Endo Fett

Pillars Blocking Resources

Pillars should have no effect on resources.

You go through the time and effort of carefully building a modest network of catwalks and ziplines, only to have a pillar 50 metres away from the nodes ruin the respawn.

Am I seriously meant to ignore the building system and break two picks climbing the sheer cliff each time I need metal? And then death march the metal back with my pathetic weight cap. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1624870050

This image clearly shows how far my construction is from the nodes.

The nodes are meant to be spawning on the bare rock mtn. top in the pic. As you can see the catwalk below and zip-line post are the only structures in the area and yet they are still preventing the nodes from re-spawning.

Pillars need to be a no-impact building solution for reaching certain inaccessible resources. I refuse to demo this construct and go back to using climbing picks for every metal run.

Please adjust a setting or two and make this type of construction feasible. And while you're at it, PLEASE re-enable to no-clip building rules that you had in Ark. Seeing, "obstructed" when building near a cliff, even though no part of the asset is touching the stone, is insanely frustrating. Thanks again - Endo Fett

No Respawns.jpg

Edited by Endo Fett
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 5:15 PM, Endo Fett said:

Pillars should have no effect on resources.

You go through the time and effort of carefully building a modest network of catwalks and ziplines, only to have a pillar 50 metres away from the nodes ruin the respawn.

Am I seriously meant to ignore the building system and break two picks climbing the sheer cliff each time I need metal? And then death march the metal back with my pathetic weight cap. 

its the catwalks that are stopping the resources not pillars , so u want to build near resources and have them carry on spawning

and to the pillar spammers , have u though this is by design in an attempt to stop players spamming pillars around lawless areas to stop others building , if they block resources u wont be spamming as many

4 hours ago, UDO said:

its the catwalks that are stopping the resources not pillars , so u want to build near resources and have them carry on spawning

and to the pillar spammers , have u though this is by design in an attempt to stop players spamming pillars around lawless areas to stop others building , if they block resources u wont be spamming as many

You could employ a system where single pillars or floors in lawless would be ready to demo in 60 minutes. This is an elegant solution to "pillar spam" issues.

I shouldn't have to avoid building interesting and creative solutions to punish people who exploit the system.

I also don't believe it was the dev's intention for people to live in lawless zones permanently.

Edited by Endo Fett