Lunapixels

PVE claiming issues

So we have found an island and we have talked to the other residents and there's is a company that is long gone and no one is contesting it so we are going to take over their claim. We get its a good 6 hours to declaim but the issue we are having is other people not even in relation to the now dead company is running over and for a brief second and that interrupts the claim but it adds 10-15 minutes back onto the timer. So someone decided to troll us and we had 2 hours to go on the claim and now it's 4 hours and they are dancing over the territory line laughing at us.

The claim should be frozen in time unless the actual company coming back to contest or the time spent in the contesting area is an substantial time in the territory.

No time added back onto it unless its the actual OG company claiming this or the other person is in the territory for a set amount of time. Its absolute BS in a game where there is little land already on the land that we can take over territory due to now uncontested places can be so easily trolled and add so much time for brief seconds into the territory we are contesting. This has got to be fixed.

Edited by Lunapixels
  • Like 2

Build a shack 1x1 with bed and just sleep there. Leave it overnight and you may end up owning the territory in the morning. Troll will run out of ideas and eventually give up.

We tried this last night, but the flags were missing in the morning and uncontested again. We will try again I have a small shack nearby so let's see if it works. Any other ideas?

Edited by Lunapixels

2 hours ago, radosc said:

Build a shack 1x1 with bed and just sleep there. Leave it overnight and you may end up owning the territory in the morning. Troll will run out of ideas and eventually give up.

That's if you can actually build on the claimed land, not all places will allow it.

31 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That's if you can actually build on the claimed land, not all places will allow it.

We are lucky in this instance, they have been offline for so long the flags in the area are yellow indicating free building for anyone, which is what we have done, all we are doing are land locking it to others to claim but they have the right to do it back so it's becoming a stalemate. Right now with our flag down to steal territory, the flag griefers are running in every hour resetting back to 6 hours and running away again. It's not harming us overall with building on the area but it's pretty petty behavior. Not sure what the devs think of this or is it actually intended to be used like this because it seems pretty abusable right now.

We were talking about a wall but the area is open and vast it's not going to stop them from getting in via climbing hook so it's waste of time and resources to do it.

Again open to other suggestions though.

bonjour,  je trouve aussi que le système de reclamation des terres et mal penser car 6h pour une terre ou le clan est plus actif est juste abuser et le moindre joueur qui se promene sur la limite du claim annule tout et ca reprend a 6h du claim. vivement qu'ils revoient leur systemes autrement !

I was stealing a land and it went good for 4 hrs but then a sloop parked and the timer reset back to 6hrs. This is really annoying.

ils doivent faire en sorte que seuls les joueurs du clan que vous contester peuvent annuler votre claim de la zone

Edited by chacha88
  • Like 1

I had this problem yesterday, as well.  I was babysitting a claim right next to ours, which had no structures, nobody had been there for ages, neutral to build, but full of alpha wolves, vultures, scorpions, as usual for our island.  I had it down to 1:20 at one point, but of course someone just happened to pass through right after I had gotten killed again.  Reset the whole thing.  So frustrating!  I have to just build a stone box right next to the claim flag and sit in it for 6 hours if I want to get this land.  An offline sleeping body will not keep the claim attempt, it seems like it has to be an online active player.  I am even putting my flag so that it greatly overlaps our company's other flag, which will actually create more land for people to claim on the other side!  If people other than the original owners really want to contest the claim, they should have some kind of mechanic for them to put up their own contesting flag or actually do some action to contest, rather than just have anyone wandering by reset the timer.

Agreed.
And when you have very active island with one inactive claim, its nearly impossible to claim as in every hour people are running around doing stuff, interrupting the claiming. 

not only are claim flag timer broken but fact that a random can reset your full progress in less then 5 minuts i have put in 30 hours try to claim a area and random ppl kept interupting me and after 3 day's of work we still dont got it thnxs to random ppl 

they owners of the land arnt even in the game anymore its so anoying and bad

I feel your pain on this one and I'd like to think the devs are looking into a solution to the issue.

Over the course of last week while off with the flu I tried on multiple occasions to claim one area from a company who have many but who have also decided that Atlas is not for the at this time. Much like Clowandering I was down to 1:20 ish on multiple occasions but it too one person walking into the area, simply to chop trees and the whole timer would reset back to 6 hours. I literally tried night and day on one occasion, playing the game for 30 consecutive hour but a mixture of players farming resources, server crashes and patch updates prevented the capture. I think it would be fair to say that I literally attempted to secure this flag a good 12 times so far but have had no luck to date. 

Thankfully we do have the ability to build as we've allied with a local company who were frustrated that we were leaving the zone simply to have the freedom to build our own little town (and not some monstrosity that many companies build or horrendous huge games / walls everywhere.

It certainly would be nice for a dev to give a response on this as I've had no response to my frustration during my sick leave on Twitter.

• Like 1

So does it reset to full each time or does it add a certain amonut of minutes depending on how long a random player contested the claim? I'm trying myself right now and only gotten to just under 5 hours but still no luck all day long. This will be a long night 😞

Just now, Jozzie McTowel said:

So does it reset to full each time or does it add a certain amonut of minutes depending on how long a random player contested the claim? I'm trying myself right now and only gotten to just under 5 hours but still no luck all day long. This will be a long night 😞

I don't think it resets to full, it just adds extra time back on to it, but not sure if the length of time someone is in the area affects the amount of time added back.

Just now, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I don't think it resets to full, it just adds extra time back on to it, but not sure if the length of time someone is in the area affects the amount of time added back.

Because in my experience it just jumps back to 5:53:00, but could also be each time someone passes it  goes up by 10-15 minutes

just rediculous

every second a random player is contesting you you will lose 5/10 minuts  they can fully reset 6 hour under 5 min i was on 5 hour and 20 minuts and got resetted in less then 5 min just a random running in laughin resetting and leave

i am with my company currently on hour 44 of trying to get this claim we keep gething reset and screwed over by random ppl 

Edited by Xynum

we are on hour 83 of a 6 hr claim .................................................. the words I want to use would make even a pirate blush 

and a server update coming and we are heading into hour 85...

Edited by Pirate Hawkins

For PVE they need to limit a companies territory flags to 10. These 10 cannot be contested, however, Once set they take a 30 day cool down to relocate all other non-contestable flags. To get beyond 10 flags companies with every 10 members beyond 10 are granted 1 additional flag. Max a companies members to 500 total. These additional flags can be contested every 24 hours. This would allow others to move off the lawless, in-turn make room for the newbies. Keep the game flowing with new trade deals as well allow alliances to form.

Make another server, add more islands, something... Land is becoming rare.

The official server map might be enormous but, it's mostly just sea. The land is a lot smaller than it looks. I have yet to find one island I can't cross under a minute or so. This game is not as big as it may seem. I like the idea it brings, but honestly it's going to become boring and annoying real quick.

Edited by Muffinman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

When somone contests your steal the time goes back up. but it goes up so fast 2 mins in consteing is enough to reset even a claim with only 10 mins on it.

I think someone had mentioned here that if you can build a structure on the land you are claiming and put a sleeping, logged off member of the company in there, it can keep the claim going after people walk through, rather than having it totally fail.  I have tried this and it does not work.  Tried to claim the flag right next to our company's flag and base for the 3rd day in a row.  We are constantly trying to claim whenever we are logged in, with 4 active players in our company.  Made a structure on the overlap between our claims, one of our members logged off in there last night, only 2 hours to go on the claim.  This morning after checking; nothing, no claim, everything reset.  We have jobs and families and cannot just sit on that claim for 6 hours.

You are right, waiting 6 hours in a game is just stupid. I mean, you literally want to play their game, but all you do is waiting there and watching videos or reading posts like i do right now.

Really.

I mean, they should auto-kill AFK Players after a long time, like 14 or 30 days to give land free. And then it could be 2 hours or if you want to stay at those 6 hours, dont add time to the timer if some random treasure-hunter or person walks by, i mean, they dont even KNOW that they are messing your claim up sometimes.

• Like 1

This mechanic is ridiculous... waiting 5 hours to claim land and anyone else running trough to reset is enough? Please change this, that only the claim´s owner can reset it... 5 hours just siting around and cant do anything, but everyone can troll you... what schould that meant to be????🤬😤