Sign in to follow this  
Darien

Proposed Cooking Changes

Just now, Anatas said:

Let me disagree one more time. Tier 3 cooking is awesome. Buff is very good, maybe not so long as it could be. but still is very good. We don't have alchemy so cooking is very good alternative. 

Not sure what you are disagreeing with as I never said anything about tier 3 cooking.

2 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Berry tea isn’t high level. It’s very easy to make, requires something almost always easy to find, and it increases vitamin A without causing food meter to rise at all. I don’t know about you but that’s worth making to me.

Have you ever done mass production of berry tea? You really need to spam waterskins inside a watertap again and again. This is no QoL

Guys don't get me wrong. Cooking is possible after the farming patch. But it is a huge chore to make and if I wanted to spend my gaming time cooking,  i d that in real life as a job.

By the way, vitamins are really easy to manage with proper food. You don't even have to think of it.

Also, no i don't want the jar to weight as much a wter barrel. But more like a water skin. Also make it so you can't drink from it and used only for cooking. But to count as 200 water.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darien said:

Have you ever done mass production of berry tea? You really need to spam waterskins inside a watertap again and again. This is no QoL

Guys don't get me wrong. Cooking is possible after the farming patch. But it is a huge chore to make and if I wanted to spend my gaming time cooking,  i d that in real life as a job.

I totally agree with water problem!

1 hour ago, Darien said:

C

1 hour ago, Darien said:

Since my company is currently just me and a friend, but from ark I’m familiar with the problem you’re talking about and agree it’s no fun. Hopefully at some point there will be an upgraded version of the cooking pot that allows water pipes to provide ongoing water, eliminating the need for water per craft because that indeed gets boring quick. However even if the berry tea isn’t useful to you in that particular situation because of the present constraint, that doesn’t make it useless to everyone.

2 hours ago, Bad News Bear said:

Would be cool to be able to move and transfer claims to preservation bags with food. Could be used to trading with other companies

Imagine running your own waterside cafe where you vended high end foods for the buffs. Companies could pull into your port, have a meal and head out to hunt treasure.

You mean pull into your port, destroy your base and leave with everything.

but your thought is nice

Edited by Bad News Bear

1. Put water cisterns on your roof and plumb down with a tap right above your grill. Hot swap bags for recipes that need water. A simple 3x4 building will hold 12 cisterns, with enough water for 24 cookings between rains.

2. Agree that the spoil timer for troughs and larders need extended. Currently the multiple is x4 for larders, x12 for preserving salts. This needs some balance.

3. Allow us to pay NPCs to do menial farm tasks: Collect poop. Make Fertilizer. Deposit fertilizer. Collect Crops. Free me up to go pirating for gold, and I'll pay NPCs to be my farmhands.

4. For all that is holy, CHANGE SALTED MEAT/Fish to only work using RAW SALT, not Preserving Salt!! Stop consuming the Preserving Salts in the bag that using Preserving Salts to keep things from spoiling!!!