Sign in to follow this  
Bleurgh

4 different food types to worry about...

Really wildcard (ahem grapeshot I mean...), really!!

I mean the vitamin thing is a nice idea, but to have to always eat four different food sources is not always practical, especially for new players getting started. Not all the islands have vegetables freely growing for example.

But still overall it is a system that has merit - but don't you think you've ratcheted it up a notch too far. I mean vitamin deficiency is bad and all, but I last i checked a vitamin A deficiency doesn't lead to el teriblé squits, followed by insta-death...

Come on now, perhaps just a debuf for not eating your veggies might be ok. Just a thought?

LOL like the damn sickness we all get on the island.... Ughhh i think i rather hear that cough then the snoring bodies in the free port.

I just dont think the vitamin system should be in place at all. Those kind of systems are only present in a hardcore survival kind of game.

I like the idea of eating while having the vitamins in consideration and i find it quite easy:

1 meat

1 fish

5 grapes 

5 cilantro

....and the bars go up equally

What I find a little bit exagerated is that in the sea you have to literally die and respawn in your bed because they drop too quick and you can't eat more than 130/100 otherwise you lose health.

Edited by NitramDJ

5 hours ago, Bigman1182 said:

Its easy to handle.... Just match the colors.

The process of restoring the vitamins is fairly easy, but...

It doesn't actually work to keep you alive for a long period. It only works if you die occasionally and restore them that way. If each time you eat you restore your food to 100%, but not above, the vitamins slowly drop until you end up dead.

So is the trick to eat to 130%? I've yet to make this work for more than about 3 hours, then I get a deficiency.

There are also talents that make you lose vitamins less, and ones that make you gain more from food so its easier to maintain

2 hours ago, NitramDJ said:

I like the idea of eating while having the vitamins in consideration and i find it quite easy:

1 meat

1 fish

5 grapes 

5 cilantro

....and the bars go up equally

What I find a little bit exagerated is that in the sea you have to literally die and respawn in your bed because they drop too quick and you can't eat more than 130/100 otherwise you lose health.

So exagerated, its imposible to travel by ship now, the vitamins drawn excesive quickly and you die with your stomatch full, have no sense. Also i think a and C need a little buff

4 hours ago, freyr_666 said:

So exagerated, its imposible to travel by ship now, the vitamins drawn excesive quickly and you die with your stomatch full, have no sense. Also i think a and C need a little buff

There is a way to increase the level of all for bars and it's to mantain a constant diet. Each time you eat you increase it a little bit until it gets full. Then you can hold on with your travels much more. But as I said. The best way to do it is to die and then respawn in the same ship and save resources 🙂

I agree the system needs work. But vitamin deficiencies was a big thing for pirates and seamen ie scurvy

i dont think pirates cared about vitamins at all lol i mean ive gotten use to it but to balance it out with your food decay/over consumption is a most def that needs to be looked into