Sign in to follow this  
Realist

The real reason atlas is done

I get that nobody sees it just yet. Completely cool. I am not even going to mention numbers or anything like that this time.

we already know there isn’t an exact fix for claims. Sure people have ideas, every single one has a way to get around it.

ark survived, and still survives because you can literally just build anywhere. The reason people complain about atlas is that they can’t find a spot. To all of the hardcore pvpers and wildcard fans, the complainers aren’t going away anytime soon. I know some of you need to ruffle your feathers and type a quit whining thread every once in awhile, but regardless of their hurt feelings, they will keep complaining. They will change your game.

the days of “well join a company, or keep looking” wont last long. This type of player base will not be happy with that. Sure I know you want them gone but that is bad for the game in general, since a lot of players are these whiners.

the whiners need to worry too. The minute you change the hardcore players game, they will retaliate with extreme prejudice. If you thought is was hard to sail or get land before, wait till they get fed up with you.

the main problem of the game is actually the players themselves. Only horrible people play atlas. Why would I say that? Because the hardcore players and the whiners both moved to atlas from ark. Ark still has its steady player base. The worst of both sides came here.

base building and land will be the ultimate downfall. The shorter timer will also create a bigger problem than in ark(7 days).

once again, just sitting here and waiting

Well there is always lawless, and it is possible to take territory if you truly prepare or find a low pop area.

Plus in the long game I suspect there will be a lot more territory available to the most advanced companies, freeing it up for up and comers. That is to say, I suspect end game will see flying ships/floating islands.

This post seems to think the world revolves around Ark like its the only game in the universe!!!

There are far more gamer's then those who play Ark there are far more gamer's that have never played Ark!!!

Most gamer's have stear'ed far away from Ark because we know its a cesspit of griefer's!!!

But this is an MMORPG, this is a new ball park and people came here not because these guys made Ark but because there would be a Sandbox of opportunity to play in.

These Whiners as you call them are likely people who NEVER played Ark and expect a game of some sort of actual quality!  Is that too much to ask?  An Economy? Profession's? Trading? Content that's not revolving around PvP!!! Banks, Safe Zone's, balance and sensible decision making!  

You have one thing right the Ark Griefer's are a problem but worse then them are the Developers who enable this type of community to fester and stink!

I don't blame the whiner's at all they knew nothing about these Developers!  They came for the promise of a Sandbox MMORPG....

But that dream is dying fast as there is nothing here but a Cancerous Tumor of humanity!

Edited by Sulfurblade

38 minutes ago, Realist said:

I get that nobody sees it just yet. Completely cool. I am not even going to mention numbers or anything like that this time.

we already know there isn’t an exact fix for claims. Sure people have ideas, every single one has a way to get around it.

ark survived, and still survives because you can literally just build anywhere. The reason people complain about atlas is that they can’t find a spot. To all of the hardcore pvpers and wildcard fans, the complainers aren’t going away anytime soon. I know some of you need to ruffle your feathers and type a quit whining thread every once in awhile, but regardless of their hurt feelings, they will keep complaining. They will change your game.

the days of “well join a company, or keep looking” wont last long. This type of player base will not be happy with that. Sure I know you want them gone but that is bad for the game in general, since a lot of players are these whiners.

the whiners need to worry too. The minute you change the hardcore players game, they will retaliate with extreme prejudice. If you thought is was hard to sail or get land before, wait till they get fed up with you.

the main problem of the game is actually the players themselves. Only horrible people play atlas. Why would I say that? Because the hardcore players and the whiners both moved to atlas from ark. Ark still has its steady player base. The worst of both sides came here.

base building and land will be the ultimate downfall. The shorter timer will also create a bigger problem than in ark(7 days).

Love that you found a way to insult everyone who plays the game, since you happen not to, without knowing very much about 99.9% of them. The premise that someone is horrible because they played Ark (which you happen to play), or that only horrible Ark players moved to Atlas ( no non anecdotal evidence whatsoever to support this notion, and since you don't play Atlas, you word on anecdotal evidence is secondhand at best) is pretty eye rolling.

Some of what you've said here makes sense to experienced gamers, but only horrible people play Atlas? I'd take offense to such an assertion since it includes me if it weren't so laughably unsupportable. Any chance you want to rephrase that statement in some fashion so it isn't so obviously ludicrous in it's generalization and pointlessly insulting?

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 2

Ark build everywhere has caused major problems there as well pillaring the maps and taking over areas just to be a douchebag

21 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

Well there is always lawless, and it is possible to take territory if you truly prepare or find a low pop area.

Plus in the long game I suspect there will be a lot more territory available to the most advanced companies, freeing it up for up and comers. That is to say, I suspect end game will see flying ships/floating islands.

Ah yes, “tek tier/end game atlas” we all know that is coming. The unfortunate part of that is the “whiners”(I don’t see them as that) came here to get rid of the tek. 

Mark started as a Dino game and became something very different. You are right though, atlas will turn into something completely different. Don’t be surprised when they start bringing in dinos, because that is how they made money in the first place.

you are also right. There is also always lawless. Most new comers won’t know they have to build a bed off land and support that bed. Once they find out they have to do that they will think it is ridiculous. What I see with this is that everntually lawless will become claimable. Only for a second will people be able to enjoy that land because by the time that happens, the Megas will definitely want that territory for their own(good way to get beginner resources close to their island)

i totally get how you think more territory will become available with the mega wipes. That isn’t the case though. Megas will continue to claim land. They will actually allow people to take over the abandoned claim because they will know when it happens. All they have to do is wait for them to get blueprints and then it is time for a wipe. 

The next few months will prove to be entertaining 

24 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

This post seems to think the world revolves around Ark like its the only game in the universe!!!

There are far more gamer's then those who play Ark there are far more gamer's that have never played Ark!!!

Most gamer's have stear'ed far away from Ark because we know its a cesspit of griefer's!!!

But this is an MMORPG, this is a new ball park and people came here not because these guys made Ark but because there would be a Sandbox of opportunity to play in.

These Whiners as you call them are likely people who NEVER played Ark and expect a game of some sort of actual quality!  Is that too much to ask?  An Economy? Profession's? Trading? Content that's not revolving around PvP!!! Banks, Safe Zone's, balance and sensible decision making!  

You have one thing right the Ark Griefer's are a problem but worse then them are the Developers who enable this type of community to fester and stink!

I don't blame the whiner's at all they knew nothing about these Developers!  They came for the promise of a Sandbox MMORPG....

But that dream is dying fast as there is nothing here but a Cancerous Tumor of humanity!

Whoa dude! I don’t blame the whiners either! 

I used the word whiner because that is what the hardcore players say they are. It was a reference. I completely understand where they are coming from.

already not a fan of your post since you totally misunderstood what I was saying. 

I hate wildcard. Realize that now!

now go and read the thread again

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Whoa dude! I don’t blame the whiners either! 

I used the word whiner because that is what the hardcore players say they are. It was a reference. I completely understand where they are coming from.

already not a fan of your post since you totally misunderstood what I was saying. 

I hate wildcard. Realize that now!

now go and read the thread again

You used a pejorative label and then didn't want to take the blame when someone gave you grief for using it. You can't use a derogatory term and then get away with saying hey hey hey, I'm only calling them Aholes because that's what the people who don't like them call them. 

Sorry that just doesn't fly.

And you have the temerity to accuse someone of misunderstanding you? Really?

Edited by boomervoncannon

like ive said in several over posts, the claim system is intented. they wanted a ark/eve style game, and thats what they are working towards. thats why they have neutral zones on claims, so compainies who own their islands can let people build on them in specific areas. its all intended, and again based off the eve null sec system.

49 minutes ago, Realist said:

34 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

P.s. this world will revolve around ark. Not because of the devs but because of the players. 

This is ark

9 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

You used a pejorative label and then didn't want to take the blame when someone gave you grief for using it. You can't use a derogatory term and then get away with saying hey hey hey, I'm only calling them Aholes because that's what the people who don't like them call them. 

Sorry that just doesn't fly.

And you have the temerity to accuse someone of misunderstanding you? Really?

Because you are an idiot.

i would be considered someone that is a whiner to others on here.

i don’t care why he had a problem with me using the word whiner. Same thing with a black guy being accused of using a word that ends with a but then is being told he can’t say that. Doesn’t fly.

i say what I want, when I want. You are really stressing these words man. Don’t worry I dont blame you.

Edited by Realist

Wait... You posted 533 posts on this forum, don't even play the game? 

That's dedication. Not sure for what exactly but dedication. 

56 minutes ago, Realist said:

There will be fan boys telling you that... The game is just fine the way it is and that its just you!

Well its not just you its a lot of players who have this issues and Im guessing most of those players will quite. There is no room in this game for new players and that is the killer all in its self. Ill get a good laugh watching it sink. Maybe the devs will listen to the non fan boys and change the game for the better but prob not till they end up losing a lot of money!!!

1 minute ago, TiiaAurora said:

Who are you talking about? Because I have 280 plus hours into the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Who are you talking about? Because I have 280 plus hours into the game.

Look at your post count, then look back at my message. Then look back at your post count. Guess who I didn't talk to 😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

Because you are an idiot.

i would be considered someone that is a whiner to others on here.

i don’t care why he had a problem with me using the word whiner. Same thing with a black guy being accused of using a word that ends with a but then is being told he can’t say that. Doesn’t fly.

i say what I want, when I want. You are really stressing these words man. Don’t worry I dont blame you.

I stress words because this is a written communcation forum. Words matter here. It seems odd that you would post and not get that, but awesome that you just wanna insult people. Very mature.

8 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Didn’t have time for the whole video man. Are you confirming or denying? I’ll check it later.

17 minutes ago, mizunami said:

like ive said in several over posts, the claim system is intented. they wanted a ark/eve style game, and thats what they are working towards. thats why they have neutral zones on claims, so compainies who own their islands can let people build on them in specific areas. its all intended, and again based off the eve null sec system.

Yeah I get you want that. It actually wasn’t intended lol. The reason they opened lawless zones in the first place was so people could actually enter the game is a different section from the free ports.

they weren’t going to add more free ports since that would take away even more area for players. They aren’t going off of eve 😂

they added these areas so people could actually play when the game was released. Smh

3 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

Look at your post count, then look back at my message. Then look back at your post count. Guess who I didn't talk to 😉

My bad, there is so much toxic chat in these forums. If your not drinking the cool aid people will attack you.

24 minutes ago, Realist said:

Ah yes, “tek tier/end game atlas” we all know that is coming. The unfortunate part of that is the “whiners”(I don’t see them as that) came here to get rid of the tek. 

Mark started as a Dino game and became something very different. You are right though, atlas will turn into something completely different. Don’t be surprised when they start

Tek was hinted at from day one. ARK didn't become entirely different it was simply developed into fruition. Atlas hints towards magic. So yea, the game will change. This isnt a bad thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

I stress words because this is a written communcation forum. Words matter here. It seems odd that you would post and not get that, but awesome that you just wanna insult people. Very mature.

People in ARK and therefore in Atlas are very emotional about their things, about their gameplay about the fights they have. 

Someone once told me that the ARK community has more drama than any latino Soap Opera and I full heartily agree. 

And when emotions alone aren't a reason enough to argue (since emotions are a really bad base to argue upon), people drop insults to give their - otherwise fact lacking - argument  weight. Works with some people, but not with everyone. 

8 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

Yes it is. Compared to the 1000 plus rep I had on ark forums(more for posting than bragging) and the battle o have been fighting on Twitter towards wildcard.

this forum doesn’t show even 1/10 of my dedication. Some people on here actually think that arguing with me and who knows, even proving me wrong on a very occasional basis might stop me.

oops for that 😂 try hards on ark forums did a better job 👍

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

Tek was hinted at from day one. ARK didn't become entirely different it was simply developed into fruition. Atlas hints towards magic. So yea, the game will change. This isnt a bad thing.

Yea I love this too. "It's a dino game" 

You have an implant in your arm.. There are giant obelisks standing around.. You get supply drops from the sky... There is a scifi wobbly border around the map.. 

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Yes it is. Compared to the 1000 plus rep I had on ark forums(more for posting than bragging) and the battle o have been fighting on Twitter towards wildcard.

this forum doesn’t show even 1/10 of my dedication. Some people on here actually think that arguing with me and who knows, even proving me wrong on a very occasional basis might stop me.

I think it's kinda sad tbh. 

Just now, Nari said:

1 minute ago, TiiaAurora said:

Yea I love this too. "It's a dino game" 

You have an implant in your arm.. There are giant obelisks standing around.. You get supply drops from the sky... There is a scifi wobbly border around the map.. 

And these things were in from day one. Ark was never a dino game that got changed, and saying so is ignoring facts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nari said:

Well yeah, atlas is ark 😂 not like ark, it is ark 

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

I Honestly don't care if you play or not, often enough I sorta like your posts.  Sometimes I disagree. 

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Why would I say that? Because the hardcore players and the whiners both moved to atlas from ark.

But here you said that both types of people playing atlas came from Ark...  ^^^^  Right here you said the whinners were from Ark and I simply pointed out that I disagree!  Because I am one of those Whinners and I don't want to be associated with ARK!!!!  Please and Thank you....