Sign in to follow this  
azmoodeus

Suggested cooking changes

A post was made in general discussion that probably would be better suited in here.

link: 

"The amount of resources that get used for cooking the recipies does not justify the produced amount. It is very hard as of now to keep up on producing a decent amount of food in order to keep up with the demands of a mid sized company, unless you farm for 3-4 hours every day. This results to people still choosing to die for a fast reset, as opposed to take the time and stock the ships with food, because it is limitted

But because the purpose of this game is not to actually farm endlessly, but to pvp, blow things up, kill people (or die trying)and/or build bases/towns, I would like to recommend the following changes.

1)Decrease the amount of resources needed for some recipies AND/OR increase the quantity of the produced result
2)Up the amount of meat gathered from certain animals, as a lot of recipes need fresh meat that in turn gets turned to cooked meat passively
3)Increase the size of stacks, especially on the food like Steve's Stuffed & Baked fish that stack only until 5.
4)Up eggs production rate, maybe to two
5)Make Jars (and only jars) hold 200 units of water as quantities, as opposed to 1 that is now.
6)The fresh meat that is going to be produced for recipies, to be excluded from passive cooking, or change all the recipies to use cooked meat.

On a side note, the water pipe system changes are very good, with a single flaw as of now. On a chain of underground water pipe system, if a pillar gets destroyed, the chain gets broken and simply replacing the missing link will not fix the system(a red line connection will appear to the unwatered pillar). Even though there is a small work around to bypass this problem, I suggest that this bug to be addressed and make fixing easier (I don't want to be constantly an Atlas Water Company all the time 😛 )"

Cooking is without a doubt overlooked considering how easy the alternatives are to getting equilibrium. Hopefully we can get a good discussion going about the role as a cook because right now it's extremely lackluster and isn't really worth to spend the points

Edited by azmoodeus

also here, (even though I disagree with the points raised concering the vitamins and recipies, as the recipies provide "balanced nutricion" and not a constant increase in vitamins)