Sign in to follow this  
twixie

Stop chinese or they will kill the game

on PVE    region E11       SirensCall

a chinese tribe sunk every type boat harbored there

they graple hook 1 overcumbered guy on ships and sink them we lost 5 ships ( 1 galleon  2 briggs and some other )

our alliance tribe using the same harbor lost 4 brigs and some other ships not to mention all the other tribes there ships

tribe is called   alan lee (ingame name) liyuanjun93 (steam name) with the company name hailong regiment

other guy steam name is gabilaoli

Edited by twixie
  • Sad 3

Yeah dude this is Grimm news, but we have had the exact same thing just happen on EU PVE N4.

Nornear chain has just had near a dozen ships sunk in front of my eyes!

its obscene that this glitch is still not fixed! Whats the point in playing PVE and spending the time building something like a Brig or a Galleon, if someone can just use a simple glitch and sink it all in front of your eyes!

How is this not a critical bug yet nowhere really mentioned by the devs is super frustrating... 

• Like 2

The devs simply state 'Fixed exploits' in the patch notes, but give no details. Clearly this isn't one of the exploits they fixed last patch <_<

I'm literally just not playing anymore til they fix this (And havn't played for a week or two now), there is no point building boats if they're just going to get sunk while you're offline and can't even defend yourself

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

We lost three ships and our neighbors saw the chinese doing it.   They spawned a bunch of metal to overload a guy.  After they were sunk they picked the wrecks clean.   As someone who loves this game I am very disappointed this hasn't been fixed yet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

You should post all of this to the Chinese media ministry. Grapeshot will never region lock because they’re super greedy and owned by a Chinese parent company (Snail). However, the ministry in China is mandated to not allow Chinese people to engage in online activity that damages the reputation of China. (amongst a list of other violations) Having the game banned in China by the Chinese govt. is much more likely than getting Grapeshot to region lock.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:32 AM, RyuujinZERO said:

The devs simply state 'Fixed exploits' in the patch notes, but give no details. Clearly this isn't one of the exploits they fixed last patch <_<

I'm literally just not playing anymore til they fix this (And havn't played for a week or two now), there is no point building boats if they're just going to get sunk while you're offline and can't even defend yourself

I tested on a private server, it wasn't something fixed.  Still can easily just carry a bunch of weight onto an enemy ship and sink it with almost zero effort

NA PVE Server, region M8. Agroed a ghost ship onto my galleon and stripped it of its resources. Company name "Dendroapis Polylepis." Individuals involved Alice Wei, Dub Tang, Pathfinder G. Ban these scumbags. Altas is deleting my steam posts - they do not want to admit this. Great game ruined by uncaring devs.

Hey guys,

I know there's a lot of animosity towards the Chinese Companies. They have animosity towards us (for whatever reason - could be nationalistic in nature). There's a few things we need to consider about the Chinese:
1) They routinely are KNOWN to hack and use glitches within a game in order to achieve their desired outcome quickly. They are NOT 'soft' players like we are, in that many of us don't TRY to break the game to find its limitations and exploit those limitations.

2) The Chinese Companies ALWAYS band together as one unit, even if there's 500 Companies. They don't squabble and fight amongst themselves like we do. Their weakness however is that, due to there numbers, they lack solid mature leadership, and are generally easier to beat in terms of tactical strategy (in a PvP setting).

3) The Chinese are (hate to say it but...) "invaluable" for finding Early Access bugs and exploits, since we often gripe about them after those game-breaking exploits are used on us by a culture that is USED to testing these limitations within software.

In essence, the reason why Chinese players are not excluded is not ONLY about money. It's about what they bring to a game like this that makes the game stronger (as a result of fixed exploits), and how they cause us to band together to Ally, strategize, and ultimately become better players. 

I get the whole "Well, it's PvE here, and they shouldn't be attacking anyone!" argument. But, if they didn't do it, the devs wouldn't know about it. I mean, who among us hate another player base so much that they try any means to exploit until they can sink a ship?? I don't think that way. I just try to enjoy the game! 

Just thinking outside the box on this one, as I've played in many MMO's where eventually the Chinese were defeated from the MMO because we banded together and out-strategized them, or their exploits were fixed. Give it time, you'll see.

• Like 2

I think if you have specific companies griefng you, you should say that instead of talking about "the chinese".

In the lawless zone I'm in, we have a number of Chinese guilds that don't bother anyone at all.  We also have a couple Japanese guilds, some Spanish-speaking guilds and some who sound Brit.  None of these people are bothering anybody, and you can sometimes get a good response in chat if they have members on who speak English.  (And yes, Brits, we are two people divided by a common language) 🙂

There are some griefers in our zone, and they are clearly American boyz,  borrowing lingo from the American south, as well as 1920s New York.

I doubt any of our Chinese guys read the forums, but if they do, I figured it would be good to stick up for them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthraxian said:

NA PVE Server, region M8. Agroed a ghost ship onto my galleon and stripped it of its resources. Company name "Dendroapis Polylepis." Individuals involved Alice Wei, Dub Tang, Pathfinder G. Ban these scumbags. Altas is deleting my steam posts - they do not want to admit this. Great game ruined by uncaring devs.

Ghost ships dont attack anchored ships, nor do they come close to beaches.
So, you did something wrong.

And sorry: But i think youre not special enough that someone would delete your steam posts. There is tons of bad reviews about Atlas on Steam, and you really think that they delete YOUR posts, instead of the mass of other bad posts? Seriously. Grow up.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:57 PM, Dingiva said:

Ghost ships dont attack anchored ships, nor do they come close to beaches.
So, you did something wrong.

And sorry: But i think youre not special enough that someone would delete your steam posts. There is tons of bad reviews about Atlas on Steam, and you really think that they delete YOUR posts, instead of the mass of other bad posts? Seriously. Grow up.

Lol your a special Kind of stupid if you think ghost ships cant be brought in. Its all over these forums.... LOL

On 1/15/2019 at 2:30 PM, Winter Thorne said:

I think if you have specific companies griefng you, you should say that instead of talking about "the chinese".

In the lawless zone I'm in, we have a number of Chinese guilds that don't bother anyone at all.  We also have a couple Japanese guilds, some Spanish-speaking guilds and some who sound Brit.  None of these people are bothering anybody, and you can sometimes get a good response in chat if they have members on who speak English.  (And yes, Brits, we are two people divided by a common language) 🙂

There are some griefers in our zone, and they are clearly American boyz,  borrowing lingo from the American south, as well as 1920s New York.

I doubt any of our Chinese guys read the forums, but if they do, I figured it would be good to stick up for them.

Sorry It sounds like a duck its a fraking duck.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:56 PM, Cantore said:

I get the whole "Well, it's PvE here, and they shouldn't be attacking anyone!" argument. But, if they didn't do it, the devs wouldn't know about it. I mean, who among us hate another player base so much that they try any means to exploit until they can sink a ship?? I don't think that way. I just try to enjoy the game! 

There is a group on A11 who is pretty close to pulling this kind of crap because they hate people using gates for walls. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't sunk a few ships through exploits seeing as being a douche is in their names.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:56 PM, Cantore said:

Just thinking outside the box on this one, as I've played in many MMO's where eventually the Chinese were defeated from the MMO because we banded together and out-strategized them, or their exploits were fixed. Give it time, you'll see.

I can appreciate your point, but this is why there are PVP servers, if they want to harass other players, then goto a PVP server, that is literally what they are for. I can understand the point of "using" them to find bugs, but at what cost? how many players are going to leave the game because they constantly get PVP'd on a PVE server, because personally, that would make me stop playing due to the fact of whats the point in playing a peaceful server if it is not peaceful at all. It just makes you think what is the point of building up, if your stuff is not safe as it should be and can be destroyed/sunk by blatant greifers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Faicorf said:

I can appreciate your point, but this is why there are PVP servers, if they want to harass other players, then goto a PVP server, that is literally what they are for. I can understand the point of "using" them to find bugs, but at what cost? how many players are going to leave the game because they constantly get PVP'd on a PVE server, because personally, that would make me stop playing due to the fact of whats the point in playing a peaceful server if it is not peaceful at all. It just makes you think what is the point of building up, if your stuff is not safe as it should be and can be destroyed/sunk by blatant greifers.

If the world of game players were peaceful and always respectful, I would understand your viewpoint. But, the facts are that there are American AND Chinese Companies FULL of duche bag turds. See, MMO's can't eliminate turds from games, but they can adjust their game mechanics so that stuff like this is prevented. The most effective ways to do this often take time and a lot of thought process, since any dev doesn't WANT to have to change the logical authenticity of the game, and if they do have to do so, they would want to leave very little footprint on the overall concept of the game logic.

As I said before - Give it time, and you'll see this addressed. The perfect solutions are not always ones that we can see, not having looked at their coding logic. Frankly, it'd be nice to see the overall weight of ships go up by about another 50%. I think it'd be a bit more realistic, considering you need a bus-load of resources to keep your boat afloat in times of chaos, and it may help with the overweight griefing a little.

5 hours ago, Cantore said:

But, the facts are that there are American AND Chinese Companies FULL of duche bag turds.

This is why I did not address the "Chinese" directly, as I know there are assholes all over the world abusing this system, my only problem with the Chinese/Asians is that they do not have their own server, which they desperately need. as their connections affect everybody on the server.

PVP is basically reality, you will always encounter assholes who just want to belittle,destroy, steal and all sorts of other "unwelcome" activities, I will never complain about players activities in PVP (unless they are actually exploiting mechanics and such) as I hardheartedly expect people to be assholes in PVP, that's why I avoid it, until I am good enough at the game to fight back.

But PVE is a place where we are supposed to be free from these problems, I understand it is EA and these things need to be found to be rectified, but the whole point of PVE is to not have to deal with toxic aggressive players, and play against the environment, instead of other players. It's just saddening to know that people are purposely hurting the game and its player base in PVE just to be assholes, and nothing more.

5 hours ago, Faicorf said:

This is why I did not address the "Chinese" directly, as I know there are assholes all over the world abusing this system, my only problem with the Chinese/Asians is that they do not have their own server, which they desperately need. as their connections affect everybody on the server.

PVP is basically reality, you will always encounter assholes who just want to belittle,destroy, steal and all sorts of other "unwelcome" activities, I will never complain about players activities in PVP (unless they are actually exploiting mechanics and such) as I hardheartedly expect people to be assholes in PVP, that's why I avoid it, until I am good enough at the game to fight back.

But PVE is a place where we are supposed to be free from these problems, I understand it is EA and these things need to be found to be rectified, but the whole point of PVE is to not have to deal with toxic aggressive players, and play against the environment, instead of other players. It's just saddening to know that people are purposely hurting the game and its player base in PVE just to be assholes, and nothing more.

Are you saying the chinese are causing the servers to be laggy and not the mass amount of abandoned boats and structures or just poor networking/servers?

STOP. KEEPING. FULL. CREW. ON. THE. FUCKING. SHIP.

theres literally no way someone can sink a galleon on pve if you dont have crew on it