Grimmreaperme

Claiming Ships In PVE

So, I had some friends that stopped playing and were in a different company. After a while, their ship was claimable because they hadn't been on for a while, so I went and claimed it so we could keep it and in case they came back, but unfortunately I cannot do anything with it except access it's properties after claiming it... My question is...why can I even claim it if I'm not gonna be able to then use it?

• Like 1

I claimed quite a lot of rafts around my base and was able to demolish them which was cool, but yeah I was surprised I couldn't do anything else with them, even repair.

• Like 1

That is an interesting question. I just claimed a couple ships of my old company. And can't do anything either it just shows them in green but also blue on the planks since they were part of the alliance of a company i joined.

Edited by James_32

Same! I just claimed a sloop which i can't really interact with, but the name is green.

What am i supposed to do with it now?

Claimed a sloop and a brig from an inactive trde.. Cant do anytthing can raise and lower anchor thats it.. and if i jump off it it will autop anchor.. dont havce to time to sit on it and let it decay.

3 hours ago, Pax said:

Claimed a sloop and a brig from an inactive trde.. Cant do anytthing can raise and lower anchor thats it.. and if i jump off it it will autop anchor.. dont havce to time to sit on it and let it decay.

Right?! I even if I can only scuttle it, just let me do it seeing as I am supposed to own it now.

casue its still an exploit.. Either they fix it or they dont 

I agree, exploiting game to get ahead or grief people to ruin their time and experiences in a game. Personally, I don't get why those type of people wont just play solo on the unofficial if they have to cheat.

Are we missing something about this mechanic, or is it just broken?  "Raising the anchor",  just allows the ship to take damage and/or be subject to ship of the damned attacks -- you might be able to get loot, but some of us want to claim abandoned ships. <-- especially when a company is defunct, and their assets just sit there.

The ship claiming mechanic, it's definitely not clear (especially on PVE). The current implementation feels either incomplete or broken.

There is something broken about the ownership mechanics on captured things. each part of the claimed ship is still owned by the previous owner.  I have a ship i "own" that was abandoned on our shore, but I still cant do anything with it.

Also had an issue with a member which resulted in them rage quitting the game. they happen to own the flag thier stuff was built on. so when the timer ran out we captured thier flag, but all the buildings stayed owned by them and even tho they say demo allowed we cant demo or do anything with them.

I put in a support ticket. got a response about 12 hrs later (much faster than I expected) GM just asked a question about our company ownership settings and I answered. then it just went silent. havent had another response in 4 days now.

• Like 1

If they won't let us claim them, they need to change the What's yours is mine ability in the piracy tree for PVE to something we can use.

Abondoned ships will vanish after 3 weeks on PvE, don't know the perfect time span. But don't step on it else the timer will reset.

How do you claim the ship, as I have the perk, but cannot figure out how to actually claim. Do I look at the deck then activate it, I've got a couple of guys that built on my island that quite playing about a month ago.  And some friends want to build and dock where there ships are.

If you notice, this is a necro post from January back when very different systems were in place on PVE. You cannot claim abandoned ships in PVE anymore. You can unclaim them, and let other people claim them, but you cannot take over ships without someone first unclaiming them. The piracy ability does jack all on PVE. Every time you climb on that abandoned boat to check, you have been resetting the timer. Leave it alone and hope no one interacts with it for two to three weeks and it will go away. That is currently the only option in PVE.