Sign in to follow this  
Wumi Shivers

Salt from salt water

A craft-able object which would make you able to boil sea water for salt. Storing food is not possible for me due to no salt in the area, while the sea has tons of it!

Edited by Wumi Shivers
  • Like 3

I like this idea. Effectively a fire and pot to boil seawater in.  👍👍

make it fillable using a bucket. 

Yeah I like this idea too. Even if it doesn't give loads of salt it would still be good to get some from salt water. I guess the only reason they may not consider it is that there is salt water all around which would make the salt resource less of a requirement.

Love the idea, but as a current solution have you tried digging on the shore with a shovel?

On 1/14/2019 at 11:10 PM, YoBerg said:

Love the idea, but as a current solution have you tried digging on the shore with a shovel?

I tried digging all beaches I found but nothing so far 😞

digging can give liek 5 sea salt... but that at the expense of the shovel durability.   I suggested this over n over n over so many times.  yet nothing about it.  

I would like to see a distillery. can remove salt from water and you get both salt and fresh water,  plus make booze, fule and the like.

• Like 1

I was about to suggest something like this also, except adding the ability to get freshwater from it as well. Vacuum desalination is definitely viable in this era of tech, it's basically just boiling water and collecting the vapor.

you can get salt from salt water and fresh water from it as well with a still, made from 1 hole in the beech, a lamebrain "lid" and a rock....

the game needs something like a still/evaporation box for getting the salt at least anyway.

Edited by Knight2339