Sign in to follow this  
AntonyVW

Problem painting sails

Ok so following a tutorial I got a design I was happy with for my sail and imported it without to much of a problem. The problem occured when I applied it to the sail on the ship. What I should have had was a maroon diamond with a black edge to it. In the middle of the diamond should have been a gold/yellow scales. The rest of the sail should have been its normal colour.

What I actually got was a dark grey diamond with black edge and red scales. The rest of the sail was a sort of olive green.

I used the software recommended which was from ark and I did ask it to check the colours before saving it. Anyone know what went wrong and how to correct it please?

Ark uses different dyes to Atlas; there is an Atlas specific .pnt importer, but it also includes the Ark colours and you have to turn off the non-Atlas colours before you save.

Best practice is to untick every dye, and only re-tick the closest colours that you know are in game; in your case black, a maroon and a gold/yellow or two.

**Edit** I'm away from my machine now, but I'll post the name of the software I'm using in the morning **/edit**

Edited by Razorwire
  • Thanks 1

fyi there is no unlocking dyes in atlas, all dyes are unlocked from the begning, and the atlas pnt converter has FOREST which is not a supported atlas color, all others are

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, mizunami said:

fyi there is no unlocking dyes in atlas, all dyes are unlocked from the begning, and the atlas pnt converter has FOREST which is not a supported atlas color, all others are

*tries really hard not to make a joke about FOREST running.*

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

*tries really hard not to make a joke about FOREST running.*

lol

Anytime I've had to use forest, I've switched it out with another green dye and it's worked. the game registers it, So not sure what the issue with forest is

Just forest, eh? Our tribe colours were forest and white, and are the same for our company. I leave the white bits transparent, so I've had trouble with every design 😄