Sign in to follow this  
Lukas1987

Remove structure limit build on ships

Im making a cruise line of my galleon.The more i build the more ideas i get but unfortunately im limited by number of structures that are allowed per platform. The problem is,if you reach limit on one platform,you are not allowed to build on any other platform.I am not even 40% of the stock ship weight and i cant build anymore.If they dont remove limit if thats even possible please dont bother building nice ships with amazing interiors and hopefully wait for a change.

If this is not engine limited,please remove structure limit and instead let it counts toward ship weight limit like it is right now.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Shintai said:

The limit needs to stay, however the limit may need to be raised on the galleon.

Raised a lot. 

To make a thread like this suggests you know little to nothing about how games must work in a multiplayer environment. You simply cannot have infinite anything for network and performance reasons. If the game was to allow a ship with a thousand buildings on it then anytime any other player renders that ship the server has to pass to that player all the information of where each building part is located, what type it is, what its health is, what color it is painted. The more players you have trying to load this floating pile of lag then the worse it gets.

There is also the issue of memory and the limits of player's computers. Some folks live in poor countries with crap internet and play on a crap computer. If they were to load some monstrosity their game would likely crash and maybe even their computer too. 

I suggest the opposite : Limit customisation.

All these one-shot-everything frontloaded creations hurt my eyes, my feelings as a sailor... and physics !

Limit cannons to side position and maybe 2 front and rear. So historical accurate.

25 minutes ago, Talono said:

All these one-shot-everything frontloaded creations hurt my eyes, my feelings as a sailor... and physics !

Limit cannons to side position and maybe 2 front and rear. So historical accurate.

we need a screenshot contest for the ugliest creation.

I can understand de limit in contrast with performance but the limit is to low there are so many good designs that can now not be build because of this limit. remove or make te limiit higher 

46 minutes ago, Talono said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the introduction of physics/capsizing when it comes to ship design. Having all the guns in one spot should affect the handling and balance of a ship and in extreme cases maybe even capsize it.

This is a swings and roundabouts affair. 

On one hand, some of the monstrosities are hideous, but if they caved and removed such customisation, then that would remove one of the more interesting elements of strategic gameplay. As at the moment, you never know what you’re going to face, and some very clever people have made some very clever designs that although may not be realistic, from a gameplay point of view, provide an interesting and exciting challenge to those that encounter them. 

My point is, realism isn’t always a good thing. 

If it was a priority they may as well restrict us to generic ships. If they did that it would be a poor and backwards design decision. 

They can add uniqueness and customization in other ways than that. Not really backwards design, just a lack of foresight that people would make designs that should hinder the ships performance due to the way it's built. The ship decks should have a build height limit of 1 floor above the deck, maybe 2 at the stern and bow as long as its not getting into the rigging of the sails I am not against a line of guns on the upper deck that is fine. Some of the multi story artillery designs on the top deck, stern, bow, starboard and larboard are a bit silly and should have never been allowed from the start. Same for cannons through doors and npcs firing from under the angled roof pieces while not being able to be directly fired at. Cool designs, yes, balanced, no. The lower decks shouldn't have any limits, if you want to build a ton of walls etc I see no problem load that ship down with walls etc. I would love to see a cargo door of some sort. Hoping in the long term it might be possible to open a large door and load big tames into the hull of a ship to a degree or at least to half of it is on the mid deck and the head is sticking out the top. And tier 2 and lower tames could be loaded  into lower decks but you could still close the cargo hold during transit.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Well, i dont think this should be possible.

https://goo.gl/images/XVVHVQ

That wouldnt be bad if he did it on both sides.  

The worst one is the one where he put 21 guns on the front of a schooner.  That one looks stupid as hell.

I also just hate the look of the large cannon but that is another thing all together. 

I can understand the issues with unlimited building but currently its hard to even do a lot with the galleon because such a big chunk of your limit is chewed up by ceilings and other necessary components to fill out the deck from what I've seen. Its the same with the harsh crew limits a newly built ship generally has just enough crew for all canons, the best sail configuration and you which means a seagull landing on  your deck is enough to start the ship sinking (happened to our group a few times) and increasing crew limits is usually less than 1 per point so you need to levels for seagull protection or to add a tame, second player. Wild animals landing on our ships should not count to our crew limit.

Edited by Senkoau

4 minutes ago, Senkoau said:

Я могу понять проблемы с неограниченным строительством, но в настоящее время трудно даже многое сделать с галеоном, потому что такой большой кусок вашего лимита пережевывается потолками и другими необходимыми компонентами, чтобы заполнить колоду из того, что я видел. То же самое и с жесткими ограничениями экипажа. У недавно построенного корабля, как правило, достаточно экипажа для всех канонов, наилучшей конфигурации паруса, и вы, что означает, что посадка чайки на вашей палубе достаточна, чтобы затопить корабль (случалось с нашей группой несколько раз) ) и увеличение лимита экипажа, как правило, составляет менее 1 на очко, поэтому вам необходимо пройти уровни для защиты чайки или добавить ручного второго игрока.

Seagulls have sunk more ships than naval battles...

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

7 hours ago, Talono said:

Lies.

Sailors do not have feelings. They have tattoos. The reason their bicep tells you who they love is because you’ll never hear it uttered aloud.

7 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

To make a thread like this

But you are fine with loading 300 + sloops and other things in FoY? You dont meet quite often large ships,so limit should haev been removed and only count towards weight

1 hour ago, xXDeathXx said:

The limit should be the weight not placement limits. 

Nah, i think weight needs to be more. Just limit cannons.

The dev said they want players to not just settle on land bases, but live on their ships, limiting weight would kill that straight away.

So i agree with the OP, if they wish to make ships a place players can live on, they need to allow a lot more customization and more weight and just limit how many cannons you can place depending on the ship size.

Love NP, but those ships are just stupid haha.

Also, if anyone noticed?????

ship.png.d430f724f0d2450666b02077d76067f9.png

Edited by Herasea

I don't expect that the airship will be part of the official game, it was included in the dev kit announcements.

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

There should be a limit to the amount of guns you can put on a ship because yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. 

I think the only limit should be your imagination and the max weight on the ship.  If you cant think of it then dont be mad at those who did.  

I agree those are some ugly designs, but so is the A-10 Thunderbolt II, it isnt called the warthog because it wins beauty contests.