Sign in to follow this  
thefatlebowski

DEVS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY AM I SAILING FINE THEN CHANGE SERVER AND SPAWN ON TOP OF SHIP OF THE DAMNED AND GOT 5 BOATS A BRIG 2 SCHOONER AND SLOOPS DESTROYED THIS WAY!

CHAnge this shit please gsus....

• Like 1

You had 5 boats and couldn't put up any kind of fight against SOD? I'd agree that SOD need to be changed so they don't camp zone borders, but why weren't you able to fight them more effectively with that many boats?

3 minutes ago, thefatlebowski said:

because 1 no guns on board just trade items, and 2 because we werent there with all 5 at once brainiac

Okay before starting with the snide sarcasm, maybe you should realize two things:

1) You didn't provide the information that not all boats were present at once together, but your post implied it, so that misunderstanding on my part is on you.

2) If you go out with ships with no guns knowing there are SOD out there, you are accepting a risk. Asking the devs to change the game to eliminate that risk because you have failed to mount guns knowing the threat is out there is asking them to change their game to suit your unwillingness to accept risk. Survival games are about risk and loss. Based on the information you've provided, I don't see any compelling reason the devs should accede to your wishes.

I agree that SOTD should not spawn on grid borders. After all every time you cross into a new grid your ship takes damage from that alone, but to spawn right by a SOTD, well it's not well planned. They should be further away if possible.

Change this untill then im not playing again, spend 6 hours gathering stuff allmost back home and bam all gone gems crystals iron we needed and 2 bear tames Fk this

5 minutes ago, thefatlebowski said:

Change this untill then im not playing again, spend 6 hours gathering stuff allmost back home and bam all gone gems crystals iron we needed and 2 bear tames Fk this

If you’re waiting for them to change SOD camping borders, many players are asking for this and it seems like a reasonable thing to ask for given many players are having similar negative experiences getting jumped after crossing. I would keep an eye on the forums and maybe patch notes in particular.

33 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

You had 5 boats and couldn't put up any kind of fight against SOD? I'd agree that SOD need to be changed so they don't camp zone borders, but why weren't you able to fight them more effectively with that many boats?

They do. The problem is layered. You maintain momentum when phasing and depending on your loading/ping you can appear quite some distance on the other side. Add a few SoDs Near the border and you load in under fire. Always cut sails to half mast last second and cross over at an angle.

Edited by Nari

9 minutes ago, Nari said:

They do. The problem is layered. You maintain momentum when phasing and depending on your loading/ping you can appear quite some distance on the other side. Add a few SoDs Near the border and you load in under fire. Always cut sails to half mast last second and cross over at an angle.

Just before crossing I try to turn close to parallel to the zone wall.  If I do encounter SotD on the other side I'm already half way into a turn to cross back over.  The problem I encountered there was when trying to flee from a hurricane with an SotD that kept getting shoved into me, crossing over to find 5 camped on the border and then having to decide which was the 'lesser of two weevils.'