals like - horses, elephants, birds, bulls and bears could be moved to passive tames? You still need to put in the time and follow them around and protect them from creatures. It's still can take time. 

It just makes me feel icky taming things this way. As a lover of creatures.

It makes no difference to me personally because shooting them to weaken them is no different to me than shooting them for XP, Resources or just because they're in the way.  It lacks a certain elegance though.  I think a Lasso would be a good idea, or "Tether Arrows" as in Dark and Light, where the animal is shot with an arrow that drops Stamina (and only Stamina) and as it hits the animal you click on the ground to tether the line attached to the arrow.  Pulling against the tether (it might take several tethers) further exhausts the animal until it drops to the ground, after which Taming can commence.

There was nothing wrong with Narcoberries as in Ark taming though, to be honest.  They should have just gone with that, really.

• Like 1