Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

NO FEATURE IN MEGA COMPANIES, THE GAME WILL FAIL!

15 hours ago, LaiTash said:

Weeeeelll from the look of it we won't have a base when i wake up tomorrow. Not going to loose my sleep over some shitty game design desicions tho. 

*AS I EXPECTED they waited till most of us go to sleep to bring 150 people. The game's lagging like hell, can't even reload. Good thing is that like 50 of them got kicked from server. Designed for large companies lol.*

This is a big part of their problem with the "500" players in a company and having GRAND SCALE BATTLES. Like I said the game will fail. World of Warcraft only host a max of 40 people in a battle grounds and that game has been around for years and with something like 20 million subs. Grapeshot is in waaaaay over their head and its all going to be coming down on them with a crash.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:51 AM, archaegeo said:

Eve also has 13 YEARS on Atlas to fine tune their systems, and in all honesty, the solo experience didnt truly get mechanics support till about 4 years ago.

Meanwhile Atlas is not even released for another 2 years.

And you can operate solo in Atlas, its just super risky cause there are no hand holding high sec zones with NPC ships that will get revenge if you get killed in them.

Some unofficials defintely do, but again, there are 2800 listed, so you have to find the gems in the manure.

COMPANY SIZE 500 PEOPLE VS 500  PEOPLE HOW IS THAT GOOOOOOOOOOING TO WORK? Jesus its like you guys do not understand what a heavy load of players will do to a server also im going out on a limp and say you cant even get 100 people in one spot with out problems. How ever this wasn't my prediction of failure its having company size that big at all. Its a joke. In the end you wont have many companies at that size and after they steam roll everyone out of bordium most of the players will quite and most of those companies will move to other games. Atlas wont survive the 2 years.

15 hours ago, Ellentro said:

Everyone here read what you wrote. The problem is that you want to turn this game into some kind of bad battle royale or dayz clone. You want the game to be, inherently, changed from what it was always designed and marketed to be. The devs did not make Ark, nor this game, for solo lone wolves with social problems, they made it for large groups to have epic fights spanning hundreds of people. 

Go to unofficial. Find yourself a nice 5-8 pop server. Play that with the other 4 people who want to play Atlas PvP solo. This game is not meant to be played solo. Or by small groups. By design. They also probably won't try to do the Ark Small Tribes thing, because that experiment died and was an abject failure even in Ark, which was much more friendly to small group play. 

I accept what they want it to be but its a bad move on their part. If they want to force players into 500 people companies than people should not be able to leave starting are with out choosing a large company. Im saying that this model with a survival build your own base and ship system will not work. This game will sink if they dont bust big companies up.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:13 PM, Scorpionshawn said:

This is false. All countries in the world we live in do some really bad things to their own people. Native Americans "Indians" Lived just fine in small tribes with out government laws and TAXES!

Lol. "Lived just fine" and where are they now? Destroyed by a more powerful nation.

Edited by Nuka

18 minutes ago, Nuka said:

Lol. "Lived just fine" and where are they now? Destroyed by a more powerful nation.

Hey bud are you making fun of the Native Americans lose and almost extinction?

25 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I accept what they want it to be but its a bad move on their part. If they want to force players into 500 people companies than people should not be able to leave starting are with out choosing a large company. Im saying that this model with a survival build your own base and ship system will not work. This game will sink if they dont bust big companies up.

That is not a solution. You can’t stop large amounts of people playing the game like they want to play the game. They will always find a way, either it is through alliances or just different names. 

Just now, Percieval said:

That is not a solution. You can’t stop large amounts of people playing the game like they want to play the game. They will always find a way, either it is through alliances or just different names. 

You dont play the game... move along troll

4 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Oh I play the game, but I’m smart enough to figure out what game I bought rather than wanting to change core mechanics for the likings of few. 

25 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

No, only about your statements. They lived without taxes and extinct. Raw facts. It's a proof that such model of living does not work.

And btw I live in great country without all your sjw and tolerance shit. I'm free to make fun about anything.

Edited by Nuka

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I dont care if you agree with me or not... You dont read the post but you have some sucky counter to what Im saying. Thats what a TROLL does.

You actually seem to care quite a lot whether or not people agree with you.  Like I said there is no point reading your main posts, they are just some doom seeking prophecy every single time.  However the rest of the conversation gets quite interesting, very dramatic though.  Your main issue seems to be that they allow for large companies to exists, this is likely because you are so abrasive you only play with a small group of friends at best rather than any logical argument regarding the servers being able to handle the playerbase, each region can host a max of 150 players so they are not expecting 500 players from each team to show up for the battle, at best 75 from each team.

There's no way to nerf large companies really, but there are ways to help small ones. Right now almost everything is working against them.

• Like 1

but what if devs want to only have mega tribes in the game? I always wonder cause no one complains about chest being only a 1vs1 game, I can´t group up with my friends and play with 30 people at the same time. its a similar complain. that´s how the game works out, deal with it or leave it. btw, I hate big tribes. I only play pve cause in pvp you just get melted by other people with higher amounts of resources/members. 

On 1/14/2019 at 1:32 PM, Nuka said:

And none of this games are survival like Rust or Ark. "Building some gigantic stone cube with small room in the center"/"blowing all up with bombs when owner sleeping" is a mandatory gameplay for it. In Atlas you also can sail.

While i don't like it, it's true. Every survival game has gone down this route of not very solo friendly and haven't "fallen". Either people deal with it, team up or move to modded or PvE

That's why when i started this game i went straight to PvE, as i knew as as solo player, i will get my ass handed to me on PvP.

3 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I dont care if you agree with me or not... You dont read the post but you have some sucky counter to what Im saying. Thats what a TROLL does.

Ironically, your post fits that description perfectly.

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

As does this one.  (Judging from Percieval's posts, I get the impression he plays.  He's also one of my favorite people on the forums.  He's more of an anti-troll with some amusing posts)

So thanks for coming out, Scorpionshawn.  Judging by this thread, the crowd is loving your posts.  We've all gathered for the sermon from the Prophet and heard your prophecy... and most of us just roll our eyes and say "The game is geared towards large companies?  You don't say!"

Hopefully "the game gets old quick" for a lot of the "hardcore Ark players" (aka, "I'm going to grief your base while you're offline!" usually) and they move on to games more to their liking (like Ark), and this game keeps moving in the direction that it is.  Keep up the great work, Grapeshot!  Despite all the trolls, lots of people are still optimistic 🙂 

Edited by Domino

1 hour ago, Mephos said:

but what if devs want to only have mega tribes in the game? I always wonder cause no one complains about chest being only a 1vs1 game, I can´t group up with my friends and play with 30 people at the same time. its a similar complain. that´s how the game works out, deal with it or leave it. btw, I hate big tribes. I only play pve cause in pvp you just get melted by other people with higher amounts of resources/members. 

It's clear from what the devs are trying to do with neutral flags and the flag declaiming rules (the more you have, the easier it is to loose) that they DO NOT want their game to be all about large companies, it's just what they're trying to do is not really working at all. I also do think they understand that their game just can't handle those large companies because of technical limitations - they're not stupid after all. All the "this game was designed around big companies so find another game" is plain BS.

Chess wouldn't really work with more than 2 people, but this game could support more than one playstyle (as a proper sandbox should) easily.

4 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

And by what basis do you believe that it wouldn't work?

It worked, quite well, in Ark, while 6 man Ark flopped horribly.

In reality, this game is not meant to appeal to the solo/small groups. The games that *do* appeal to those communities already exist, in a variety of forms. This game was designed to appeal to the large groups. It is not a good, or a bad decision. It is simply a *different* one. Everyone in Ark cried about mega-tribes too. How they'd "Kill the game". Yet, the very change that created mega-tribes (Opening up cross ark transfers), single handedly saved the Official networks, and preceded a nearly 40% boost in the overall playerbase. 

There is no rational, logical or statistical evidence, logic or rationale to support your stance that "The game will die" if they don't 180 their stance on group sizes. 

Until the servers can actually handle 100+ players. I cant see these companies being a good thing. Especially when it's a tactic to use against defenders to force them off the server. However unintended or innocent the attackers may be, we know groups will abuse it. 

33 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

In reality, this game is not meant to appeal to the solo/small groups. The games that *do* appeal to those communities already exist, in a variety of forms. This game was designed to appeal to the large groups. It is not a good, or a bad decision. It is simply a *different* one. Everyone in Ark cried about mega-tribes too. How they'd "Kill the game". Yet, the very change that created mega-tribes (Opening up cross ark transfers), single handedly saved the Official networks, and preceded a nearly 40% boost in the overall playerbase. 

In ark you can play on private servers and basically have the same game where you can play as a small group.

Atlas is a mmo so private servers are not really an option. You can go there but it won't be a mmo then.

Also you can't say what the devs want from their game as it's EA.

Just now, LaiTash said:

In ark you can play on private servers and basically have the same game where you can play as a small group.

Atlas is a mmo so private servers are not really an option. You can go there but it won't be a mmo then.

Also you can't say what the devs want from their game as it's EA.

You can play Atlas on single player servers too. Same game with a small group.

Atlas isn't an MMO in the sense that Private Servers are an issue (Most MMO's don't have private servers because serverside files are not provided, they are provided in Atlas) . It just has a troublesome network architecture which makes it difficult (Not impossible) to play privately.

Also yes you can say what the devs want from their game considering they have very specifically outlined what it is supposed to be, and he wants the exact opposite of what they have said they want the game to be on every level. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Also yes you can say what the devs want from their game considering they have very specifically outlined what it is supposed to be, and he wants the exact opposite of what they have said they want the game to be on every level. 

I'm still waiting for someone to show me exactly where they said that they want their game is to be played exclusively by large groups. There was something about civilisation building and large scale pvp, but large groups don't bother with building civilisations and large scale pvp isn't really working. It's mostly small groups who need to trade because they aren't self-sufficient, who may offer a land for rental because they need additional protection, who prefer to make friendships with other groups instead of zerging everyone.

Edited by LaiTash

7 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Well, this is the fate of the actual native americans as well. Better start learning mexican and spanish. I hope you like Tacos, Burritos and Corona.

Edited by Talono

8 hours ago, LaiTash said:

I'm still waiting for someone to show me exactly where they said that they want their game is to be played exclusively by large groups. There was something about civilisation building and large scale pvp, but large groups don't bother with building civilisations and large scale pvp isn't really working. It's mostly small groups who need to trade because they aren't self-sufficient, who may offer a land for rental because they need additional protection, who prefer to make friendships with other groups instead of zerging everyone.

You admit in your own post that you've seen what they said, just that you refuse to interpret it in a way that discounts your narrative. I can't help you if you purposefully choose to misconstrue their words and intentions.

Very specifically, they said they wanted the game to be a merge between Ark (A game that was not very friendly to small groups), and Eve (A game in which small groups are utterly non-competitive). Megatribes inherently build miniature civilization within them. By definition, strictly so. They establish trading relationships within their own groups, have hierarchies, operate on political machinations and manage themselves with various social and political policies. 

Given, that sounds like a bit of a meme, and to an extent, it is, however for a video game, it's quite true. 

Everything you talked about sounds freaking awesome. "It will be bad cause a big tribe will wipe another big tribe out and the big tribe that looses will loose everything" Lol what? this is a pirate game bro big woop if you loose you lost bro

14 minutes ago, Samula said:

Everything you talked about sounds freaking awesome. "It will be bad cause a big tribe will wipe another big tribe out and the big tribe that looses will loose everything" Lol what? this is a pirate game bro big woop if you loose you lost bro

Yeah, but he's part of a subset of people that would rather blame the game for him losing, and petition them to change the rules until he won, simply because he didn't/doesn't want to play by the rules of the game in the first place. It's highly unlikely that any logical or reasonable argument or discussion will dissuade him because, in his mind, he fundamentally believes that the game is the issue, and not him. 

13 hours ago, Herasea said:

While i don't like it, it's true. Every survival game has gone down this route of not very solo friendly and haven't "fallen". Either people deal with it, team up or move to modded or PvE

That's why when i started this game i went straight to PvE, as i knew as as solo player, i will get my ass handed to me on PvP.

Oh yeah what about Conan? 

2 hours ago, Samula said:

Im not saying thats a bad thing Im saying it wont last long. Guess you need to read my message again.