Sign in to follow this  
Scratt136

Spawn points on MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

Seems the spawn points are on maximum overdrive. Will have 10 wolves spawn in. I can Kill them all, then within minutes 10 more wovles spawn in, along with two crocks and two tigers. Cannot get outside of my own base long enough now to gather the resources necessary to continue killing to at least gain XP. This is making it impossible to play. What gives?

• Like 3

I’m hopeing that a reduction in spawn frequency and land animal count would free up resources for the server and client.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scratt136 said:

Seems the spawn points are on maximum overdrive. Will have 10 wolves spawn in. I can Kill them all, then within minutes 10 more wovles spawn in, along with two crocks and two tigers. Cannot get outside of my own base long enough now to gather the resources necessary to continue killing to at least gain XP. This is making it impossible to play. What gives?

That's what several of us have been saying practically since the game was released, but it seems this isn't one of their priorities. They nerfed crocs and sea creatures which is good, but that was only part of the problem. I've been dealing with wolves and even one is OP, let alone a pack of them. The only way you can get away from them is deep water, which isn't always a solution you can arrive at before they kill you, which happens damn quick. 

On the flip side, wolves make really good tames, if you don't mind having to die multiple times to trap and tame them, they're worth the trouble. A single tame wolf can take on multiple wild, (non-alpha), wolves. 

I think the biggest problem is that aggressive Animals work together, which is stupid.

If different races would fight each other, like wolfs vs. lions, this problem would be easy solved.

They've said this game isn't supposed to focus on the animals. Cut the spawn rate and max population in half. Would help out the servers too. 

10 minutes ago, TheSzerdi said:

They've said this game isn't supposed to focus on the animals. Cut the spawn rate and max population in half. Would help out the servers too. 

Would say, a 80% cut spawn ratio would be good point. But not or all islands, not sure why, but some islands have 3 wolves per minute (our island), but literaly the same grid but neighbour island have barely any predators, still more than temperate or dessert maps we visited but something like 1 predator every 3 minutes. Reduction of animal spawn rate also would make so meat is less common and so taming would be needed for sustained food income on ovepopulated islands, since right now... we throw 3/4 of meat we get or we just don't gather half of wolves we kill... and we don't even eat passie animals, we literaly have enough food to feed self from 1/4 of wolves that spawn.

Edited by Nightstrasza
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaSaLe said:

Just wanted to clear the coast, but then... so ridiculous

20190118183554_1d6j5m.jpg

Who uses guns those days?, especialy the slowest to reload one? Stone age is way to go... but yeah, there is no way clearing that no matter what, unless there is some boulder to jump on or ocean.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:06 PM, SaSaLe said:

I think the biggest problem is that aggressive Animals work together, which is stupid.

If different races would fight each other, like wolfs vs. lions, this problem would be easy solved.

Bingo!

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Bingo!

Not realy. What about islands that only have 1 predator. Our island have full wolves, very rarely scorpions and seen only 1 or 2 rattles on the greenier parts of the shore. Did never dare to scout deep into the islan as dying already behind the first mountain but seen there giant snakes however they never got out to the shore.