Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

NO FEATURE IN MEGA COMPANIES, THE GAME WILL FAIL!

4 hours ago, Ellentro said:

You admit in your own post that you've seen what they said, just that you refuse to interpret it in a way that discounts your narrative. I can't help you if you purposefully choose to misconstrue their words and intentions.

Very specifically, they said they wanted the game to be a merge between Ark (A game that was not very friendly to small groups), and Eve (A game in which small groups are utterly non-competitive). Megatribes inherently build miniature civilization within them. By definition, strictly so. They establish trading relationships within their own groups, have hierarchies, operate on political machinations and manage themselves with various social and political policies. 

Given, that sounds like a bit of a meme, and to an extent, it is, however for a video game, it's quite true. 

Completely wrong statement and missing the point, we had a lot of fun with a small group in EVE. Really teasing the megatribes.

When they woke up to assemble their hordes for hunting us we were long gone with our loot back to PVE.

If you try the same in Atlas —-> happy tree punching in freeport

• Like 1

I feel like the easiest way to solve this issue would be the introduction of factions. Maybe 4 for example... Divide the world into 4 equal parts, have players join a faction and that faction is essentially allied to eachother and fights together to further advance their factions territory. 

Of course it would take some fine tuning to try and keep the factions equal player-wise. 

7 hours ago, Ellentro said:

You admit in your own post that you've seen what they said, just that you refuse to interpret it in a way that discounts your narrative. I can't help you if you purposefully choose to misconstrue their words and intentions.

Very specifically, they said they wanted the game to be a merge between Ark (A game that was not very friendly to small groups), and Eve (A game in which small groups are utterly non-competitive). Megatribes inherently build miniature civilization within them. By definition, strictly so. They establish trading relationships within their own groups, have hierarchies, operate on political machinations and manage themselves with various social and political policies. 

Given, that sounds like a bit of a meme, and to an extent, it is, however for a video game, it's quite true. 

Thank you for interpreting my words in a way that suits your narrative. 

So the devs never said that they don't want small tribes and solo players in their game. People are just trying to interpret their words this way to say GTFO to everyone who's not happy with the current situation.

Guess we'll have to ask them at the upcoming AMA. 

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Completely wrong statement and missing the point, we had a lot of fun with a small group in EVE. Really teasing the megatribes.

When they woke up to assemble their hordes for hunting us we were long gone with our loot back to PVE.

You don't even seem to understand what the words mean. Sure, small groups can play and annoy mega-corps, but you are literally non competitive. You are hardly even relevant, and don't really even qualify as a nuisance. Its the same in this game. Sure, you can sail around with a base on a boat, log off in a free port, and annoy people, but you have absolutely no noticeable impact. 

If you were a threat in EVE, and yes, there are groups that are/were, you wouldn't have zergs chasing you. You'd be getting smoked by aces from the corps. Instead you just kinda uselessly nip at randoms. 

15 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Thank you for interpreting my words in a way that suits your narrative. 

So the devs never said that they don't want small tribes and solo players in their game. People are just trying to interpret their words this way to say GTFO to everyone who's not happy with the current situation.

Guess we'll have to ask them at the upcoming AMA. 

I mean go for it. If you're dense enough that you need it spelled out for you, with a crayon picture drawn for you, in order to understand. There is absolutely no way that a game advertises large scale PvP, MMO and Eve, while trying to cater to small groups or solo players. The two are literal antithesis. 

5 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

I mean go for it. If you're dense enough that you need it spelled out for you, with a crayon picture drawn for you, in order to understand. There is absolutely no way that a game advertises large scale PvP, MMO and Eve, while trying to cater to small groups or solo players. The two are literal antithesis. 

But eve CATERS for small groups and solo players. Every bloody MMO out there allows you to have fun solo since the times first MUD came out. There's no way you can claim that the game was meant for large groups only based just on the fact that it's large scale PvP (What? WHAT? With 150 people on server max and when it's lagging like hell with just 100?!), MMO and Eve. It's your wishful thinking and nothing more. It reminds me of LiF where zerg apologists kept insisting "this game was meant to be played as a part of large group" even after the lead designer himself told numerous times that they don't want mega clans to dominate everything and drive small groups from the game. Phh.

6 hours ago, Talono said:

Your right on the money this is a major problem with keeping people around for the long stay. When they games number fall and it sinks its because people were warning them to make changes. Sadly Ill probelly be here in the sinking ship but I will get the "I told you so" post up and watch the same fan boy trolls squirm. 

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Your right on the money this is a major problem with keeping people around for the long stay. When they games number fall and it sinks its because people were warning them to make changes. Sadly Ill probelly be here in the sinking ship but I will get the "I told you so" post up and watch the same fan boy trolls squirm. 

Shame it doesn’t ban for hatred. 

14 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Shame it doesn’t ban for hatred. 

The only Hate I see is you fallowing all my post like its your job. Your like a professional troll man. I want the game to be the next world of warcraft but every time I point something out that needs to change or the game will sink trolls offer me a cup of cool aid and tell me shhhh. Now you say i should be ban... that's prof right there. :skull:

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, Scorpionshawn said:

The devs are going down a really bad path by trying to push everyone into mega companies and not adding in enough content or fun challenges for solo or small groups. 

In the end there will only be so many big companies, These groups will wipe out all the little fish in the sea as they push to rule most servers. Once these companies start getting into some serious battles with one another they will fight till they wipe one another out. This will be taxing on the players who are in big companies that lose everything in battles. Dont think this will only be sea battles. Noooo these companies will wipe out big bases. Players in these companies will get tired of trying to rebuild as other big companies will smash them as they try to recover. It will get boring and people will move on. 

You fan boys can say what you want because its early for you but those of us who are hard core ARK players have seen this happen before. The game will get old quick!

Well, that what they want basicaly, since they have list over biggest Company claims etc.
They just feeding this kind of game play.
My suggestion, play the game for awhile.. explore and sail then find a new game.

5 minutes ago, Sullust said:

Well, that what they want basicaly, since they have list over biggest Company claims etc.
They just feeding this kind of game play.
My suggestion, play the game for awhile.. explore and sail then find a new game.

Sadly thats what is going to kill this game. "My suggestion, play the game for awhile.. explore and sail then find a new game."

This will happen with a lot of players when they cant find a land claim. Im not against taxes on your land but having more than 3 flags down I am. 1 person can claim a whole island. Thats stupid!

6 hours ago, Brick said:

I feel like the easiest way to solve this issue would be the introduction of factions. Maybe 4 for example... Divide the world into 4 equal parts, have players join a faction and that faction is essentially allied to eachother and fights together to further advance their factions territory. 

Of course it would take some fine tuning to try and keep the factions equal player-wise. 

Yeah this would be the best thing for the game. Like something like this could actually save it from its inevitable demise 

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

The only Hate I see is you fallowing all my post like its your job. Your like a professional troll man. I want the game to be the next world of warcraft but every time I point something out that needs to change or the game will sink trolls offer me a cup of cool aid and tell me shhhh. Now you say i should be ban... that's prof right there. :skull:

But it will never be the next WoW! It's designed with different concept from the ground up and you can't reshape it on the fundamental level at this point  of development - it's very unrealistic. I agree that pirate themed WoW can be very interesting, but Atlas on official won't offer you that if you only care about gameplay like that. You can't have both design around megatribes that are nations on their own with land ownership and the NPC based progression where you are warrior for AI nation with gear vendors, quests etc that let you experience big parts of the game solo or in coop with just handful of friends. The 2nd is ofc way popular, but that doesn't mean there isn't market for the players that enjoy the survival sandboxes with players made politics. The devs are not that stupid to not know that, so which audience are they aiming for with their game design is more then obvious - at least for the ones that don't cry for the game to be totally redesigned to fit their expectations.

Edited by Sharana

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Sadly thats what is going to kill this game. "My suggestion, play the game for awhile.. explore and sail then find a new game."

This will happen with a lot of players when they cant find a land claim. Im not against taxes on your land but having more than 3 flags down I am. 1 person can claim a whole island. Thats stupid!

Indeed, its stupid.
But the solution where ppl placing two thousands of foudations everywhere is not a good solution either.
The devs really have to Think this shit over and they have to understand the different playstyles of PVE and PVP.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah this would be the best thing for the game. Like something like this could actually save it from its inevitable demise 

I already said this lol but what ever

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

I already said this lol but what ever

Ok well I agree with you to then

9 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah i said this before

1 hour ago, Sharana said:

But it will never be the next WoW! It's designed with different concept from the ground up and you can't reshape it on the fundamental level at this point  of development - it's very unrealistic. I agree that pirate themed WoW can be very interesting, but Atlas on official won't offer you that if you only care about gameplay like that. You can't have both design around megatribes that are nations on their own with land ownership and the NPC based progression where you are warrior for AI nation with gear vendors, quests etc that let you experience big parts of the game solo or in coop with just handful of friends. The 2nd is ofc way popular, but that doesn't mean there isn't market for the players that enjoy the survival sandboxes with players made politics. The devs are not that stupid to not know that, so which audience are they aiming for with their game design is more then obvious - at least for the ones that don't cry for the game to be totally redesigned to fit their expectations.

I didnt mean it was going to be like WoW but could have a player base as big as WoW did. Guess you misunderstood because if i wanted to play wow I would just log in lol

6 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I didnt mean it was going to be like WoW but could have a player base as big as WoW did. Guess you misunderstood because if i wanted to play wow I would just log in lol

It's not instances based game, so it won't be able to support it...

I think everyone should read the post "GAME IS SET UP FOR MAJOR NAVAL BATTLES THE SERVERS CANNOT HANDLE"

I said this all along that this game will never be able to handle the scale of companies they are trying to push and that small groups and solo players will be what keeps this game alive and dive it forward! 

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

I think everyone should read the post "GAME IS SET UP FOR MAJOR NAVAL BATTLES THE SERVERS CANNOT HANDLE"

I said this all along that this game will never be able to handle the scale of companies they are trying to push and that small groups and solo players will be what keeps this game alive and dive it forward! 

This game is not standing still.

I know you have a hard time doing this but;

THINK

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

This game is not standing still.

I know you have a hard time doing this but;

THINK

Your right its not because its moving backwards in active players every day!

3 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Your right its not because its moving backwards in active players every day!

Delusional. I know you’re a troll because I’ve never seen anyone like this, not even on the ARK forums. Maybe explore some more, because I have less hours than you but explored so much more. I’m not sure you have the right to make 10 threads talking about no land to claim when you discovered almost nothing on the map. 

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

Delusional. I know you’re a troll because I’ve never seen anyone like this, not even on the ARK forums. Maybe explore some more, because I have less hours than you but explored so much more. I’m not sure you have the right to make 10 threads talking about no land to claim when you discovered almost nothing on the map. 

Its OK to white knight something but when you become so one sided (completely ignoring 'evidence thats easy to see') it makes you lose any and all credibility on just about everything you comment on.

Its one thing when the 'haters' say stupid stuff most of their concerns (that arent 99% of their postings) are generally legit. But white knights (especially ones like you) who defend and excuse every (bad) move or design the game has are worse.

Game has been hemorrhaging players for two weeks. Its loses players from all areas and cross sections by the looks. With 4 official servers and about a thousand private servers it barely got more than 30K people online last night (a weekend) last Friday they had almost 40. Sat and Sun were quite a bit higher so maybe tonight and tomorrow will see similar gains. If they dont then its very obvious whats going on.

As far as 'explore some' What are there 8 or 9 different island shapes? Once you have seen those youve seen them all. A couple streamers took maybe 10-12 hours of naked running to collect all the power stones. Not sure if they can be used or not but they got them. Ships can be built in a day with just a few people. So playability (beyond a horribly broken PvP option) is non existent. Other than I guess RP which again will be the major draw of this game just as it was with ARK. Thats why they continue to cater to the streamers. Which I guess for a game like this that was an ARK DLC in its origin is good enough. Problem is (ironically) it probably would have sold more copies had they kept it an ARK DLC.

Edited by rodarin

So they literally said yesterday that they want solo players, they want small groups, they want nomadic lifestyle to be possible, they didn't even expect people to form mega tribes and werent prepared for that, so i guess "meant for large groups" is officially BS.

Edited by LaiTash

22 minutes ago, rodarin said:

Its OK to white knight something but when you become so one sided (completely ignoring 'evidence thats easy to see') it makes you lose any and all credibility on just about everything you comment on.

Its one thing when the 'haters' say stupid stuff most of their concerns (that arent 99% of their postings) are generally legit. But white knights (especially ones like you) who defend and excuse every (bad) move or design the game has are worse.

Game has been hemorrhaging players for two weeks. Its loses players from all areas and cross sections by the looks. With 4 official servers and about a thousand private servers it barely got more than 30K people online last night (a weekend) last Friday they had almost 40. Sat and Sun were quite a bit higher so maybe tonight and tomorrow will see similar gains. If they dont then its very obvious whats going on.

As far as 'explore some' What are there 8 or 9 different island shapes? Once you have seen those youve seen them all. A couple streamers took maybe 10-12 hours of naked running to collect all the power stones. Not sure if they can be used or not but they got them. Ships can be built in a day with just a few people. So playability (beyond a horribly broken PvP option) is non existent. Other than I guess RP which again will be the major draw of this game just as it was with ARK. Thats why they continue to cater to the streamers. Which I guess for a game like this that was an ARK DLC in its origin is good enough. Problem is (ironically) it probably would have sold more copies had they kept it an ARK DLC.

Haha. Next time you make such a post, get your facts straight. I’m not what the kids call ‘a white knight’. I don’t defend every move they make. I have told my concerns about numerous mechanics and patches, just like the latest elephant patch. And I absolutely hate the new submarine.

Because I’m not like every kid shouting and crying because of this and that doesn’t make me a white knight. I have agreed and disagreed with many people on the forums, where it is for. I have talked and outlined ideas. When I said ( and you could’ve known this but perhaps your english is not to great, not a problem) explore more, I was talking about finding land. If I discovered so little of the map, and made 10 threads about it saying I can’t find land.. that makes me what? 

One thing I don’t want is this game to become too easy. People that enjoy the game, aren’t complaining on the forums. There have been so many threads of people wanting to have them handed out everything, and I disagree with that. This game needs to have some kind of challenge in it. 

But if in your world giving your own opinion on certain things and not cry about every little detail, not making delusional threads and actually give fixes instead of ideas that doesn’t make up for anything, means I’m a ‘white knight’ then so let it be. I’m 10 times rather a white knight than any kind like OP on this forum. 

Edited by Percieval