Sign in to follow this  
CyanicEmber

“Enable Allied Sailing/Use”

This feature needs to be implemented as quickly as possible in order to allow allied Companies to work together in an effective manner. As it stands having allies man your base defenses or come aboard your ships leaves them crippled as they cannot respawn, make use of emplacements like cannons or mortars, and cannot steer or work sails. This change would be highly beneficial to collaborative efforts.

• Like 2

It would depend. One downside I see is your allies borrowing your ship while you are offline & when you come online it's not where it's supposed to be. However I do agree that if they are traveling with you that they should be able to spawn on your bed.

Merge groups? So many people want their 3-5 active player groups to be treated as if they are 10 times larger. They are absolutely unwilling to merge and get stronger because that might mean they actually have to be slightly less selfish and actually work as a larger group.

Merging is the better option, you can use each others beds to transfer between ships or bases, use the ships in defense, you will probably have more coverage during off hours. It is all around a better way to go than dealing with the poor alliance system.

It would make working together much more effective to have this enabled at certain times for certain durations. Perhaps it could be in correlation with managing company governance. If you enable it in governance, it also enables in alliances, but then at least you have an off switch before you log off. Or completely separate in the alliance management menu, have the ability to create an event, like “start alliance adventure” and then invite the company of interest, and then have a place to click end for when its done. 

I don't think that allies having more access to my stuff is a good thing, one ally I had took my best tame and never gave it back, thanks to a company member who left it at his base. I can only imagine what would happen if they could use my ships too.

Depends on how they impliment it, if they do.

An allies tab with tick box permissions, crew ships, captain ships, ride tames, access inventories etc. would probably appeal to most people.

• Like 1

yeh but if anyone in your company high enough can invite any ally, then they could prob give permissions too. Too risky for me. Especially if you fall out with a company member.

Edited by Whitehawk

If your worried about allies abusing your crap then really why are they still allies? I simply wouldn't ally with people that don't know what there doing and if anything did happen break the alliance off 

Oh yeh I never thought of that (sarcasm). of course I broke the alliance, but it's too late after isn't it. So I say again i'd rather not take the chance.

Yeh well as you're obviously a mind reader and know every move your allies are going to make including everyone in their company before you click invite, I suppose it would be safe for you. But for anyone who is not cognitive or telepathic I'd recommend not allowing access to your stuff.

Easy enough to sort out if you're playing with permisions, give permisions on what permisions each rank can allow.

Greying out the permisions per rank, with whatever the owner desides.

No mind reading required, just a bit of company admin.

If i've learnt one thing from playing mmo's it's the fact that unless you know someone in the real world then online you don't know them at all. They pose as different people different ages genders etc, not to mention motives for befriending you. That's why I always try to talk to people on the mics. And yeh it is only a game but if someone destroys something for you that you've put hundreds or thousands of hours into then it becomes a real chore. You can't run a company being the only admin either, it doesn't work. I won't bore you with the details but I got stitched by someone in my company so badly  it made me go back solo. And it only has to happen once to stop you playing, if it's bad enough. If people want this then that's their choice but you need to know what the downside could be too.