Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

NO FEATURE IN MEGA COMPANIES, THE GAME WILL FAIL!

Eve also has 13 YEARS on Atlas to fine tune their systems, and in all honesty, the solo experience didnt truly get mechanics support till about 4 years ago.

Meanwhile Atlas is not even released for another 2 years.

And you can operate solo in Atlas, its just super risky cause there are no hand holding high sec zones with NPC ships that will get revenge if you get killed in them.

16 minutes ago, Sketch said:

renting is not a solution as it forces more pvp style concepts in pve and will just fuel players to greif others, it wont help those companies that want there own small space on offical servers, private severs dont have the playerbase to support them either.

Some unofficials defintely do, but again, there are 2800 listed, so you have to find the gems in the manure.

2 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Eve also has 13 YEARS on Atlas to fine tune their systems, and in all honesty, the solo experience didnt truly get mechanics support till about 4 years ago.

Meanwhile Atlas is not even released for another 2 years.

And you can operate solo in Atlas, its just super risky cause there are no hand holding high sec zones with NPC ships that will get revenge if you get killed in them.

Some unofficials defintely do, but again, there are 2800 listed, so you have to find the gems in the manure.

nope i spent hours the other day and found none with populations more then 20 max, and most of them were as far removed from the official style of server as could be(easy modes) and unless ur rp'ing theres not much a playerbase and its gonna get worse as more peeps get fed up or just leave. 2 years is a long time but once players leave they tend to not come back.

1 minute ago, Nuka said:

Want solo safe? Play on your privite server. Problem solved

It's a dumb solution for a mmorpg. I didn't buy a singleplayer game.

• Like 1

Play with friends. A big company does not want solo player to compete with it. Carebears go PvE or private hub.

Edited by Nuka
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sketch said:

nope i spent hours the other day and found none with populations more then 20 max, and most of them were as far removed from the official style of server as could be(easy modes) and unless ur rp'ing theres not much a playerbase and its gonna get worse as more peeps get fed up or just leave. 2 years is a long time but once players leave they tend to not come back.

DarksideRP has a 5x5 grid, 100 players max per grid, tons of folks on it.  But it does require RP and has strict RP PvP engagement rules.

But yeah, im sure you checked all 2800 private servers, especially since you cant see a servers total population even if you look at its spawnable homeports.

All you can see is the population of the grids you can spawn into.

Just now, Nuka said:

Play with friends. Big company don't want single person to compete. Carebears go PvE or private hub.

Dude, i've been playing eve, ultima, fonline, darkfall, and life is feudal. Just because i don't like waking up just to see all my stuff is gone while i slept doesn't mean i'm a carebear you know. I don't mind pvping and loosing stuff. I don't like loosing stuff when i can't do shit about it.

5 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

DarksideRP has a 5x5 grid, 100 players max per grid, tons of folks on it.  But it does require RP and has strict RP PvP engagement rules.

But yeah, im sure you checked all 2800 private servers, especially since you cant see a servers total population even if you look at its spawnable homeports.

All you can see is the population of the grids you can spawn into.

you cant check that many, the system wont let you and other constraints:

1. most will crash the client for some code error.

2. it can only list a few hundred

3. your not specifing per region. or per mode

4. how many of them have sotd, discoveries and stuff pve?

5. dont boot due to language differences or non-discord/website signup user

6. search function for servers doesnt work 90% of the time

Edited by Sketch

4 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Dude, i've been playing eve, ultima, fonline, darkfall, and life is feudal. Just because i don't like waking up just to see all my stuff is gone while i slept doesn't mean i'm a carebear you know. I don't mind pvping and loosing stuff. I don't like loosing stuff when i can't do shit about it.

And none of this games are survival like Rust or Ark. "Building some gigantic stone cube with small room in the center"/"blowing all up with bombs when owner sleeping" is a mandatory gameplay for it. In Atlas you also can sail.

Edited by Nuka

2 minutes ago, Nuka said:

And none of this games are survival like Rust or Ark. Building some gigantic stone cube with small room in the center and blowing all up with bobmbs when owner sleep is a mandatory gameplay for it.

with the current seiging its impossible or super long time days+ to get into a base thats been properly honey combed, most will give up and avoid it because of it. Most of the big zergs are already avoiding land battles currently

Edited by Sketch

"Most will give up". Hear it since the first delay of the launch

Edited by Nuka

2 minutes ago, Nuka said:

And none of this games are survival like Rust or Ark. "Building some gigantic stone cube with small room in the center"/"blowing all up with bombs when owner sleeping" is a mandatory gameplay for it. In Atlas you also can sail.

Well that kind of gameplay sucks for a mmorpg, especially since the trailers were showing actual pvp (and not people versus structures) and even freeports full of people (so i thought it will be more than viable to make one of them my home). 

Just now, LaiTash said:

Well that kind of gameplay sucks for a mmorpg, especially since the trailers were showing actual pvp (and not people versus structures) and even freeports full of people (so i thought it will be more than viable to make one of them my home). 

It's not mmo RPG. Nobody says it. Its MMO Survival.

8 minutes ago, Nuka said:

"Most will give up". Hear it since the first delay of the launch

most, i should rephrase that to they already have several of the big zergs have given up raid each other.

War isn't cheap business, you know. And btw there is a lack of proper trade mechanic now.

Edited by Nuka

10 hours ago, LaiTash said:

In real life i'm doing just fine having a few close friends. I could actually do well without having any at all. Sure i have a whole country of people behind me but they let me have some private property, doesn't want me to collect fiber for a new ship, and just lets me do whatever i want as long as i pay taxes and don't commit crimes. Also, real life doesn't lag or crash when there are too many players and buildings nearby. In real life i can visit other countries without being immediately shot at by some toxic kid. And in real life i can play videogames to escape from it.

Real life doesn't punish me for belonging to an introverted half of the humanity.

i don't even have to argue my point here, i just have to point out that you are wrong.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:05 AM, wakko151 said:

so you think the game is going to fail because people are going to group up and cooperate? you mean like real life?

You think the game is going to die because its supporting a bunch of large groups? How is it going to support large groups and have no one playing at the same time? Its not ark 2.0. You just don't want to learn. Everything that is different is not broken. You just don't feel like learning.

You didn't read what I wrote or you just love that cool aid

On 1/14/2019 at 4:41 AM, Anatas said:

You just forgot one simple thing. In RL you belong to some country who is your "Company" that give you protection and let you be.

This is false. All countries in the world we live in do some really bad things to their own people. Native Americans "Indians" Lived just fine in small tribes with out government laws and TAXES!

4 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

This is false. All countries in the world we live in do some really bad things to their own people. Native Americans "Indians" Lived just fine in small tribes with out government laws and TAXES!

‘All countries’. Ghehe. Why are you making up the biggest bullshit to make a point thy wasn’t even a point to begin with if you thought about it first. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

7 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

blah blah blah. Thats what I read because thats what you wrote.

On 1/14/2019 at 4:02 AM, archaegeo said:

If you want to play on Official PvP and be solo or 2-3 man groups, you go into it knowing it will be hella hard and that the world can wipe you out without even noticing.

The game is still very fun.

And of course, there are unofficial servers that are really excellent and offer a great way to enjoy the game solo or small group.

Or you can of course go PvE.

But saying they need to add systems so solo's are safe from groups? umm, no 

(and Im a solo player on pvp).

It honestly sounds like you need to be on a PvE server, seriously.  There is a lot of fun to be had on PvE and you dont have to worry about large company zergs.

(Once they fix the exploit of sinking ships by weight on PvE of course)

The problem with this is that right now there is no difference between PvP and PvE.  You can still lose your Claim/Ship/Inventory to cowards who really should be playing PvP and broken game mechanics, which I'm sure will be fixed eventually...  I know what "Early Access" entails :classic_cool:

9 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

There quite really is no point in reading what you write in the main threads anymore.  You post some horrible doom seeking vision you've had and assume everyone should just agree, all others are instantly snowflakes/fanboys.. whatever insult comes to mind first.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Everyone here read what you wrote. The problem is that you want to turn this game into some kind of bad battle royale or dayz clone. You want the game to be, inherently, changed from what it was always designed and marketed to be. The devs did not make Ark, nor this game, for solo lone wolves with social problems, they made it for large groups to have epic fights spanning hundreds of people. 

Go to unofficial. Find yourself a nice 5-8 pop server. Play that with the other 4 people who want to play Atlas PvP solo. This game is not meant to be played solo. Or by small groups. By design. They also probably won't try to do the Ark Small Tribes thing, because that experiment died and was an abject failure even in Ark, which was much more friendly to small group play. 

Edited by Ellentro

Weeeeelll from the look of it we won't have a base when i wake up tomorrow. Not going to loose my sleep over some shitty game design desicions tho. 

*AS I EXPECTED they waited till most of us go to sleep to bring 150 people. The game's lagging like hell, can't even reload. Good thing is that like 50 of them got kicked from server. Designed for large companies lol.*

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Vaenix said:

There quite really is no point in reading what you write in the main threads anymore.  You post some horrible doom seeking vision you've had and assume everyone should just agree, all others are instantly snowflakes/fanboys.. whatever insult comes to mind first.  

I dont care if you agree with me or not... You dont read the post but you have some sucky counter to what Im saying. Thats what a TROLL does.