Sign in to follow this  
ender4212

Syrup?

Can somebody confirm that the trees in my attached screenshot are the correct trees to get syrup from?  I've tried several of these with a pick and axe and only ever get wood/thatch.  It's driving me nuts as the island I'm based out of has no saps of any kind, so I sailed here and found these, and still no luck.  

maple.jpg

Yes, those look like the right trees. I have an island thats the same sometimes they give syrup and sometimes dont. 

Edited by lou_neuro
i meant to say syrup not saps...

Sort of, those are the right texture on the bark but that tree is too thick compared to the usual syrup trees I see.  It is typically a thinner tree that I get syrup from much like the silk trees but with that bark and a green/red leaf pattern.  Just a tip if you want to know what resource you will get from something before you harvest it, hold "H". 

Thanks, yeah I know about holding H on resources.  On these trees it's just Wood/Thatch shown.  I wasn't aware of a thinner tree that looks this way, just another that has only red leaves and this one had both red and gold.  Maybe it's because it's a starter island?  I don't know, but it's frustrating.

there are other trees that look similar, but their color is a bit lighter.  The trees that give syrup have dark red blotches, like the ones on the screenshot you posted.