Sign in to follow this  
SpeedInc

What is Early Access?

Since when is Early Access the same as Alpha or Beta release? Using common sense Early Access sounds like "here is our game, come play and see if you can find what me missed". Not what we were given. To add insult to injury this IS a reskin ( the proof is out there, fact ) and this is NOT the first time they have launched a game server based (ARK). We are having trouble logging for crying out loud not transferring between servers.  For #### sake call Chris over at Star Citizen and CGI ask how his game does it. ITS RUNNING!!!! AAAAAnd he has made $500 million doing damn near nothing, well at least more than what is here.....

Do I blame them for making this reskin/ARK DLC a new stand alone game, no. It is a smart business move and a sound move. HOWEVER, they did it with incompetent programing personnel. Leaving the tell tail signs of ARK all over the place like the menu was just sad. As stated above I don't mind the reskin job, every company does it even bigger company's like GM. However they fix their mistakes before moving forward. They cover their trails better at least.

MOST OF ALL, COMMUNICATION!!!!!! errr the lack of it... How about take a good look at who does your ARK mobile and see what they do.. They have turned ARK into an amazing game with long overdue fixes in a very very short time, but to top it of they communicate with users. Not hand picking streamers in a PR stunt to save off bad reviews... You should learn that users will sink you even sink streamers if they bandwagon with the studio. See any Fallout 76 review... Didn't go well for them and they were up front about almost 90% of the time. When they lied or hid stuff the community found out and put them on a spit and roasted them. The game is almost freeware.

We all here love ARK and I'm sure one day in the near months will love ATLAS. Even with the down right toxic community that Wildcard has created. For Gods sake please, please, stop jerking us around. If you need to take the servers offline for hours on end or think you should then do so but come out and tell us... "we messed up and are going to fix this, the next update from us will be in 5 hours (or what ever) and we will tell you when we think the service will be online again...... 

The point is treat us like we are people who pay for a service, a utility so to speak. Power goes out a lot of people are looking at you..... even in the dark.......

Steps off soap box...

That is all

• Like 1

Well said, but to be fair, Jat's been fairly active on Twitter with updates.  Granted, relying on social media isn't ideal, but it's something I suppose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pink_Floyd said:

Well said, but to be fair, Jat's been fairly active on Twitter with updates.  Granted, relying on social media isn't ideal, but it's something I suppose.

Social media isn't where i should be getting my info... I start the game and low and behold there is a section with the state of the game.... Update it... if it requires a patch to change that note well then that's just piss poor programming... I would even be willing to look on this website... but it too inst updated... as we have moderators here correct.. When you hire a PR person or a Social Media team they should be in the ear of the lead programmers and the higher ups to put info out there to calm the seas so to speak....

This game is so broken at the moment they are now just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.  They need to put in a single player NOW and also release the server files to other companies!  I have had a massive server ordered with GTX for 4 days now but Grapeshot wont let anyone have the files.  On top of that I got the dreaded crash when switching spawn zones and haven't been able to play ALL day.  If this game was a physical copy it would be what's called a "Glorified Paperweight!"

1 minute ago, Krusty Krotch said:

This game is so broken at the moment they are now just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.  They need to put in a single player NOW and also release the server files to other companies!  I have had a massive server ordered with GTX for 4 days now but Grapeshot wont let anyone have the files.  On top of that I got the dreaded crash when switching spawn zones and haven't been able to play ALL day.  If this game was a physical copy it would be what's called a "Glorified Paperweight!"

True, well the single player mode is in the game.... Its been masked off at the moment, there are videos out there showing that, i just dont know if it will start ATLAS or ARK.... guess both. LOL. I thought the server files were released... there are about 30 to 45 unofficial servers already... all PVP and one PVE last time i looked.

21 minutes ago, SpeedInc said:

For #### sake call Chris over at Scam Citizen

Welp, i just stopped reading right there.

Yea but they are all with Arks "Official Provider" Nitrado and from what I have heard from Company Mates on Discord even they are having major issues.  I appreciate what they are trying to do here (Ark/Grapshot) but my god this game was nowhere near ready with this experiential in house designed server meshing tech they are using.  

I agree.... but as I stated maybe they should have hired one of the CGI guys to get this down...

4 minutes ago, Dodo said:
27 minutes ago, SpeedInc said:

For #### sake call Chris over at Scam Citizen

LOL I almost would have too... As i dont even attempt to up date the game any more. One day, some day it will come out..

5 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Thankfully for all of us, reading is not a prerequisite for commenting.

• Like 1

Early access is where your given the privilege to sit an wait for 12hrs to finally get into the game only to find yourself stuck in a human pyramid 12 miles out to sea, drowning to death very very slowly at about 0.3fps....actually going on atm.

• Haha 1