Sign in to follow this  

The pianoforte was an Italian invention around the year 1700, just in time for the later portion of the Golden Age of Piracy.  Before that the harpsichord was an established instrument existing for hundreds of years, on which the pianoforte was based.  I understand it would be a tall task, but the notion of playing a piano--or form of stringed keyboard instrument--either after a long sea voyage or on a ship is captivating.  I hope down the line that it could be a mod that becomes official.

May your travels be filled with joy and song
Scrubtimus

As long as one of the songs you can acquire for it ingame is Piano Man by Billy Joel, sure, why not? No need to say anything about the impracticality of having a large wooden instrument that could be extremely dangerous when tossed around during rough seas on board. There's realism and then there's gameworld. My immersion won't suffer primarily because I don't let myself get butthurt over immersion.

Just throw in Ode to Joy, O Fortuna Imperitix Mundi, and Jerry Lee Lewis's Great Balls of Fire and we're good.