Sign in to follow this  
Scrubtimus

Custom Music Sheets

I have been fiddling around with the accordion free play.  I couldn't help but learn some songs and make the long sea voyages with my friends more vibrant and nostalgic with He's A Pirate.  I think the free play and sheet music of the accordion could be added onto with role playing content in allowing individuals to turn their sheet music blank and have a customization feature.  This would simply be a guide for someone to play a specific set of keys, and would destroy the buff of the previous sheet music which it was written over.  I think if the sheet music buff carried over this would be an issue in that it nullifies the mini game and allows individuals to simplify their songs should they choose to, hence why I purpose the blank sheet be void of buff as well.  The customization of sheet music could be locked behind a skill tree or could be accessible to all and used as a RP feature since it gives no benefit to the player.  The blank sheet could then be used in a free play fashion to make the sheet music key presses by taking note of the relevant key presses as they are played.  It could even have 2 options, one to make the song and the second to set up the key presses for the sheet music mini game so as to make varying difficulties.  Separating the mini-game keys from the actual song played would permit more advanced users to simplify their pieces for others to enjoy, for example the piece can contain octave changes but the mini-game could simplify to remove the octave changes for a steadier flow--there is currently a minor delay in free play on octave changes with the accordion.    A key limit on each sheet should be in place as a safeguard in case issues might arise with the feature.

TLDR,  Custom sheet music.  This would simply be a guide for someone to play a specific set of keys created by another player.  It would destroy the buff of the previous sheet music which it was written over.

Thank you for reading,
May your travels be filled with shanties and tall tales,
Scrubtimus

• Like 1